Achire

Newbie Mistakes

I'm pretty new to the site and I was doing quite well with my dragons, no deaths, just happy adult dragons.

Today, I go to the AP and pick up an ER whiptail egg. So I post it to ERs, get it to hatch, etc. Then, it hits me that Christmas dragons are coming out and I say... "You know, I'll let someone else have this one now that it's not dying anymore. People love hatchies." I abandon it and.... it goes to the wilderness! blink.gif

While I get over my guilt for abandoning the poor thing, please share your stories of newbie mistakes. Mis-clicks, egg deaths, and whatever else. I bet I'm not the only one who has made silly dragon mistakes. wink.gif

When I first started,(a long time before I started the forum)I abandoned HEAPS of CB eggs,cuz I thought bred eggs were more valuable. ninja.gif

When I first started playing the game, I kept having every egg I got, die. I hadn't ever heard of fansites, and I didn't join the forum until later.

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise though. I met one of my online friends because (on a different forum) I said I was having trouble hatching my eggs and she PM'ed me to tell me about fansites.

I'm pretty new to Dragon Cave as well X3 Hm .-. Stupid things that I've done...

Well there's been multiple times when I was stalking the cave and I saw a rare I wanted but I accidentally hit refresh. Afterward I proceeded to click the no longer rare egg >.> Ended up with a common egg instead.

I also killed an egg thinking it would be fine but it turned out it took up an egg slot for a whole day and wouldn't be deleted for 2 weeks ;3; I've regretted it ever since.

*taps nose* Can't really think of any other newbie things X3

Caught a caveborn gold and abandoned it as a hatchie because I thought the fact that it was glowing meant it was sick.

Caught a caveborn gold and abandoned it as a hatchie because I thought the fact that it was glowing meant it was sick.

Ouch! And now it's on your wishlist. Well, I'm sure whoever got it was ecstatic.

@sapfirewolf - I actually joined because a friend in another forum had an egg in her signature. Unfortunately, her eggs kept on dying, but when I got into this game, I messaged her and told her how to make them survive. laugh.gif

Edited by Achire

testing out the kill button since i heard it could force eggs to hatch and not knowing how to get enough veiws to hatch eggs but thats about it. oh and not collecting bright pinks when i had the chance xd.png glad i got a few though

Edited by whitedragon313711

I had TONS of egg deaths. Back then, there weren't any fansites and the main source of views were other forums.

And I didn't participate much in the holiday season until '09 Christmas came along and I got my first set of holiday dragons; a set of pretty tri-colored Snow Angels.

Back when I first joined you could tell Alt Black dragons by the color of their eggs. My first breeding of grayxblack produced 4 eggs, two gray, two black. I compared the black eggs to each other and didn't see a difference so I figured they were common. If there was going to be an alt, then only one would be different since they're rare, right?

Nope, rare as the alts are, BOTH eggs were alt blacks. *facepalm* And I kept a gray, abandoning both of the blacks. *sniffle* My favorite sprite too, the little sitting hatchling. I've only ever gotten curled ones since.

When I first started playing, I did egg spam and I did not know how to get a lot of people to click the eggs so a few died. : P

I didn't pick up several dozen cb blacks and metals while I could have done so in relative ease >_>

I'm nowhere near new, but when I was twelve- back in '08- I knew nothing about fansites. Almost all my dragons died, including my first holidays, the Yulebecks. D= I finally raised three up to adulthood- two black dragons with messy lineages and an autumn seasonal.

First came around when the Vamps came out. And I freaked out that they were evil alien dragons going to eat my brand new dragons. So I only caught one. xd.png

One mistake I KEEP making is when stalking the AP, I ALWAYS mistake whites for silvers.

I think that the only newbie mistake I've done was last christmas, lol (no, I wasn't new to the site back then). I know that holiday dragons has a only-two-per-scroll limits, but still I tried to keep one of the yules Yodim got when I bred him and Kas'ji... xd.png

How I stupid of me... x'd

Me?

Killing eggs.

Neglecting my scroll for a year-and only having 1 adult.

I only killed a hatchling once. I was really new on the game and I tought that I really have a chance in getting a zombie even tough it wasn't Halloween. I ended up with a dead hatchling (with a beautyful lineage). mad.gif

When I started the "Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in:" got me a little nervous, so I posted the eggs on as many hatchery sites as I could - to make sure my eggs would hatch.

They all got soft shell.

It took me a bit to figure out if that was a good or a bad thing, then I fogged them real quick. In the end they all survived.

(I'm still making mistakes tongue.gif)

All the way back in October, when I was a leetle newbie, I killed two eggs and thought that it would save me space and 100% hatch them, because I misunderstood forcing, and I was stuck with the dead egg sprites for two weeks.

One of the egg's code was houR... Purple Ridgewing. The other one was a Water horse.

Mistakes... Killing a Horse hatchie by mistake ;-;

And freezing Chairo. Took me ages to get another Whiptail xd.png

Posting a question in Help, that was already answered in the FAQ's.

Cheeze yelled at me! laugh.gif

Using the kill option on a stone egg that would have hatched in a few hours if I'd left it alone. I tried to force the egg and it died instead. That's the one and only time I've ever attempted to force an egg.

Caught inbred and messy lineage eggs, firstly by not checking, then later on by not noticing inbreeding in two. Now I check them carefully.

Well... -scratches back of head-

Expecting the TOS to be a crazy long list of things, I never read it... so when I post a week after joining about having an unwanted vine hatchling on my mule account, I nearly got banned. Luckily TJ showed mercy on me and only burned the one account. But geez, I was nearly in tears when I was told I was reported and could expect to lose my scroll.

Other than that, I killed one egg, nearly lost my first batch to underviewing (though thankfully a kind user came by and told me about ERs before that happened), and I have a few heavily lineaged and inbred dragons.