Coelophysis

Sexual Orientation

Well, I go for both sides, so I would say that I'm bisexual. And maybe a little pansexual. I feel pretty proud of being able to recognize it aloud now. I couldn't do it before, but after I told my best friend about it I don't mind it anymore. It's like basically coming out of the closet for me :3

I always identified as Bisexual. Though I've never really saw the point in using one of these "labels," if you will...since, you love who you love, regardless. My best friend is a drag queen, who identifies as Pansexual, so we have these types of conversations all the time. smile.gif

It is true, Shadow Empress, that you love who you love regardless as you say... but I found that being able to put a label to what I was... or even that there WAS a label for what I was... made me feel a whole lot less alone. While, granted, labels can be used in a bad way; isn't it possible that they do help some people?

Just a thought.

It is true, Shadow Empress, that you love who you love regardless as you say... but I found that being able to put a label to what I was... or even that there WAS a label for what I was... made me feel a whole lot less alone. While, granted, labels can be used in a bad way; isn't it possible that they do help some people?

Just a thought.

Aye, that's true, sometimes having a label can, in some circumstances, be a good thing. It can help us not feel so alone...because we put them on ourselves for that purpose. It's when we start using those labels in a negative way...that's what bothers me about them.

I wonder... is there a general agreement on how old is old enough for ' the talk'?

I got 'the talk' from my mom when I was seven, if I recall. Primarily because at that time she was pregnant with my baby sister and... it sort of brought up the questions you might expect from an inquisitive child-where do babies come from and all of that.

Edited by Silverswift

@Silverswift: As soon as you estimate they would be capable of understanding a thing that is by all rights is a natural part of life, you explain it. Generally and in simplified terms to start out, but sooner is always better than later.

I never got "the talk". I climbed up a bookshelf when I was in first grade for a book on biology my mom had bought for me and then put away because she realized it explained reproduction. So I'm a terrible source for this.

I'd have to say I'm complex - a gray-asexual demi and hetero who's been bi-curious in the past. I went through that phase and decided it wasn't for me, but have run into other women who were just very seriously exuding some unnameable quality that attracted me to them. All in all, I do prefer the opposite gender.

As for "the talk", I think I learned from other kids around the age of 7 or so. I don't really remember my parents ever trying to have "the talk" with me. My mom taught me about periods and that at age 10, just to prepare me, but nothing else. As for me, I let my husband do the talking to my boys and we both agreed that age 7 was appropriate since that's when he learned about it too.

Edit: Well, I'm demi-sexual with two exceptions... Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean) and King Thranduil (The Hobbit Trilogy). HAHA!

Edited by LadyFoxfire

Hrrm, well, it's a maturity thing. I'd say somewhere around ten is likely best, but earlier or later depending. It's ultimately the parents job to be smart (LOL) and decide when the time is right

I personally sorted nearly everything out around seven or eight, just based on stuff I'd picked up whilst people were attempting to talk over my head or overheard on the TV (Which has turned out to be a very bad thing, as I was not ready at the time)

There shouldn't be a need for "The Talk". Children should learn about their bodies from day 1. Telling them their bodies are starting to develop and mature should be no different from telling them they've grown an inch taller. It should be a progressive thing, not "oh by the way, all of this is going to happen now baaaaaaaai" like it usually is.

There shouldn't be a need for "The Talk". Children should learn about their bodies from day 1. Telling them their bodies are starting to develop and mature should be no different from telling them they've grown an inch taller. It should be a progressive thing, not "oh by the way, all of this is going to happen now baaaaaaaai" like it usually is.

Ideally, but nevertheless my parents waited until I was 10 to give me "the talk" and by then most of my friends already knew the whole deal, and I was very out of the loop xd.png Up until then, whenever I'd ask "how are babies made?", my mother would just say "the woman's egg and the man's sperm meet" and I never questioned that any further, I guess. And when I asked "what is sex?" she told me it was whether biologically someone was male/female.

It was only a year after that when I questioned my own sexual orientation, later to identify at the age of just 11 as bisexual and much later (a couple years ago) pansexual...so yeah, a lot of new info within the short span of a year. I think I could've handled getting the sex talk earlier in life. I think society/parents make it into a wayyyy bigger deal than it needs to be. But. Whatevs.

No one gave me "the talk". I just kind of figured everything out as I went along. Being around a bunch of Perverted High School students who thought sex was the absolutely pinnacle of all conversations, helped. I couldn't go an hour without hearing about something sexually explicit.

Really depends on the child in question. And, now a days, you really don't have to explain much since they'll probably be exposed to it via the internet, tv or movies. It will also depend on how sexually active the child is. Unfortunately, some children think that having sex at 11 or 12 is a good idea. Where as a lot of children will wait until they're a lot older.

Edited by MysticTiger

Bumping this thread because I've been moving into bisexual territory of late, which is an interesting development.

Not entirely sure how I handle this in my personal relationships, so that's fun. Like, I've never really felt the need to draw attention to my sexual orientation anyway given my complete and utter lack of a love life. So maybe I'll just continue to not deal with it? I don't know.

Bumping this thread because I've been moving into bisexual territory of late, which is an interesting development.

Not entirely sure how I handle this in my personal relationships, so that's fun. Like, I've never really felt the need to draw attention to my sexual orientation anyway given my complete and utter lack of a love life. So maybe I'll just continue to not deal with it? I don't know.

I know this story and IT IS MY FAVORITE 8D

*creeps on Stromboli*

I know this story and IT IS MY FAVORITE 8D

*creeps on Stromboli*

I'm tellin' ya Haze, there's something in the water at arts camp.

Last year I had a little bit of a crush on one of the gals here, but I just thought it was an anomaly and she was straight anyway so I didn't really think about it much. Or talk about it at all.

And then there's this year, which you've heard plenty about. Like, this is a crush every bit as bad as any other crush I've ever had, so I'm gonna go ahead and say that it ain't a fluke.

But yeah. Arts camp. There's cute girls there.

ps, ya creep

pps i'm sorry she's just super huggable and i can't get over it oh my goodness you don't understand

Edited by Stromboli

I'm tellin' ya Haze, there's something in the water at arts camp.

Last year I had a little bit of a crush on one of the gals here, but I just thought it was an anomaly and she was straight anyway so I didn't really think about it much. Or talk about it at all.

And then there's this year, which you've heard plenty about. Like, this is a crush every bit as bad as any other crush I've ever had, so I'm gonna go ahead and say that it ain't a fluke.

But yeah. Arts camp. There's cute girls there.

ps, ya creep

pps i'm sorry she's just super huggable and i can't get over it oh my goodness you don't understand

Oooooooh guurrlll you've got it hard! :'D Fierce crushes are simultaneously awesome and awful. She sounds super cute too like omg. I just wanna smoosh your faces together 8D

Cute girls that art are the BANE OF MY EXISTENCE

i'm a creep because i care

i am gay or homosexual but that does include the variants of people who identify as male whether they be intersex, trans*, bigender (ect)

i am also demiromantic or demisexual it takes a while for me to even find myself sexually attracted towards anyone and there has to be an emotional basis

ie i am me and i apparently still defy labels since multiple would have to apply for me

And bumping this thread because National Coming Out Day. biggrin.gif

Been debating all week if I should come out to anyone in my real life, but now that it's today I legit can't think of how to go about it. Like, I know I'm not ready to come out to my parents because I have literally no idea what their views on homosexuality are right now. And then I wouldn't even know how to get into the bisexuality stuff with them. So yeah, that'll probably be a long time off. And by that I mean I'm unlikely to bring it up until I end up in a relationship with a girl, so yeah...

But even with my friends who'd be cool with it, whenever I think about calling or texting one of them specifically my brain just goes wat do.

Though part of me just wants to send out a mass text that just says "HAPPY NATIONAL COMING OUT DAY, GUESS WHAT"

Though part of me just wants to send out a mass text that just says "HAPPY NATIONAL COMING OUT DAY, GUESS WHAT"

I want someone to do this now. Not necessarily you if it isn't the best way to for your situation but omg that would be amazing.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

I want someone to do this now. Not necessarily you if it isn't the best way to for your situation but omg that would be amazing.

I decided to do that with my friends that I was thinkin' about coming out to.

The one played along and was like 'OMG WHAT' and the other was just like "Wow, that was subtle."

I appreciate my friends. smile.gif

Pfff, this is such a tipsy subject for me! I'm pretty sure I'm heteroromantic ( or biromantic, although I'm probably just heteroromantic ) but I'm not sure if I'm demisexual or just asexual.

Complicated stuff, man. Why can't all of this be easier to figure out?

I came out to my friends whenever I decided that I felt comfortable telling that person. Except for my one friend who's kind of a hipster, I told him on National Coming Out Day so I could watch him freak out about how mainstream I was being. tongue.gif

Edited by F.ury