Coelophysis

Sexual Orientation

I'm asexual.

Relationships with either genders or objects just do not interest me in any way and I have no such desires for a relation.

I am a Heterosexual female in reality. Though in fantasy I sometimes play the opposite gender depending on my mood.

I guess I see myself as a heterosexual, but I'm not exactly sure as I've never been in a relationship before (yeah, I'm nearly 26 and never had a boyfriend in my whole life).

...But I'm actually a bit of a special case as sometimes I feel like a gay man stuck in a female body (as in I'm still attracted to guys, but would prefer to be a man myself). These are called girlfags, I think.

I've acted like a tomboy all my life - I've only recently gotten interested in clothes and stuff like that, but I still refuse to wear make-up and don't really wear skirts or dresses. I also don't understand women who gossip and/or squeal about their favorite actors, musicians, etc. In contrast, I like watching sports (drifting, ski jumping, tennis), dislike romance books and actually love watching anime series about F-1 racing and drifting. ...Maybe growing up in a neighborhood where most kids were boys made me feel like a man instead of a woman. xd.png

Edited by Beldarius

I generally consider myself heterosexual, because I'm attracted to the sex that's opposite my sex. But I suppose in a way I'm not? I'm still working this whole situation out, and it's very confusing. I do know that I'm romantically attracted to anybody though

Looking back on the thread, I think I'm either more asexual that's demiromantic (?) or demisexual than heterosexual. Pretty sure I'm demisexual, though.

Edited by XiaoChibi

I'm lesbian/straight (lesbian when I'm a girl, straight when I'm a guy) and don't really care whoever knows it. Girls are cute anyway, so I don't think I can be blamed for loving them! xd.png But honestly, I really don't find guys attractive. I've tried fantasizing about boys before but it never has the same, if any, effect... Edited by Cavedragon49990

I'm as gay as it gets.

Out of all the posts, this one just made me giggle. I can just imagine this serious look as he raises his hand in a room full of strangers talking about what sexuality they are, and as everyone goes quiet to look he just says "I'm as gay as it gets."

I swear if this was real life I would have burst out laughing for absolutely no good reason other than it sounds funny/interesting in my head. I love it.

I am Bisexual/Pansexual. I am not opposed to trying new thing with whomever or whatever this new thing will involve. I can be sexually active with both males and females but females (despite being very fun to play with and whatnot) just don't cut it for me. I'm sort of an attention hog in bed and love having mostly everything done to me so playing with a girl takes my time and attention from what can be done to me and is focused on playing with her as well. Though I don't know if having a bigger preference to males over females allows me to be Bi. Bisexuality is very confusing since some people approve and others don't and everyone seems to have different way of defining what bisexuality is.

Considering this, I have my self an Asexual/Demisexual boyfriend. He and I are perfect in bed to where he is dominant and enjoys giving all his attention to me and I gladly take it all. But it is interesting how he is not attracted to anyone sexually or otherwise other than me. He has close friends, but his emotional attraction is so strong to me that only I can really get his engines revving. Not even a dirty video gets him going. It embarrassed him, but it does nothing to turn him on unlike other guys.

We seem to work very well together though and it personally makes me happy to have someone I am fully comfortable with. He enjoys my Bisexuality even points out girls for me to check out and does the occasional "You'd tap that" joke when I comment on how lovely said girl is. We are a long distance couple though so it gets hard to spend time together and really get to see each other but here's hoping I get to live with him some time soon.

I am a bisexual. Although I have very few female friends (I would say about two or three) and a lot more male friends (I also spend much more time around them and go out with them more often). If I think about it, the last time I went out with a girl (not necessarily as a date, but also as a friend) was more than two months ago.

...But I'm actually a bit of a special case as sometimes I feel like a gay man stuck in a female body (as in I'm still attracted to guys, but would prefer to be a man myself). These are called girlfags, I think.

I believe that would be transgender.

Hmmmm... I dunno about anyone else, but I honestly find this subject to be a... confusing one for me. Probably because of how I was taught growing up. Am I the only one that gets uncomfortable when others make assumptions about someone's sexuality? For some reason I find this irks me to no end. I mean... I don't know what goes on inside another person's heart and head. I never QUITE understood why everyone was so interested in speculating about that sort of thing when it had nothing to do with them.

As an example... oh, they act a certain way, they must be homosexual?

I dunno about for others, but I honestly try not to do this. Probably partly because I wouldn't like other people making assumptions about me, I guess. The truth of it is... I don't feel like it is any of my business, I guess.

That may have to do with the fact that I am... well I dunno, really.

I believe that I may be an Asexual, though I am not clear on that for sure. Growing up for me was... interesting because I was never into guys like other girls my age. Even now, I have a hard time as seeing them anything more than friends... thing is, though, I don't view girls that way, either that I have ever found. Most of the time in high school, when all the other girls were getting crushes, the boys mainly just got on my nerves and I never saw what the other girls saw in them. At that time I thought i was straight... just hadn't met anyone i liked yet. Truth of the matter is I never quite knew what my deal was as a teenager other than it honestly seemed like I never had one... and as a teenager I had no idea that that was even a POSSIBILITY. AND you have no idea how frustrating it got when all the other girls in my class would start to giggling about boys and I just didn't get it at all.

Edited by Silverswift

AND you have no idea how frustrating it got when all the other girls in my class would start to giggling about boys and I just didn't get it at all.

*nod* I had similar experiences in my adult life when my coworkers would discuss celebrities. Being demisexual, I had no emotional connection to base an attraction on, and the fact that my visual cues for attractiveness are binary (ugly/not ugly) didn't help. I was accused of lying about the fact that I didn't consider any celebrities to be "hot" and that I didn't want to just hop into bed with them, when I'm simply not wired for either one. sad.gif

It is possible I am Demi instead of Asexual and I am not sure... never been close enough emotionally to a guy to find out, if I am honest.

Like I said, at that time I didn't know that being Asexual or Demi was even a possibility. It just wasn't something I was even told about at the time. So I was just kind of left feeling like , whatever I was, I was wired differently than the others. It didn't help that my parents warned me that if I didn't at least pretend that I was interested when the other girls went on like that they would all think I was a lesbian. That... would have gone over like a lead balloon where I went to school. Sort of just... made me feel a bit like a freak as I recall. Or at least, that it was painfully unfair that the other students would acknowledge, or at least consider, the possibility.

I sort of went to a very traditional private school growing up so it wasn't a thing that was even considered proper to talk about, honestly.

Edited by Silverswift

Yeah, I also was in a private school for most of my education, and it was tiny; my graduating class was only twelve people, and certain subjects were definitely on the Do Not Discuss list. I ended up dating a little in late high school, which is probably what saved me from the same discussion with my parents, if they even considered the possibility of my being a lesbian at all. We just had the ones where they didn't approve of the person I chose, which is another matter entirely. wink.gif

Anyway, I didn't know there was a word for what I was until the last year or so, when I had to look up "demisexual" because I'd never seen the word before... I read the definition and my eyes almost fell out. "That's me! There's a word for it, which means I'm not the only one!" For twenty-odd years, I was extremely awkward in those kinds of social situations, which led to me feeling freakish or broken where romantic or sexual matters were concerned, and then finally I felt I was on solid ground. I wasn't a freak, not broken, just different.

Whether you're asexual, demisexual, or anything else, I hope you don't consider yourself in a negative light. You are what you are, and it's okay. It's also okay not to know for sure; there's certainly time for you to figure it out.

I'm pretty sure I'm hetero ace. I don't want or feel the need or understand the attraction to sex, but I do want to be in a very close platonic relationship with a guy, if possible (I really hope I'll be able to find that close friend).

Yeah, I also was in a private school for most of my education, and it was tiny; my graduating class was only twelve people, and certain subjects were definitely on the Do Not Discuss list. I ended up dating a little in late high school, which is probably what saved me from the same discussion with my parents, if they even considered the possibility of my being a lesbian at all. We just had the ones where they didn't approve of the person I chose, which is another matter entirely.  wink.gif

Anyway, I didn't know there was a word for what I was until the last year or so, when I had to look up "demisexual" because I'd never seen the word before... I read the definition and my eyes almost fell out. "That's me! There's a word for it, which means I'm not the only one!" For twenty-odd years, I was extremely awkward in those kinds of social situations, which led to me feeling freakish or broken where romantic or sexual matters were concerned, and then finally I felt I was on solid ground. I wasn't a freak, not broken, just different.

Whether you're asexual, demisexual, or anything else, I hope you don't consider yourself in a negative light. You are what you are, and it's okay. It's also okay not to know for sure; there's certainly time for you to figure it out.

I can honestly say I am OK with it now. Certainly far more so than I was back then. Knowing that there are terms for it and that I am NOT the only one out there helps a LOT, I would say, with the feeling bad about myself thing. Happened across it a few years back on the internet of all things.... on the forums here as a matter of fact if I remember. ( long story... managed to forget the password to my old forum account and coudn't get back on because that Email address is not really any longer in use) Had to find out more about it after that. Since then I have wondered if I should try to explain things to my parents. Not honestly sure how that would go.

Edited by Silverswift

I would say I'm... Demi-pansexual? Is that a thing? Anyway I have a hard time liking people I barely know, and I've never been iffy with different orientations sooooo.... Yeah, Demi-pansexual.

Pansexual, perhaps panromantic asexual, but I really haven't had close to enough experience to be comfortable labeling myself as such.

After much thought and contemplation: I am panromantic girlsexual (<This is my current favorite word, I don't care that it's dumb, it's more comfortable for me to say at this time than anything else)

I'm also like anti-demisexual or something, because I cannot experience sexual attraction towards someone I'm emotionally attached to (And to a certain extent the opposite is also true, but it's hard for me to make emotional attachments anywhales, so it matters little)