Coelophysis

Sexual Orientation

Ah, I'm glad you posted about this! I wanted to bring it up but wasn't confident enough, then I saw your post and went yay! YESH I saw the dino earlier and it is so adorbs, d'aww. xd.png

Being so desperately introverted, I wasn't planning on doing much but I actually spoke up while at a meeting of my college's LGBTQIA* group about AAW. (Because no one else knew it was going on...) I've hung info flyers in my dorm and a bit around campus to try and get some visibility out, and also painted my nails the flag colors. A couple of people have approached me and asked some questions, and I've done my best to answer. So I feel accomplished even though I haven't done a lot; I know that if I hadn't done anything at all then I would've felt bad.

I'm not on any sites other than DC (I just follow Tumblr blogs) so I obvs can't get into anything online. But I'm looking at all the good stuff going on and I'm super happy to see aces being awesome, even though I seem to be quite alone in RL when it comes to fellow aces. biggrin.gif But I'm sorry I don't have any cool articles/etc. to share! D:

Nice!

I think our QuASaR died when my friend left it, as he was the one who started it. If it got passed on, I have no idea who to. D|

Thought about putting up posters. Still might do it. But I'm unsure if I'm supposed to get permission somewhere, lol.

I guess I'm gray-asexual but hetero?

I don't know, I don't really get 'love' like other people do. Most people get lke crushes and stuff, but I don't even like anyone until I've known them for a long time. Blah.

Given your age, I don't know if that's necessarily a sign of asexuality. Demisexuality is also a possibility.

I didn't start to develop realistic interest in sex/relationships until I was 19, so I wouldn't consider someone as asexual/demisexual for sure at the age of 13 either.

I don't really know what to label myself although I think I should be classified as a heterosexual. Even though I have sexual attraction for some guys, I often feel sick at the thought of committing into a relationship. I had some guys that liked me (even some I found kinda cute) but then I just wanted them to get away from me because I don't want them to drag me down with them into a relationship. The most important people in my life are my family and I and no one else. I don't need to have a life partner and quite franky I don't like the idea of having a life partner at all actually. Personally I'm totally a-OK with dying alone lol.

I'm definitely Hetero. Female, like guys.

BUT...I'm adaptable in that if I was ever in a situation, like jail, where I had to cater to another woman to survive, I could do it. It wouldn't scar me. I wouldn't really like it, but it wouldn't' mess me up. Meh.

I am very supportive of same sex equality though. Everybody should be able to love who their heart tells them to.

honestly i have no idea anymore if i'm homosexual or homoromantic it changes like every couple of days

i usually say i'm just gay now because it's easier ;u;

sometimes i feel kind of awkward tho because i'm really effeminate and i feel like im perpetuating that stereotype but it's also just my personality so? D': i dunno

Edited by Switch

honestly i have no idea anymore if i'm homosexual or homoromantic it changes like every couple of days

sometimes i feel kind of awkward tho because i'm really effeminate and i feel like im perpetuating that stereotype and my family says i shouldn't do that but it's also just my personality so? D': i dunno

It's totally okay to be fluid in romantic and sexual orientation, too.

For some people it's really set in stone. For other people, they're more fluid in attractions. It's totally normal and okay!

And, don't worry about perpetuating a stereotype as long as it's really YOU. Some people are just naturally closer to various stereotypes than others, and it's okay as long as they're not pretending to be just for the sake of perpetuating said stereotype.

i guess i never thought of that for some reason that might be it owo;

and thanks ;u;! it's definitely me i've always been like that

sometimes i feel kind of awkward tho because i'm really effeminate and i feel like im perpetuating that stereotype but it's also just my personality so? D': i dunno

If it makes you happy, and you're not hurting anyone, then do what you want and keep being happy smile.gif

Well.. I'm 16 so I may not know fully yet.. But I am straight. I have always liked men smile.gif I have never been attracted to a woman. I am one of those people who don't like relationships unless they are actually worth it. I want to know the person and know their personality before I want to commit. I want a long commitment with one person rather than on and off again relationships with multiple people tongue.gif

Even though I'm straight don't get me wrong, I think same sex relationships are okay. Whatever makes your heart happy works cool.gif

I identify as asexual/aromantic however I do think of individuals (male and female) as aesthetically pleasing. Don't get me wrong, I am not the sort of person that, pardon the cliché, has a tendency to judge a book by it's cover. It is just a fact that I feel a certain appreciation towards the natural beauty of others, which would be impossible to narrow down to any one 'type' as it can come in any form and is expressed differently by every human being. To be perfectly honest the physical appearance of others is usually the last thing I take notice of, it's the personality that counts. smile.gif

Girls are pretty, but I wouldn't ever date one. Or do anything else along those lines with one.

Heck, I don't even date. But if I did, it'd be a guy.

I'm so clueless in romantic situations that most of the time I don't even realize when I'm in a potentially romantic situation.

I would like to call myself hetero but I think I'm closer to a. I don't know if I'm demi because I've never dated.

I'm not really sure, but most likely pansexual or pan-demisexual. I might be asexual since I pretty much agree with Mohkai...

I've had crushes, but they never lasted long, though I haven't had many and recently not at all.

I define myself as pansexual, as I have fallen in love with people of various genders, including an intersexed person. Regarding physical appearance, I have to admit I find the female traits more appealing.

However, I share the opinion that it's not the appearance that counts - from that point of view I agree with Mohkai, although, unlike her, I wouldn't be ready to claim I may be asexual, since physical intimacy is a very important part of a relationship to me.

Edited by ZzelaBusya

IDK why I feel like posting here.

All I can say is that I'm not asexual but I wish I was. dry.gif

^This so much

That would make my life 10*10^10000000 times easier

Unfortunately, asexuality does not make life magically easier. All orientations and labels have their own challenges and frustrations, and asexuality is no different.

I'm kind of Sapiosexual ♥.. Even though it wasn't up there on the top post :3. But if I had to pick one from the top post, it'd probably most likely almost certainly maybe possibly be Hetrosexual. I also fall in love with pretty much every anime guy character I've ever see...

Sometimes I wish I could say I was asexual to combat a specific problem I deal with.

Here's an example of the problem:

Today my all-boys high school went to the all-girls school nearby for this freshman event. After the event was over, there was so time left to chat, so practically all my classmates started talking to the girls, "hitting on them" as stuff. Some of them have "relationships" with them as well. What was I doing? Standing far away, waiting to leave.

I have no interest in dating others until I get to college. This is for various personal reasons. Because I don't date or have a girlfriend or even hit on them, sometimes my classmates ask me if I'm gay. I'm not. However, a lot of teenagers these days can't grasp the idea of someone not wanting a relationship, or not wanting to hit on someone. That's why I sometimes wish I could just say "I'm asexual" to try and get rid of that problem in hopes that both the boys and girls will understand and not care.

Unfortunately, asexuality does not make life magically easier. All orientations and labels have their own challenges and frustrations, and asexuality is no different.

I'm sure there are challenges, but I'd much rather deal with those than, um, these...

@Bacon_Strips: Aww, that is frustrating when people don't understand. It makes total sense.

@Weavile: Well, being asexual wouldn't necessarily get rid of those awkward problems. While some aces don't feel any interest or desire for sex at all, it is totally possible to have a generalized libido that makes itself known. Asexuality is defined by not experiencing sexual attraction to anyone, not the 100% lack of a sex drive. >.<

So while it helps in that you don't have to deal with the frustration of wanting someone, it doesn't get rid of all the annoyances.

Meh, life is frustrating for everyone. xd.png

eta: KageSora totally got it, thank you. *tries to avoid confrontations*

Edited by Dimar

Sometimes I wish I could say I was asexual to combat a specific problem I deal with.

Here's an example of the problem:

Today my all-boys high school went to the all-girls school nearby for this freshman event. After the event was over, there was so time left to chat, so practically all my classmates started talking to the girls, "hitting on them" as stuff. Some of them have "relationships" with them as well. What was I doing? Standing far away, waiting to leave.

I have no interest in dating others until I get to college. This is for various personal reasons. Because I don't date or have a girlfriend or even hit on them, sometimes my classmates ask me if I'm gay. I'm not. However, a lot of teenagers these days can't grasp the idea of someone not wanting a relationship, or not wanting to hit on someone. That's why I sometimes wish I could just say "I'm asexual" to try and get rid of that problem in hopes that both the boys and girls will understand and not care.

Except the part where a lot of people would respond to that with "what's that mean?" or "you're sick/broken" or "stop lying". Or they'd tell you to just try it because you just haven't found somebody you like yet but if you do you'll find them. Or the "how can you know you're asexual until you have sex?" one.

So that wouldn't actually guarantee that you'd escape it, and in fact might end up with more issues.

Not to mention the fact that, one issue some aces deal with, is that they're not aromantic--which means they want a romantic relationship but don't really want a sexual one.

Which, for some asexuals, REALLY poses a problem on the dating scene--because if they're the kind of asexual who really does NOT want to have sex at all (some asexuals are okay with having sex, because you don't need to be sexually attracted to a person to have sex with them--it's complicated)... Then dating a sexual person is often a problem because they have needs and if you're not comfortable fulfilling those needs... Then it doesn't work out very well, unless you're okay with them having sexual relations with other people (which, hey, if that's how it works for those involved, that's awesome for them).

One problem is that the asexual dating pool is already a minority one. And then, on top of that, you have the fact that since we're all different people you're obviously not automatically compatible with everyone. So finding an asexual in your area (if you're not up for long-distance) who you're compatible with can be very difficult, which means that the dating scene can become that much harder and more upsetting and stressful.

I'm sure there are challenges, but I'd much rather deal with those than, um, these...

Here's some of what asexuals deal with! (You'll note some overlap with those of other sexualites):

• Being told they're sick/broken
  • Being told they're lying
  • Being told to stop trying to be a special snowflake because it's not a real sexuality
  • Being told they just haven't met the right person yet
  • Being told they don't exist
  • "Corrective rape"

And, of course, that's not even getting people to understand that sexual drive =/= sexual attraction so you can be an ace and still get horny and/or have sex, etc. And you have to explain the idea of romantic orientation as, in some people, being distinctly different from sexual orientation. Which often just confuses people.