Khallayne

We want Forum Feedback!

When will the U.S presidential election topic be unlocked? It's been a few days and I think most people can manage to debate calmly now.

I just wanted to say thanks to the moding team for ending enforced necroing. smile.gif

Uh they did? Better late than never.

And, like Nine, I would like to know when the U.S. presidential election topic will be unlocked. In 2020?

Edited by SullenCat

idk, but i don't really like how you can't tell if a person is online or not. maybe i'm looking at the wrong things, but eh

and more bbcode functionality would be nice. with like alternate titles with images and spoiler tags and such.

the 100x100 pixel limit on profile pictures is kind of annoying, but i don't like how it automatically resizes images to fit that. if you see over at mine it's actually slightly squished because of this. just a pet peeve lmao

however, i do like the subtitles on the threads, sometimes they can be hilarious. i do like the censor kipz thing as well, nice little touch. and the amount of emoticons you can choose from when posting.

Edited by petewentztheemogod

idk, but i don't really like how you can't tell if a person is online or not. maybe i'm looking at the wrong things, but eh

and more bbcode functionality would be nice. with like alternate titles with images and spoiler tags and such.

the 100x100 pixel limit on profile pictures is kind of annoying, but i don't like how it automatically resizes images to fit that. if you see over at mine it's actually slightly squished because of this. just a pet peeve lmao

You can see who is OK with admitting to being on line on the forum front page at the bottom. If there were an indicator under names, I would go with do not show when I am on line. I would hate it to show up against avatar or anything.

I LIKE the limit on avvie size. In forums where you can have massive ones - threads become ugly and hard to read.

You can see who is OK with admitting to being on line on the forum front page at the bottom. If there were an indicator under names, I would go with do not show when I am on line. I would hate it to show up against avatar or anything.

I LIKE the limit on avvie size. In forums where you can have massive ones - threads become ugly and hard to read.

okay yeah i was lookin at the wrong things lmao

and with the avvie thing, i didn't mean like the size limit itself (believe it or not i have to reword that) i meant what it does to the pictures mostly. if the limit just kept the image how it was but just scaled it down i wouldn't have a problem with it.

When will the U.S presidential election topic be unlocked? It's been a few days and I think most people can manage to debate calmly now.

I don't know, people are rioting in the streets, doesn't sound very calm to me. :/

I'm not sure what you mean on 'squishing' the avatars', but I've been using a forum based one for a good while now. Yours looks fine to me.

Edited by DragonLady86

Weird suggestion I'm not sure I really support, but what about having two threads about the election results? A yay thread and a boo thread, designed not as places to debate but to get support from like-minded people.

if you resize it first and then specify the size of your image, it won't squish. e.g. with mine, i sized it down to 100x84, then specified the dimensions in the avatar settings, and it didn't squish.

Edited by ab613

Weird suggestion I'm not sure I really support, but what about having two threads about the election results? A yay thread and a boo thread, designed not as places to debate but to get support from like-minded people.

Part of the point was to debate, though. What's the point of a thread with everyone saying Great. I agree. Just what I wanted ? It may as well stay closed if that's what happens.

I'm wondering the same, actually. Because I really want to discuss and see other people's reaction - meaning people who actually know what's going on in the US. Over here, news is rather sparse.

Of course, technically, the election is over - but according to Sock's closing post, we may not create new threads for that particular discussion, either. sad.gif

I'm wondering the same, actually. Because I really want to discuss and see other people's reaction - meaning people who actually know what's going on in the US. Over here, news is rather sparse.

Of course, technically, the election is over - but according to Sock's closing post, we may not create new threads for that particular discussion, either. sad.gif

I don't know that I actually want to post; we are having a rather saner discussion on another forum I'm on - but it is a bit hard - on principle - to say we can't even discuss it. It feels a bit like censorship.

And the thread is sliding down the GD page; maybe people are hoping it will slide to page 2 and vanish.

Censorship, or the mods just needing a break? I think it's okay for them to say they can't mod a certain issue.

Then some other mod can do that thread... OK apparently there wasn't one available then - but that can't be the case for ever. To say we cannot even start a new one... Yes the mod in question clearly needed a break - but still.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I don't know, people are rioting in the streets, doesn't sound very calm to me. :/

Excuse me. Many people are PROTESTING, not "rioting", I was one of them today and I plan on continuing. I'm quite calm but I will not shut up. Not when the popular vote was won by Clinton, not when the FBI influenced the election, doing worse than J. Edgar Hoover did. I can debate in a forum notwithstanding the peaceful protesting I'm engaged on, outside of here.

Sadly, some people are rioting. A small minority, but they are. Which is a very sad thing.

Sadly, some people are rioting. A small minority, but they are. Which is a very sad thing.

Yes, some do but, as you said, a small minority. Unfortunately they get the attention, while the protesting, non-violent majority, gets none. I'm with Michelle: "when they go low, we go high". That applies to Trump and his supporters. That applies to that small minority rioting, instead of peacefully protesting. Actually, I wonder... do those two groups intersect?

Probably. But we are way off topic; all this is really about is -please could that thread be reopened and if not, when do we get to start another ?

Probably. But we are way off topic; all this is really about  is  -please could that thread be reopened and if not, when do we get to start another ?

You're right. May I add my plea to re-open the thread? There's nothing stopping mods from checking (and steering) it quite often.

Edited by SullenCat

So the fact that it hasn't already been reopened makes me think #2 might still be an issue.

Edited by diaveborn

Which is sad - but shouldn't mean everyone is deprived of the opportunity to discuss something that is so important to so many of us. Disclaimer - I don't even want to discuss it any more; I have other outlets where things are going along nicely without flaming or anything - but many do.

So the fact that it hasn't already been reopened makes me think #2 is still an issue.

I suspect that that is exactly it. Given how bad it was apparently (I'm depressed enough without reading that kind of thread) getting before it was closed, it would probably really need constant supervision to keep things civil. If nothing else, a blow up could start quickly and get nasty very fast. If the only mods that have authority in that section are not up for it, it's better to just keep it shut.

So, what are you saying exactly in regards to moderation of the topic?

Basically I'm just saying that IMNVHO the thread should be reopened, given that many people seem to want it, and left to run unless a real flame war starts up. There are at least two other mods who monitor GD.