Coelophysis

Sexual Orientation

Human sexual orientation is a wildly complex and varied topic.

To vastly oversimplify it, here are some of the common orientations:

Homosexual: Those who are attracted to people of the same gender

Heterosexual: Those people who are attracted to people of another gender

Bisexual: Those who are attracted to both the same and other genders, attraction to two or more genders

Pansexual: Those who are attracted to anyone, regardless of gender

Asexual: Those who do not experience sexual attraction

Demisexual: Those who are only sexually attracted to those they have formed a bond with first (can pair with homo-, hetero-, bi-, pan-, a-, etc.)

Gray-Asexual: Someone who goes through periods of asexuality and sexuality or has very low sexual attraction (can pair with homo-, hetero-, bi-, pan-, a-, etc.)

Sexual attraction can match up with or be different from your romantic orientation.

This is for the discussion of orientation, not about sex.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Heterosexual: Teople who are attracted to people of the opposite

Intentional typo, eh?

Myself, I am bisexual. I used to think that I was straight, but then I started acknowledging that my lesbo side wasn't a figment of my imagination. Hard to say which one I would prefer settling with as opposed to which one turns me on more, since fantasy =/= reality. I think I tend to prefer men more in fantasy, but would be more comfortable with a women.

But, on the other hand, even though I tend to prefer the average woman's personality as opposed to the average man's, being with women tends to make me a bit uncomfortable.

What do you guys think? What are your preferences for fantasy/reality?

Overall I'm a lesbian. Fantasy and reality, Women are the best to me :3 Very rarely, I fantasize about men though, but I could never see myself with one for real because nothing about them really intrigues me about them like women do.

All prettiful clean thread!

I identify as a lesbian, to anyone and everyone (ie, out and proud). Only my closest friends know that I'm a bit bi-curious, I don't normally mention it because it has no place in my life right now.

I've struggled with the Asexual label, because I still have no idea if it really describes me or not.... Certain things make me think that it does, while certain things make me think that it's not me. So... yeah.

I personally identify as demisexual, though I may be wrong and qualify as pansexual instead- I'm not fully sure yet. As I've said elsewhere, I've got a pretty equal chance of finding anyone attractive, I just want a strong, trusting emotional relationship.

Bisexual :3

I like guys, don't get me wrong <3 But I have felt romantic feelings towards girls, particularly one of my friends from a few years back. We aren't close anymore, mostly because I couldn't stand being around her and feeling the pain of knowing that it would never, ever happen. I loved her.

However. JohnnyDeppisyummy<3

I personally identify as demisexual, though I may be wrong and qualify as pansexual instead- I'm not fully sure yet. As I've said elsewhere, I've got a pretty equal chance of finding anyone attractive, I just want a strong, trusting emotional relationship.

You can be pan-demisexual. :3

You can be pan-demisexual. :3

-shrug- Sure xd.png

I don't particularly care what I am. I just want to find someone who loves me and I love, that trusts me and I trust, and... yeah. I don't care who it's with, as long as it's... genuine and good.

I didn't know that's what pansexual meant. I mean, I'd heard the term before, but it sounded to me like it was about something other than the gender spectrum. I guess I don't know what I thought it meant. Huh, you learn something new (on the dragcave forum) every day.

Soyeah, I... thought I was bi? But I guess I'm pansexual? I like anyone. Actually, I find androgyny in either gender more purely physically attractive than either extremely masculine males or extremely feminine females.

Some people use bi and pan to mean the same, but those are the 'technical' terms. Some people felt that bi wasn't diverse enough for their attractions. o3o

Fair enough. I guess I'll keep saying bi, I like the sound of it better.

Fun fact: the popular 'two cherries' motif is actually an old symbol for bi. Everyone seems to have forgotten, though. XD

I usually identify as bisexual, as the majority of people I know have no idea what pansexual is. I also had no idea what pansexuality was when I came out. At that time, the only thing I new was I was attracted to boys and girls, and I knew that was called being bi.

I myself think I have the capacity to love just about anyone. If I meet you, and I like you, and you are human, I might just fall in love with you. However I will say I have a stronger preference for females than others. :3

I usually identify as bisexual, as the majority of people I know have no idea what pansexual is. I also had no idea what pansexuality was when I came out. At that time, the only thing I new was I was attracted to boys and girls, and I knew that was called being bi.

I myself think I have the capacity to love just about anyone. If I meet you, and I like you, and you are human, I might just fall in love with you. However I will say I have a stronger preference for females than others. :3

-brohoof-

Aside from the preference (as I really have none xd.png), that's exactly how I feel. I go with demisexual because... I dunno, the only people I've ever found really attractive, I've happened to be friends with/have some kind of emotional connection.

-brohoof-

Aside from the preference (as I really have none XD), that's exactly how I feel. I go with demisexual because... I dunno, the only people I've ever found really attractive, I've happened to be friends with/have some kind of emotional connection.

-returns brogesture-

I developed a stronger preference for females after dating a female for the first time. Something about being in the relationship with her was somehow... I don't know. Some vocab word I don't know. But it was different in a fantastic way than dating guys.

I've been very attracted to people I've formed emotional bonds with. Unfortunately, all of 'em are straight females and the few guys I have emotional connections too... Well, they're guys, so... Not incredibly interested, unless they show some kinda interest in me. XD

The boring old strictly heterosexual woman over here. rolleyes.gif

(Curious how the only replies in this thread this far have been made by those not heterosexual only.)

Monogamous lesbian, mother of two, with my wife for....something like nine years. (She says ten, I say none, we vary on when the "together" versus the "in love" started, depending on who you ask.)

Monogamous lesbian, mother of two, with my wife for....something like nine years. (She says ten, I say none, we vary on when the "together" versus the "in love" started, depending on who you ask.)

It's ten.

<--

Is the wife, is still gay, is almost always right.

Edited by NobleOwl