Achire

Newbie Mistakes

I had ample chances to get CB Blacks back in the day...of course, them being so common then, I assumed I'd always be able to get them. Same for Bright Pinks. Man am I ever kicking myself now. Also, letting my sitting alt Black grow up and not freezing him.

Taking a hiatus for a year. I missed the Trios completely. =(

Not paying attention to the lineages of the eggs I picked up on the AP. Now several of my rares have kind of messy lineages, especially my silvers, which sucks because I quite like my naming schemes for them.

Really, my only real mistake was not breeding my frill before they went away. sad.gif

Looking at pink hatchies on my scroll ..at the message "you think it's a girl, but you're not sure how to check"..and I was wondering how to check the gender....lol

Also I named them before they gendered, but luckily they all ended up having the right gender...

one of the pinks almost died because it didn't get enough views and I didn't know about ERs...but then someone told me to look on the forum for help....

can't think of more right now...lol

Not joining the forum until almost a year after I started playing tongue.gif

Also, missing trades because I had one too many eggs or hatchlings and was locked xd.png

You know, the first week you join the site, collect eggs, and come back a week later to find them dead. ._.

Locking myself with a cloud-thing that I thought was really rare, only to find out that it was a hidden Balloon egg.

Also, going on hiatus for 6 months. I missed the Christmas Drops and Leetle Trees.

When I was quite new I saw a pretty egg in the AP. I didn't know what it was, so I looked it up in the wiki - refreshing the AP from time to time to check it.

It was a gold. Like wow blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif. Rushed back - FIVE MINUTES AFTER IT HAD SHOWN UP IN THE FIRST PLACE - and it had stayed there every time I hard refreshed - to find it gone. I was very upset. So I went for view. Not only did I miss a gold I should have caught and THEN checked on - and I had had LOADS of time - but it was 2nd gen. sad.gif

Also not getting CB blacks when they were so common cos I thought they weren't very pretty compared with the others I was wild for.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I killed a Mint egg to try and zombify.

I joined the forum a few months after I joined the main site, but I always watched out for news.

And, STUPID ME! I only just joined Allure of Neglected Dragons. I've gotten at least ten dragons in the past month. AND I HAVE A CB ICE!!!

I don't know if this is dumb, but TJ probably is laughing at us...

I killed a Mint egg to try and zombify.

I joined the forum a few months after I joined the main site, but I always watched out for news.

And, STUPID ME! I only just joined Allure of Neglected Dragons. I've gotten at least ten dragons in the past month. AND I HAVE A CB ICE!!!

I don't know if this is dumb, but TJ probably is laughing at us...

I've gotten 50 more dragons in less than half a year when it took me almost a whole year just to get to 50 in the first place. tongue.gif

Thankfully, I knew the rarity of metallics before I found any, but I remember towards the beginning making a stupid goal of trying to get 1 of every dragon before getting more of any type.

So after getting a dragon, I moved on and stopped worrying about it, and missed out on a lot of stuff. xP

Clicking massively on a CB Gold. It said someone else nabbed it. Getting depressed, logging off for a week then coming back and seeing a dead CB Gold Egg... -Dies of Shame-

Lots of stories with CB golds X3

Well here's mine, when I first started I didn't know what hatcheries/click sites were and I thought you had to manually go around and ask people to click your eggs for them to hatch.

So I had a CB gold hatchling that was down to just a few hours left and I just couldn't have her die, so I froze her DX I still regret that...

Here she is: http://dragcave.net/lineage/MRAq

And the only use she has right now is to sit there and be a shiny "subtitle".

Edited by albinosilver

I didn't pick up several dozen cb blacks and metals while I could have done so in relative ease >_>

This would have to be mine, as well as not checking for inbreeding. But back then people paid very little attention to lineage...

I joined DC in march 2010, I think, and started collecting only eggs who are not green or blue. So I abandoned a frilled egg, which I caught. Just a few weeks later the frilled dragons weren't available anymore. >_<

Last year when I started playing i had no blacks on my scroll.I caught on from ap(long and inbred) and few mins after that I saw black in cave.In cave was about 70 people.And I didn't clicked on black,because I already had one on my scroll.Then few months later I found out how rare are cb blacks -.-

Edited by CyBeR

I'm still a bit of a newbie, although I'd like to think that the amount of time I've spent reading up on the wiki and the forums has made me reasonably sensible. Anyway, when I first joined, the cave was AP blocked literally *every time* I clicked it. So I didn't even know the cave existed for a few days. I grabbed some AP eggs, and looked at their lineage, and I was sad that they all already had a lineage, but I figured that the ones with no family tree must be some of the very firstest dragons in the game, so I had long since missed all of them.

My other mistake is thinking that all CB (once I'd worked out how to get them) commons have the same value. I offered a CB Albino in trade for a CB Black. Needless to say, I didn't get many offers.

The most major mistake I make is confusing the descriptions of eggs. Nebula eggs with Silvers and Electric eggs with Thunders are my most common.

I also once had my mouse button partially pressed down to be able to quickly grab an egg from the cave if it was rare. Ended up catching a common because of that.

I also had one instance of seeing a Gold egg and both clicking on it and refreshing the page with F5.

I strangely never had a newbie mistake. I knew a bit about DragCave 'cause a lot of my friends on another forum posted their eggs in their siggies. I grabbed a Purple egg before I knew about fansites, and strangely, it lived and grew up. I guess my forum friends were looking out for me. I joined a DragCave club on that forum shortly after, where I found out about fansites and this place. My only dead eggs have been from failed Neglected experiments.

But I did used to think CB Commons were worth more. I saw someone offering a Gold and I thought, OMGs, a Gold! and offered a CB Sun for it.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

My most major mistake was not using fansites. I knew about them, I just was stubborn and decided that I could grow all of my eggs myself. Well, only about 7 survived that, sadly not including my first Gold, a Holly, more golds, tons of silvers, and a Neglcted hatchling I picked up off of the AP. >.>

Another that still kills me is that I didn't grab CB Golds and Silvers, even though I saw them on a daily basis in the cave back then.

Back in July or August 2008, I made a relatively stupid mistake.

It was the first time that I decided to officially go cave-hunting for dragons that I didn't have. I had only been playing for a while, so I had a few common dragons. I wanted eggs that I didn't have. So, I clicked on some descriptions that looked unfamiliar. Then, I accidentally click on a Water egg by mistake. The Water dragon was one of my first dragons , and I was enraged that a dragon that I didn't need was holding my extra slot for five hours. So, I killed it.

Heh heh heh... Well I have one...

Three years ago when I first joined the site, I grabbed myself a purple egg. It was cracking nicely and well on its way to hatching soon.

So one day I come home and log onto DC, and my purple egg has died. But do I realize that?

No. I think it's hatched and that that's the eggshell it left behind. My friend Rachel thought so too, and we're both all like "OMG IT HATCHED... So where'd it go! Time to find it!"

It took us about a fifteen minutes of hopping around the site to figure out that the egg had died, not hatched. xd.png

Thank Arceus I never did anything stupid... at least I don't remember. xd.png I just happened to stumble upon this page when I was wandering around Serebiiforums, then got that idea that "Hey, maybe I'll create an account on a page I don't know anything about!"

And then, when all was done, I clicked on a purple egg on the front page, posted it on Serebiiforums, and the rest is history... :')

Umm..I made lots of mistakes in the beginning the primary one was to not learn the key words on dragon eggs I wanted and when i was a newbie I let a CB Silver go right by me without even attempting to catch it. To me that was definitely cringe worthy material. rolleyes.gif