Khallayne

We want Forum Feedback!

I feel as if everyone can be a request mod because everyone already critques. I am going to have to say no sense we have enough already, they're just called members instead of mods.

Also, I think the current mods are doing a great job at looking through the completed requests.

But there are literally hundreds of completed requests! And besides, we need more dedicated people. Not saying anyone here is lazy, just that we need more people that would devote a little extra time to the requests.

But there are literally hundreds of completed requests! And besides, we need more dedicated people. Not saying anyone here is lazy, just that we need more people that would devote a little extra time to the requests.

I still don't think there needs to be people dedicated strictly for this. For one, TJ has been good about checking in one recently completed dragons. Another thing is I don't think that they would be doing anything a regular user wouldn't already be doing. Critique? Well, nothing is stopping anyone from giving critique to any thread, completed or otherwise, you don't need a special designation for that.

Edited by Nectaris

Clearly I worded my post wrong like I do with everything else because I'm terrible at wording, but I never said I had my doubts in TJ. For the coder of the site, someone also busy in RL, and overall a pretty important person, he's doing a good job. But even then, he's just one person. Even with real mods, there are a lot of dragon requests out there. When I said "critque", I meant to say they can do stuff like tell people what's wrong with there dragon, if there was anything wrong, and if it's good to go they can tell a mod and they can approve it. They're like helpers, so to speak.

Oooooor, we could just have a thread where people sign up to help the mods, like the mentoring program: where it's not official, but efficient enough.

And guys, this is just a suggestion, not something where I would go on a killing spree if it didn't happen.

Clearly I worded my post wrong like I do with everything else because I'm terrible at wording, but I never said I had my doubts in TJ. For the coder of the site, someone also busy in RL, and overall a pretty important person, he's doing a good job. But even then, he's just one person. Even with real mods, there are a lot of dragon requests out there. When I said "critque", I meant to say they can do stuff like tell people what's wrong with there dragon, if there was anything wrong, and if it's good to go they can tell a mod and they can approve it. They're like helpers, so to speak.

Oooooor, we could just have a thread where people sign up to help the mods, like the mentoring program: where it's not official, but efficient enough.

And guys, this is just a suggestion, not something where I would go on a killing spree if it didn't happen.

But the problem is, is that realistically it would just be the same critique anyone else could give them. ONLY TJ can say what is and isn't a dragon worthy of release, I have seen him release things I wouldn't have touched with a ten foot pole, and then not release ones I would have released in a heartbeat.

What I mean is this, our standards are not, and never will be TJ's standards, so basically anything anyone says about something "not being cave standard" is quite frankly personal opinion. Making an official position makes your personal opinion sound official, when quite frankly it isn't. And no amount of disclaimers will make them not take your word as official.

Edited by Nectaris

I still don't think there needs to be people dedicated strictly for this. For one, TJ has been good about checking in one recently completed dragons. Another thing is I don't think that they would be doing anything a regular user wouldn't already be doing. Critique? Well, nothing is stopping anyone from giving critique to any thread, completed or otherwise, you don't need a special designation for that.

I agree. The Suggestions sections are great because it's really a way for users to get involved in their gaming experience. If we need more mods, that's one thing, but I really don't even know how we would work out "request non-mods".

Psycho Cat - from what I'm getting from what you're wanting, no one but TJ can do that anyway. What dragons are chosen are completely up to him. The mods and I can help out on crit, just like other users, but just because we think a dragon is awesome and should be in cave...well that means nothing. It just means we like the dragon. Even being a mod for as long as I have, I still can't peg what TJ will and won't choose to add to the cave.

Also we don't only want to have dragons that the mods like.... We all have our preferences...

When I said "critque", I meant to say they can do stuff like tell people what's wrong with there dragon, if there was anything wrong, and if it's good to go they can tell a mod and they can approve it. They're like helpers, so to speak.

Except mods basically *already* do this. From what I've seen in the Dragon Request sub-forum, mods post (*just like regular users do*) to give critique and feedback about what may and may not work.... And don't forget, a topic has to be *approved* by a mod just to *be* in that section in the first place. So really, if the dragon-request is there, a mod has *already* looked at it and seen potential. Mods also (to my knowledge) are the ones responsible for moving "done" requests into the "Completed" sub-forum, thereby "approving" it as you say.

So what you are saying here is already being done. But mods and spriters have lives just like everyone else, so yes there will be a *lot* of Dragon Request threads in-progress.

If what you *mean* is "approve it to go into the cave", well like Sock said, NO mod has that power. That's entirely up to TJ.

OK SO - there was a suggestion, a while ago now, for making it possible to offer the same egg/hatchie on more than one trade at once, and also for having the option to accept only part of a trade or offer. It started as a suggestion (by me) and was moved to BSAs, as it was seen as a modification of teleport, which is of course a BSA.

It has considerable support - but under BSAs is not seeing much discussion.

How can one bring this suggestion to the notice of more members so that it gets the attention it deserves - it is something we could REALLY use. There are few things more frustrating than getting a three egg offer you can't accept from someone without a forum presence that you know of, or waiting two days for word on a trade which is then rejected and you miss the other three trades you would have gone for sooner of you had known you were to be rejected...

Where can we discuss changes to BSAs rather than in the BSA sub-forum - which most people really only go to to look for NEW BSA suggestions ? Isn't suggestions an OK place to ask for changes to something that already exists ?

I very much agree with what Fuzz said above.

The BSA suggestion forum is seen by most people, including me, as a place for suggesting new BSA's, not for modifying existing ones like teleport. The thread she is talking about and several others have virtually died since being moved there. I think these issues deserve the more lively discussion that usually happens in the main Suggestion forum.

I very much agree with what Fuzz said above.

The BSA suggestion forum is seen by most people, including me, as a place for suggesting new BSA's, not for modifying existing ones like teleport. The thread she is talking about and several others have virtually died since being moved there. I think these issues deserve the more lively discussion that usually happens in the main Suggestion forum.

And I very much agree with purplehaze's agreement with fuzzy.

Personally, I don't usually even go to look at the BSA sub-forum, almost never even think of it.

But I do tend to check out Suggestions - and the same is true of apparently rather a lot of others.

We have our little hang-out zones we wander through...

Fuzzy's suggestion was rated as highly important and beneficial by many people, but if the thread isn't in an area we usually go, we may only think of it during trades, while wishing that we had this in effect.

That perception only exists, though, because that's what the section started off as.

If it becomes the only place to discuss BSA-related suggestions, I doubt people will continue to think of it as only for new BSAs.

But as long as no-one goes there to look for this kind of thing, no-one will ever see it differently. And they won't. I'd put money on that.

It's under Suggestions > BSAs. Any average person will see that subforum as a suggestion for a BSA.

OK then - would you consider my suggestion ANYWAY ? Please ?

But as long as no-one goes there to look for this kind of thing, no-one will ever see it differently. And they won't. I'd put money on that.

It's under Suggestions > BSAs. Any average person will see that subforum as a suggestion for a BSA.

OK then - would you consider my suggestion ANYWAY ? Please ?

Pretty please?

With flying pancakes on top?

Pretty please?

With flying pancakes on top?

.. and maple syrup ? The REAL stuff ?

(I could have had that gold eggy.... sad.gif the owner SAID I could have had - if I hadn't been waiting to hear on another eggy)

That perception only exists, though, because that's what the section started off as.

If it becomes the only place to discuss BSA-related suggestions, I doubt people will continue to think of it as only for new BSAs.

But the thing is, as Fuzz has already said, if people don't go there -- and they won't if they aren't interested in reading new BSA suggestions -- then they will never get a chance to form that new perception!

Well, never mind! It seems to have been moved back?

Edited by purplehaze

I usually don't go to BSA subforum due to the nature of it - I am not very fond of many of the new proposed BSAs, why should I go there to search for changes to existant BSAs which might be there once in a while? It would be a major hassle.

Another annoying thing about suggestions is the Dragon Requests Subforum. I don't go there, like ever, and still it makes me believe the more interesting, sometimes important stuff of suggestions got updated.

I actually never understood that forums-structure, and with the update on BSA topics, I not only dislike it, but actively hate it. It makes me participate in a lot less stuff than previously, which is a shame (but positive for my warnings level biggrin.gif)

But the thing is, as Fuzz has already said, if people don't go there -- and they won't if they aren't interested in reading new BSA suggestions -- then they will never get a chance to form that new perception!

Well, never mind! It seems to have been moved back?

And wub.gifthank you wub.gif, whoever did that biggrin.gif

I take that back - it has gone back to BSA sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

I feel that closing the prize dragon news thread after merely 3 days is a bit premature. There are people who are still checking their mails, have not been on, can only be on at weekends, etc...

I feel that closing the prize dragon news thread after merely 3 days is a bit premature. There are people who are still checking their mails, have not been on, can only be on at weekends, etc...

Ditto that -- if someone found out they were a winner today, they might want to go onto the Prize news thread to announce it, to celebrate, or just to read what other winners were doing, look for advice, etc.

I think that the "Random Scroll Help" thread was a good idea and that it should be allowed to operate at least until it poses a problem.

For so long we had the LiT thread and it was useful to many. I don't see this as much different, though it has a broader scope. Having a place for people to go so they aren't opening new threads in Help or SD for things like this seems like a good idea. If the mods want to govern what can be asked or asked for, that seems more reasonable than disallowing a centralized place for this type of assistance or queries.

I think that the "Random Scroll Help" thread was a good idea and that it should be allowed to operate at least until it poses a problem.

For so long we had the LiT thread and it was useful to many. I don't see this as much different, though it has a broader scope. Having a place for people to go so they aren't opening new threads in Help or SD for things like this seems like a good idea. If the mods want to govern what can be asked or asked for, that seems more reasonable than disallowing a centralized place for this type of assistance or queries.

agreed. Having one thread makes far more sense than having a new pop up every couple of days like is currently happening in Help.

It appears to be closed while Mods discuss, so it looks like there is some hope it will reopen.

diaveborn did an excellent job in presenting the purposes for the thread, and I hope it does become available. I like her nickname for the thread too, "tiny little assistance" and as long as nothing is carved in stone about guaranteeing the return of eggs, or contact with those who may not want to be contacted, I do not see any reason to prohibit the thread. It is a good equivalent to the LiT thread based on the current state of the Cave.

It appears to be closed while Mods discuss, so it looks like there is some hope it will reopen.

diaveborn did an excellent job in presenting the purposes for the thread, and I hope it does become available. I like her nickname for the thread too, "tiny little assistance" and as long as nothing is carved in stone about guaranteeing the return of eggs, or contact with those who may not want to be contacted, I do not see any reason to prohibit the thread. It is a good equivalent to the LiT thread based on the current state of the Cave.

I posted after it was closed for mods to discuss. I wanted to express my support for the thread in the hope that that would help the mods to see a users point of view, and that that would help them to decide favorably.

...but under BSAs [subforum] is not seeing much discussion...

I'll also add that I find it very bizarre that the only subforum which is visible without logging in is the Merchandise Designs one. If suggestions in general are visible to everyone, why aren't the subforum'd suggestions visible as well? I realize you can't post if you're not logged in, but if someone has a spare minute to look at posts, they might decide to come back and post later when they have another spare moment to log in, even if they don't have time to go through all the threads first.

I'll also add that I find it very bizarre that the only subforum which is visible without logging in is the Merchandise Designs one. If suggestions in general are visible to everyone, why aren't the subforum'd suggestions visible as well? I realize you can't post if you're not logged in, but if someone has a spare minute to look at posts, they might decide to come back and post later when they have another spare moment to log in, even if they don't have time to go through all the threads first.

I believe that dragon requests and the completed section was to minimize art theft. I have no clue why the BSA section would be included in that though.