rainpeltstar

Maplestory

Can you maybe explain to me what its about? ^.^

I always thought it was a down loadable version of gaiaonline, but never tried to download myself for fear of a virus/total addiction xd.png

Well, there are currently... 9 things you can be. 5 of them are professions (For a regular explorer) and 4 are like special characters, Aran (You are a legendary hero awakening to fight),

Evan (You're a farmer kid and you have a dream about a dragon and you are entrusted with one),

Dual Blade (You are a double agent as a Thief for a person who thinks she is the true leader of Kerning City), and the fresh new one

Resistance(You are a kid who is playing hide and seek with your friends and helps a kidnapped test subject escape. You can choose two versions of that profession, and basically they are fighting a Black Mage.)

The Maplestory world used to be different than what it looks like now. The cities were positioned differently and there is a six way crossroads in the middle instead of a hard dungeon. It's different because the Black Mage is currently messing up the whole island. And that's basically how the Resistance character was born, to resist. The 5 explorer jobs are Pirate, Thief, Warrior, Magician, and Bowman. But if you choose Evan your name is Evan no matter what name you pick, you're a boy (According to the NPCs'.), and you can train as a Magician.

For most classes the cap level is 200, but I think one's cap is 120.

-takes breath-

The bottom line: Exploring, battling, saving the world... Or at least Victoria Island.

Thanks a lot ^.^ Maplestory honestly sounds pretty interesting, I thought it was simply an online community with forums and mini games or something. This definitely reminds me of a final fantasy/fable game. It seems like a lot of time would be spent playing this that I probably wouldn't have though >.< Have you been playing for a while? I knew one girl that I met in these forums from 08 that played but never really heard anything about it after that.

Currently playing it and I'm on Broa, yaranaikaa. (Add me, if you want to) The Big Bang theory is somewhat getting me lost... somewhat.

So far I have a level 28 Pirate, not sure what level my Evan is, (Haven't been playing her for a while) and a level 27 Wild Hunter. And yes, I have been playing for a while. Names are Kanibi, Rainstarcat, and Dreyni.

Leveling is such a pain though...

Edited by rainpeltstar

Why's that? Too many people saying dumb things, too many people, other?

On a more... mature level. Let's just say to don't play on massively filled servers with young kids watching you. dry.gif

I love maplestory. I have a few chars. One is resistance, one is evan, one is explorer. Mage and battle mage. Don't be an evan they suck.

Great.

Never played it, but i'm gonna try soon...

whats so great about it...? huh.gif

You explore, fight, do quests, travel, the rest is up to you to find out.

Wait what. Sleepywood dungeon went poof? o_O

*hasn't been playing on the official servers for a while now*

I used to play. When there were only 2 worlds. Beta, something like that, and something else.

And then I went to private servers. Yeah.

Wait what. Sleepywood dungeon went poof? o_O

*hasn't been playing on the official servers for a while now*

Yeah, I think... There was this Big Bang thing.

Despite what I said before about my life revolving around it, I haven't played it much now...

i remember the game quite fondly.

i started playing it waaay back when there were only 4 classes: warrior, mage, theif, and bowman.

i liked it better back then.

getting past lvl 30 was an acomplishment.

hell, barely anywone tired to level, most people just hanged out with there friends on victoria somewhere.

those were the good days.

then my first account got hacked(good thing i had a backup)

my best friend disapeard(still remember her character name and im still trying to contact her somehow.)

so i quit for awhile(after a long time fo siting around do nothing anways).

rejoined(still way before pirate) for awhile, got all new friends, quit again later.

came back, relalized all my friends had changed and then quit again.

came back(around time of pirate) stayed until a awhile after pirate, quit yet again.(on a different world, used to play Skania)

joined and quit again .

rejoined yet again(aroudn tie of aran)

stayed until i got my aran high lvl(50 something, not really high lvl xd.png) and made some awesome friends, quit again.

came back for Evan, realized he sucked until way high lvl, got in touch with my awesome friends, eventually quit.

have yet to play again but it will probably lure my back.

although i do get on every once in awhile to see whats happening but havn't done that for months.

planning on playing again soon even though i know i will probably quit again.

i have a very difficult to explain relationship with this game.

but what i really want, is the good days back.

jsut 4 classes and my friends in Henesys, randomly freaking people out,having a good time, and using the F keys to make faces for no reason.

aw, skrew it, im getting back on it later today

i miss it to much D=

but eventualy, nexon will get my angry or ruin it somehow, and i will, inevitably, quit for like my 7th time.

hell, i probably missed some quits and joins in there.

but, i love the game to death even if it is an off an on thing.

im okay with the nicer part of the community and think the other part should die.

everytime i think of the game, i cant help but smile, and remember my best friend from the very begining.

Destinypie <3

god im just a big sap arnt i?

I had a friend...

Ever since the Big Bang and all that mojo everything is different now and everybody is either UBER LEVEL AND ITEMS, a Resistance character, or has a Cash shop item.

You explore, fight, do quests, travel, the rest is up to you to find out.

ooooh, thats sounds interesting! but my countrys not allowed to play...

I used to love this game, but I got bored of the grinding - no friends to play with, I guess. My main's a level... 42 cleric, I believe. Haven't played in forever though - I got my cleric before pirate came out >_> I'd play on an exp-boosted private server but I have no clue in life how to do it :U

ooooh, thats sounds interesting! but my countrys not allowed to play...

What state? I think pretty much all states are allowed to play.

What state? I think pretty much all states are allowed to play.

country, not state.