Achire

Newbie Mistakes

Let all my first four eggs die.

I originally thought the Fansite subform was something else entirely and avoided it like the plague.

I was pretty lucky though, I joined just a bit before the 09 Vday madness and managed to find a good catcher. <3 I wasn't very good yet. xd.png Done pretty much all my own catching since.

When i first joined in 08' i couldnt get any clicks for most of my dragonsand they wouldnt hatch and died, so i got bored and quit for half a year, came back and still couldnt figure it out, so quit again for half a year, came back and figured it out, and kept killing CB eggs :S

The only mistake I can really say I made was letting the trauma get to me for two years (or so). Back now, though. ^^

This whole thread makes my heart hurt.

I've only done two stupid things that I can think of.

First of all, back when I first joined DC, I only picked up eggs from the AP because I thought it was wrong taking eggs away from the mother dragons and that I should help the dying babies in the AP instead. I later learned it didn't matter and felt quite stupid. xd.png

My second dumb thing was when I got my first Split. I had meant to fog the egg, and I accidentally clicked Abandon. I was even like, "oh this is weird. I don't remember ever having to put in my password to fog" and then I stare at the abandoned message for like, 10 whole seconds before I realized what I had done. I was really tired that day, so I blame lack of sleep for my stupidity though, lol.

Forgive me if this is a duplicate, but I looked at all the topics in site discussion and didn't find one like this.

I've been on DC for a year now, and I know what I'm doing by now. Not so much when I joined last year. When I was a noob, I didn't care about inbreeding or lineages. I thought, "They're dragons. Who cares if it's inbred?"

I had no idea what I was doing. I had no concept of "commons" or "rares". All I knew was "ooo, that egg pretty. Wants." Most of all, I thought, "Forum? Trading? I'll get my dragons by catching them the old fashioned way." May I just say HA!

I also sold my noob soul for messy dragons, just because I didn't have them. The majority of my ices and early tinsels reflect this.

Now, it's hard to believe I was ever that new.

Ditto~ I loved messy lineaged dragons back in the day and didn't care about Inbreeding. Now, i'm very picky about my dragons. Unless they're rare (ie: Gold or Tinsel) or Purple, they need to be CB or Even-Gen.

I also released one of my first CB dragons before renaming was available because I accidentally put the wrong name on her. I wish I had just waited. >_<;

Hah. I remember wanting to have a really long-lineaged dragon, but not a messy lineage xd.png

Now I need my CBs or close-gen. Or PBs.

-merging with an existing thread-

Oh, taking inbred dragons. That was my biggest newbie mistake, at least in my eyes. I soon came to the conclusion that I didn't like inbred dragons. To me, a clean lineage indicates thought and planning that went into it which I appreciate. So when I saw how many inbred dragons I had I probably released about...hmm thirty or so of the ones (over time) that I felt were inbred and not worth keeping. The only ones I kept were designated non breeders and were kept only for their bsa (pinks and reds). Again personal preference but that did put me back some in my breeding program for sure.

Er...dunno if it counts but I didn't catch Bright Pinks and Frills when they were still around.

Went on hiatuses to the point where my third DC birthday was yesterday and I don't even have 500 dragons yet. Working to get 500 by the end of this year.

Er...dunno if it counts but I didn't catch Bright Pinks and Frills when they were still around.

I did this as well!

I liked the Bright Pinks too. They were so common. I don't really remember Frills being common, but I wasn't around when they were discontinued either.

Agree with the above post. Back when I started looonggg time ago, I thought that Skywings are better than Frills because the egg design is pretty lol.

Boy did I ever regret that xd.png

I joined Febuary 2009, and made the mistake of not catching any CB Holidays until the Ribbon Dancers came out... I missed Val '09s, Pumpkins, Snow Angels, Sweetlings, and Marrows because I thought nothing important was happening on DC because of the holiday... >_< I also posted a suggestion in 'Dragon Requests' (I don't even remember what dragon I was trying to suggest) on, like, my second day on the forum. xd.png

On the first egg I adopted, I didn't know you were supposed to interact with it so I just left it on my scroll and it died. blink.gif

When I first joined, there were tons of frill eggs in the abandoned area. I never grabbed one because I figured "since they're so common, they'll never go away" blink.gif *facedesks repeatedly* D'oh!

On the first day I joined (Feb 19) I got 4 eggs and killed my 4th, a balloon egg cause I hated how it looked as an adult

I regret it now sad.gif and I'm going to make an extremely rare dragon in memory of it biggrin.gif

when i first started i was looking for eggs and i picked up a CB dino. (yellow) and i saw it wasn't a dragon, so i killed it not knowing it was a rare. (as an egg) and i was like "auuughhh! why did i kill it?!" i felt pretty gulity too xd.png

When I first started, I abandoned my balloon when it hatched because I thought it looked ugly. I wish I had it, just so that I could have every single one of my "first four" safe on my scroll. I wonder who got it...

Before the new pinks had always found the old ones either front page or in the abandoned page. As they were commonly found did not place any thought that they would likely be replaced.

I thought wrong and now regret not getting a few more before the change. Oh well, I got the two

Releasing way too many dragons, not catching cb bright pinks and frills when they were still around... and that's it.

Froze a CB Shadow Walker because it was my first holiday and I didn't realize what I could do with lineages. >.< So now I have three adult CB Shadow Walkers and this one little super-special frozen one...

I've complained about this before, and I'll complain again. I joined about 2 days before last Halloween, and only caught a single Cavern Lurker. Now I have so much I have to breed with Lurkers and only one to go around. D: