Khallayne

We want Forum Feedback!

I don't think it's just guests, but also anonymous forum users who have got their scroll name hidden. So keeping out "guests" won't achieve anything.

I deeply hate the New TAE/LAE eggs are already getting taken by unknown users and are of course not leaving anything, this was why in the old thread I used TWO-WAY teleports so somebody would have to offer a dummy egg and offer something for the thread. I wish guest were not allowed to see gifting threads. I would use one-ways if guest could not see it .-.

Whoever did the rules really should reconsider them.

yeah really. I never liked two-ways, because sometimes it was offering a hatchie and my egg slots were full, but I always used PM transports and I never got more than two messages, but people always took what I offered. It might as well just be the departures board right now.

I don't think it's just guests, but also anonymous forum users who have got their scroll name hidden. So keeping out "guests" won't achieve anything.

And just regular unhidden users too, probably. There's no way to stop them either, like you can't just say that "I saw user x on here and they didn't leave an egg! They're stealing!" because they could have been just looking to see if there's anything they needed

Edited by Oasis

I thought the departures thread let you specify what you did or did not want to happen to your gift.

yeah, but now people are saying that's against the forum rules or something, so really, what to do with the 'meaningful' gifts you'd like to share without worry someone will trash it?

yeah, but now people are saying that's against the forum rules or something, so really, what to do with the 'meaningful' gifts you'd like to share without worry someone will trash it?

I guess if this ends up becoming a permanent site rule, then making an off-site forum somewhere else just for gifting?

Off-site means DC forum rules don't apply and your threads won't be closed. xd.png Proboards would be ideal since those forums are free, and you can make them invisible to anybody who isn't registered (so there would be no stalking guests).

Edited by Beldarius

I guess if this ends up becoming a permanent site rule, then making an off-site forum somewhere else just for gifting?

Off-site means DC forum rules don't apply and your threads won't be closed. xd.png Proboards would be ideal since those forums are free, and you can make them invisible to anybody who isn't registered (so there would be no stalking guests).

seems like it would be a lot of work

Still don't like the rules for the tae lae. Honestly there should at least be a mention of "If you take an egg you must leave one" to guilt trip people into being responsible.

in other news: I posted an egg in departures and no one took it for like 10 minutes so I put it in "tae" and somebody took it within one second.

didn't leave one, of course. lol I like how this font size makes it invisible. nice touch

Edited by Oasis

I don't know anything about forum rules that stop you from asking how to treat your gift. I think people were talking about the rules of the game.

Though my interpretation was not "stipulations are against the rules of the game", but rather "there is no rule in the game saying that the person claiming your egg must obey your stipulations"...

On any thread, you always have to be aware that once the egg has left your scroll, people can theoretically do whatever they want with it. They should be aware that it's incredibly rude to take a gift just to kill it off, and it's perfectly fine if you put them on your personal blacklist for it and never gift or trade with them again. But technically, stipulations on gifts mean that you nicely ask for the egg to be treated in a certain way, not more and not less.

I deeply hate the New TAE/LAE eggs are already getting taken by unknown users and are of course not leaving anything, this was why in the old thread I used TWO-WAY teleports so somebody would have to offer a dummy egg and offer something for the thread. If not two-way then PMs would do. I wish guest were not allowed to see gifting threads. I would use one-ways if guest could not see it .-. Totally forgot about the forum users hiding scrolls, thanks for reminding me Olympe tongue.gif

Whoever did the rules really should reconsider them.

I hide my scroll, because i'm just sick and tired of being viewbombed!

Dont have my scroll name hidden tho, and i've always, always left a Message or something Nice back for the TELE thread!

I do agree its not the Same as it was, but then again most the eggs i posted in the old thread where mostly taken without a word also.

So, great news. A potluck trading thread isn't going to be allowed. Any suggestions?

So, great news. A potluck trading thread isn't going to be allowed. Any suggestions?

what does that mean?

but yeah tae lae definitely isn't working the way it needs to. I don't really mind since I just wanted them off my scroll anyway, but I just left 3 eggs and they all got taken without a word

Edited by Oasis

Well, I was asking for something akin to the old TAE LAE, but in the shape of a trading thread as to allow for the use of two-way teleports. Which, on a whim, was supposed to be called "Dragon Cave Potluck Trading".

So, to sum up the situation: A real TAE LAE is not coming back, and there's no way anything remotely like it is going to be allowed.

Well, I was asking for something akin to the old TAE LAE, but in the shape of a trading thread as to allow for the use of two-way teleports. Which, on a whim, was supposed to be called "Dragon Cave Potluck Trading".

So, to sum up the situation: A real TAE LAE is not coming back, and there's no way anything remotely like it is going to be allowed.

That seems silly. How did the old TAE LAE last as long as it did, then?

Because there is something called TAE LAE already - even if it isn't remotely the same as it used to be.

How did the old TAE LAE last as long as it did, then?

it only got bad in the last 6 months. it worked before because people were more polite and had a sense of responsibility. eggs were still stolen, but not as much, and when they were people usually weren't called out for it. calling people out was really bad because it would lead to personal attacks on the person. I guess they might be afraid of it getting bad again, as well

Edited by Oasis

What about a Potluck/version of TAE LAE that used only one way transfers via PM? It seems like two way trades are the things really bothering the DC mods.

Wouldn't work. The problem is that the mods would see either a gifting thread or a trading thread like that as a duplicate. For gifting, there's already TAE LAE. For trading - use the existing trading threads and ask for "nice things".

Yes, I do have that on excellent authority.

Edited by olympe

Is the TAE LAE that bad that there has to be a new thread? There are several available right now. Pick one and use it or glomp gift if you're so inclined. Or just stick a note in your profile/signature that you breed or gift eggs upon request with "blah blah blah" stipulations. Then people can PM you.

But the suggestions of closing off the forum to unregistered users or the removal of hidden scrolls are a bit overactive in my opinion. Why shouldn't users who aren't on the forum get to enjoy the same opportunities? The eggs and hatchies aren't some secret thing. Sections like the artist section or the suggestions thread have a legitimate reason for showing as hidden from unregistered users or those without access. Also, hiding scrolls is usually a privacy thing, not something that is done to spite people who want to gift dragons. For example, my scroll name and my forum name are different, but I had to hide my scroll name and turn off aid because I was getting unwanted views on my eggs.

Many of you are sad about the closing of TAE LAE because the entire forum community had to experience the repercussions of not following the thread rules, but you are also (whether unwittingly or not) setting up new repercussions for users who don't follow your rules or rules in new threads or preemptively labeling people as thieves. This kind of exclusionary discussion is probably what is preventing any new gifting threads from being made.

Edited by Jazeki

Seems like the only way would be to set up a forum separate from here and advertise it as a "fansite".

Seems like the only way would be to set up a forum separate from here and advertise it as a "fansite".

I worry about getting it publicity though, is the thing. With tae lae and the departure board users can see it on the front of the forum, and go there. With a different website, they'd have to be reminded to go there

I think the only way it could be pulled off is if we figured out how to make it function as a click site too

Edited by Oasis

I worry about getting it publicity though, is the thing. With tae lae and the departure board users can see it on the front of the forum, and go there. With a different website, they'd have to be reminded to go there

I think the only way it could be pulled off is if we figured out how to make it function as a click site too

It could get advertised the same as other fansites: set up a thread in the fansite forum, have banners players can put in their sigs, and whatever else is possible. The only way to see if it will succeed is to try it out.

It could get advertised the same as other fansites: set up a thread in the fansite forum, have banners players can put in their sigs, and whatever else is possible. The only way to see if it will succeed is to try it out.

yeah I know, but honestly, I have never used a fansite outside of click sites. I feel like that would be the general reaction of everybody on here if we did that

Looks like it, yes.

@Jazeki: Yes, it is that bad. I rarely do the first (but look at signatures and/or trading posts with wishes), already have something in my signature - without stipulations! - and rarely get any PMs about it. And whoever said I wanted a new gifting thread?

Sure, I like to gift. But I also like to get something nice occasionally. And the trading threads are pretty much dead - unless you offer 2nd/3rd gen prizes (either for bloodswaps or multiple CB metals, mostly golds) or CB metals in the hope of getting a 2nd/3rd gen prize, rare lines from 2014 preferred. At least there's still a chance of getting a bloodswap on some EG lineages.

Edited by olympe

@Olympe- I meant a general "you." There are at least three pages of this thread on TAE LAE alone and suggestions of replacement threads/ a revamped thread sprinkled throughout, so someone wants one. Or they may just want another trading thread that just so happens to have "gift" somewhere in the title.

You aren't alone in wanting nice things and you aren't alone in getting slim to no requests, but a new thread probably isn't going to be a solution to the problems with trading and gifting on the DC forums.

I have to say I would LOVE to see a new thread discussing how best to do TAE LAE.

This more general thread seems gently derailed....

Take an Egg Leave an Egg was extremely popular. Within maybe less than two weeks or three, it had nearly 90 pages of replies while the 'new' one has three in what... one, two days? Im not sure why they brought it 'back' the way they did. It just seems like the AP! Either they return it to how it should be or just get rid of it. Theres no need for an AP on the forums!

Also, look at page two! It says that people will not necessarily leave something. Umm... im sorry. I thought this was Take an Egg Leave an Egg. Not Take An Egg, Leave Something if you Want to!

Hey look at this! On page one where its showing the Magi Breeders/Catchers it says to PM them to TRADE for a Magi. I thought this was a gifting thread! There are NO trades! If you have a problem with another user, please work it out in private with them.

It says that leaving something requires no conversation. Okay so this will be an anti-social, thief-infested, trade-gifting thread! Real nice! There was conversation all the time in the actual TAELAE. It made it happier there!

Anyone else think there are a LOT of flaws in the thread? Why not bring it back to the way it used to be?! To the way it SHOULD be?!

EDIT- Maybe discuss the matter here

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

This is not funny any more.

In order to avoid further cluttering this Forum Feedback thread, the TAE LAE discussion was moved to its own thread. Which was closed by TJ.

This section is not for general "discussion" threads, it is for suggestions. If you have specific requests for how you'd like to see things changed, please open a thread for that.

Great. I opened a new thread asking for ideas of what to suggest, putting into the first post what wouldn't be possible at the moment, as far as I was aware. The new thread got closed by Sockpuppet_Strangler.

This thread is exactly the same as the old TAE feedback thread except that you've outlined guidelines that suggestions need to follow.

A specific request would be like "move TAE to the games forum".

So, not specific enough. Riiiight. I started a new thread with a very, very specific suggestion. There's only one change that's really needed, after all. So, "Allow two-way teleports on TAE LAE" was born - and closed rather quickly by _Z_.

Please pm the OP or thread mods if you want to add/change rules of a members topic.

Seriously, could you please finally stop to give us the run-around? It's getting old pretty quickly.

Besides, the thread mods of TAE LAE are operating the only way they're allowed to at the moment, so this is outside their power anyway. I'm trying to get you mods to rethink your stance, but the only thing you appear to be interested in is to quell discussion ASAP.

And, to make things quite clear: I've had had PM exchanges with several mods in the past few days about it - including TJ, rubyshoes and _Z_ - all of them pretty much doing the same thing as the closing threads, telling me to try something else. Just what else will finally get a result (save closed threads and warns)?

I'm annoyed. I'm feeling played. I'm frustrated because I'm being given the "idiot tour" where everyone points in a different direction. Could you (mods and TJ) please clean up your act and give one statement that really counts instead of playing me for dumb?