Khallayne

We want Forum Feedback!

I'm sorry if it already came up, but it's irritating.

When I want to log in to the forum (I'm not talking about the welcoming page, but the actual login page) the upper half of the screen is still filled with the huge-letters board rules, important topics, edit profile (???) and other links that are absolutely reasonable to be pointed out for a newbie, but not when I have an account for years and I just want to come back after whiping the cookies from the computer. These links take up a lot of screen space and I have to scroll down to reach the actual login boxes (forum name, password, "login" button) . I know it isn't a big problem, but a rather annoying one sad.gif

Until you log in, the site doesn't know who you are. Thus, you are considered new until you identify yourself.

It would be good if the login link was at the top though - I feel for Darth Krande - every time I have to log in again the distance one has to scroll annoys...

I think if somene is trying to log in you can give the benefit of believing in their maturity. If they're newbies indeed, they will still get to see the links before and afterwards.

I hope.

Please can we have a separate subforum for changes to EXISTING BSAs.

The BSA section is full of frivolity and so on, and the really important things drown among it all. This has been requested before, but nothing happened and some things that aren't even changes to BSAs as such end up in there - and as many of us don't have the time or the energy to trawl through sandwiches and pranks to find them, they never get the attention they need. These are suggestions that would improve the actual GAME, and need to be seen.

And - they aren't.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Please can we have a separate subforum for changes to EXISTING BSAs.

The BSA section is full of frivolity and so on, and the really important things drown among it all. This has been requested before, but nothing happened and some things that aren't even changes to BSAs as such end up in there - and as many of us don't have the time or the energy to trawl through sandwiches and pranks to find them, they never get the attention they need. These are suggestions that would improve the actual GAME, and need to be seen.

And - they aren't.

Some kind of action is long overdue, but I'd rather see "changes to existing BSAs" fall under the main S/R board than being stuffed into any sub-forum.

Either one would be a big help, actually.

Some kind of action is long overdue, but I'd rather see "changes to existing BSAs" fall under the main S/R board than being stuffed into any sub-forum.

So would I but I have just had a suggestions thread closed when I tried to get support for notifications of trade activity on our scrolls.

And since I cannot see that as a change to teleport (as it doesn't change a THING, just keeps us informed) I though this might be my best hope.

Anything that keeps BSA suggestions that are actually game-changing rather than just fun things, under which they vanish, somewhere they will actually get attention would help.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Please split the BSA sub-forum into two:

- Game affecting BSAs (like Incubate, Influence, Stun....)

- Fluff BSAs (Splash and the 100+ other fluff suggestions)

This has been asked for many times. The problem with the BSA sub-forum is that the instant a thread goes there, it dies. I strongly believe its because 90% of the threads there have zero affect on game-play, but they shove the useful BSAs off the first page far too quickly.

Either that, or put any game-affecting thread in Suggestions, and any "cosmetic" or fluff thread into its own sub-forum so those who like those can go there.

Lastly, actually having a few of those BSAs turn up might help revive interest in them....

Cheers!

C4.

And PLEASE don't bury requests to change how trading works under BSAs just because magis have the teleport action. Sure they have it - but when we ask if we can - for instance - accept part of a trade, or offer the same egg on more than one trade, in the hope that someone will accept before the egg hatches sad.gif it isn't in the magis' power to deal with that - it 's NOT a change to teleport as such. That kind of ask is NOT a BSA ask, but every time it comes up in suggestions the burial crew comes along, and....

Oh yes - and I see my last ask - notification of trade activity on scroll - was actually CLOSED. That is SO not a BSA change sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

And PLEASE don't bury requests to change how trading works under BSAs just because magis have the teleport action. Sure they have it - but when we ask if we can - for instance - accept part of a trade, or offer the same egg on more than one trade, in the hope that someone will accept before the egg hatches sad.gif it isn't in the magis' power to deal with that - it 's NOT a change to teleport as such. That kind of ask is NOT a BSA ask, but every time it comes up in suggestions the burial crew comes along, and....

Oh yes - and I see my last ask - notification of trade activity on scroll - was actually CLOSED. That is SO not a BSA change sad.gif

No its not, and its also a very USEFUL thing!

Cheers!

C4.

This post isn't much for the cave, but more towards the Forums. I've been noticing that certain dragons on the dragon request page aren't getting much attention (example: songbird mimickers, wax dragons, Mythological-Inspired Dragons) to name a few. Other dragons however, get nothing but attention (like saltstone, dove pygmies, etc.) to name a few.

It is kind of a huge pain for the people who requested these dragons thinking it is a good idea for a dragon and get literally no where with these dragons because some of us can't draw or sprite for nothing. I'm wondering if there is a way to get people to help the lesser dragons get some attention

Since we don't assign people to dragon concepts, not really. However, if someone wants help for their idea they can always ask someone. In particular asking one or more of the in-cave sprite artists for help is an option.

Not all OPs want help either. They may prefer their concept doesn't get a lot of traffic while they work offline.

If the OPs for any of the concepts you mentioned want some crit they can always ask me and I'll take a look.

Since we don't assign people to dragon concepts, not really. However, if someone wants help for their idea they can always ask someone. In particular asking one or more of the in-cave sprite artists for help is an option.

Not all OPs want help either. They may prefer their concept doesn't get a lot of traffic while they work offline.

If the OPs for any of the concepts you mentioned want some crit they can always ask me and I'll take a look.

I realize some OPs don't want help, but for me, I have two different dragons, one that is getting closer to completion, the other is no where near completion and I only have a rough sprite and at least two drawings. I can say the oldest one I started was in literally 2012 and I literally hated the fact people would come in and say, 'oh, these are pretty I would love to horde these' then offer no other critique or input. I had to grind the subtitle to get people to help me. I fear my other dragons are going down the same way. Someone came in and said, you, you need to fix a grammer mistake and left. I gritted my teeth on that. Like seriously? you got my hopes up just for a stupid spelling mistake!

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

I realize some OPs don't want help, but for me, I have two different dragons, one that is getting closer to completion, the other is no where near completion and I only have a rough sprite and at least two drawings. I can say the oldest one I started was in literally 2012 and I literally hated the fact people would come in and say, 'oh, these are pretty I would love to horde these' then offer no other critique or input. I had to grind the subtitle to get people to help me. I fear my other dragons are going down the same way. Someone came in and said, you, you need to fix a grammer mistake and left. I gritted my teeth on that. Like seriously? you got my hopes up just for a stupid spelling mistake!

It wasn't me - but spelling DOES matter.

I tend not to comment because one is supposed to say sensible things about anatomy and so on - and I simply haven't the skill to say anything useful. I know a lot of others who feel the same.

I'm going to echo Fiona a bit on this one. You cannot force someone to take interest in a project or to volunteer their time and effort for your benefit, and unfortunately dragon requests are not entitled to a certain level of community involvement simply by virtue of existing. Not everyone who reads your request is going to get excited about it and not everyone who gets excited about it is going to be able to help with it. For some, proofreading genuinely is the most they can offer.

If you want more help, reach out to people individually for their assistance or advice rather than posting about it here where they're unlikely to see it. Some people you ask may still say no - we're all volunteers, after all, with our own lives and obligations - but your odds of getting the help you seek improve greatly when you make the attempt.

I'm going to echo Fiona a bit on this one. You cannot force someone to take interest in a project or to volunteer their time and effort for your benefit, and unfortunately dragon requests are not entitled to a certain level of community involvement simply by virtue of existing. Not everyone who reads your request is going to get excited about it and not everyone who gets excited about it is going to be able to help with it. For some, proofreading genuinely is the most they can offer.

If you want more help, reach out to people individually for their assistance or advice rather than posting about it here where they're unlikely to see it. Some people you ask may still say no - we're all volunteers, after all, with our own lives and obligations - but your odds of getting the help you seek improve greatly when you make the attempt.

alright, I'll let the issue drop then

I hope that we get changes to that soon. An email notification would also help, but I rarely check my dragcave email anymore so...

A notification on the scroll otself would be incredibly helpful. I wish there was a way to seperate the BSA-related improvements from the new BSA suggestions; that way it wouldn't be buried under things like the Cheese Sandwich BSA or the one the teal pygmies can do.

Yes indeed, please quit moving threads that are not about changes to a BSA into the BSA subforum. Until that subforum is split into 'fun BSA's' and actual 'useful BSA's' it's not even worth trying to suggest anything even resembling a BSA.

Just because something is in relation to a BSA does NOT mean it needs to be in the BSA subforum.

Yes indeed, please quit moving threads that are not about changes to a BSA into the BSA subforum. Until that subforum is split into 'fun BSA's' and actual 'useful BSA's' it's not even worth trying to suggest anything even resembling a BSA.

Just because something is in relation to a BSA does NOT mean it needs to be in the BSA subforum.

Agreed. Most of the stuff suggested there is simply inane, either totally useless or OP or not thought out properly. And those BSAs that are actually useful, balanced, fit the breed and have the conceptor's approval - well, they don't get released anyway. (Heal, Guard, anti-Incubate, hatchling-Incubate, multi-fog, fog-allowing-teleport, Shroud...)

OK - we have been asked to bring the issue over here from news so - the new forum skin is very decorative and pretty and all - but impossible for many of us to use because of the contrast and the brightness.

TJ has said the other skins (which many of us are having to use so that we can READ !) will be retired in the end. Can we PLEASE have a facility as is available on every other forum I am on with no updating needed, to view the forum in a vanilla plain skin something like this: user posted image

user posted image

It wouldn't need special designing or anything; as I understand it (asked another forum owner and she said this) you just set something in the code to say "basic skin" and whatever is there is just shown that way if the option is selected. Otherwise I, with 70year old eyes, and others far worse off than I am (retinitis pigmentosa has been mentioned and glaucoma would be a nightmare) will have to use no style - which is a nightmare to read.

Either that or we'd have to install Stylish (or whatever the according extension is called for your browser, if there is one) and find a different stylesheet somewhere on the web for this old forum - or even create one ourselves.

I don't think that's exactly desired.

As for the new theme issue, the only thing I would like is continued support for old red and spring themes instead of retiring them. Everything else is okay!

More important, to keep the blue, then. Least THEME to it, and it's very simple. smile.gif

Primary thing that matters to me is the brightness. I can NOT deal with that glaring white monstrosity. Nor does the Cave background need to be on the forum; the contrasting bright side - dark side is actually PAINFUL to my light sensitive eyes. The glare is so awful that I just can NOT deal with the new layout.

Solution: leave the old forum skins available or create a new basic grayscale version with no background image.