Khallayne

We want Forum Feedback!

Just thought of another thing. This is a minor complaint but something that frustrates me daily all the same.

Why is the location field on the mini profile panel black when the rest of the information is grey? Would it be possible to change this for the sake of consistency? Make the location field grey and add a space after the colon so it doesn't appear like:this but like: this. Like I said, minor complaint, but the inconsistency bothers me a little. 

Edited by StormWizard212

Another thing is I miss is the little "Stats" on the old forums. Who had the most posts today, who has the most posts overall, who visited what last, etc. I can't find that anywhere, if it's already on here somewhere... I just like looking at them for fun. Lol. And I know I can search for some of that info, but... It's just not the same.

I suspect that is an invision thing....

(And I can't honestly say I care ;) )

1 hour ago, StormWizard212 said:

Just thought of another thing. This is a minor complaint but something that frustrates me daily all the same.

59a88919c2cb5_ScreenShot2017-09-01at8_07_42am.png.c3e1a4ec2a3d4a9173229a20a3d22abb.png

Why is the location field on the mini profile panel black when the rest of the information is grey? Would it be possible to change this for the sake of consistency? Make the location field grey and add a space after the colon so it doesn't appear like:this but like: this. Like I said, minor complaint, but the inconsistency bothers me a little. 

I'm more bothered by the location seemingly lacking a space after the colon, but the other below-the-avatar stats having that space =P

3 hours ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

I would like to see Tiny Little Questions pinned to the top of the Help section.

I think pinned threads tend to get ignored more easily in my experience. I would prefer to see it featured (putting a green star next to the topic title but not listing it before every other topic).

27 minutes ago, Dew said:

I think pinned threads tend to get ignored more easily in my experience. I would prefer to see it featured (putting a green star next to the topic title but not listing it before every other topic).

I wouldn't know personally, because most of the pinned topics aren't of any interest to me to begin with. I just couldn't find it earlier today without looking really hard, haha. It got lost. And most questions that are posted in new threads could have been easily just asked in there. Either way, some sort of indication that it's an important topic would help tremendously.

PieMaster, I'm bothered by both the colour and the lack of space after the colon. :P I'd like both to be fixed, if at all possible. Since it doesn't really make sense to edit one and not the other while at it, you know?

And Dew, having the thread featured would work as well. I'd be happy for either that or a pinned topic. Either option would make it more noticeable, I think!

It'd be nice if the box to edit your profile info in settings weren't so short. Going through it three lines at a time is pretty painful.

3 hours ago, Commander Wymsy said:

It'd be nice if the box to edit your profile info in settings weren't so short. Going through it three lines at a time is pretty painful.

There should be an icon in the lower right-hand corner with three lines on it that, if you drag, you can use to increase the size of the box o3o

Wow. Thanks, Pie :)

Now if we could only have that for the lunatic inbox....

Man, I didn't even notice that thing. Thanks. I hate tiny elements on light coloured themes for this reason.

On 8/29/2017 at 6:48 AM, bluesonic1 said:

Which brings me to the main point I wanted to make regarding topic "info posts"- I highly doubt TJ will ever allow the first post to contain important information during release. It's been a prevailing theme through the years that TJ is not a fan of spoilers, something very old players will remember why the wiki was made in the first place, and is even to this day something the wiki can come under fire for. While it's not as strictly moderated as it used to be, this theme continues in the form of people having to figure it out themselves, whether this is gathering info posts on the release thread or gathering the info on the wiki. The question I guess then falls to the people wanting to maintain this information on the thread itself versus what the moderators believe is an appropriate level of re-posting; perhaps this is something the moderators could address? Put a guideline per say, like "every 5 pages gets a repost" or something akin. It can't all fall to moderators maintaining an info post (especially considering this may not be something they're allowed to do depending on TJ) and it can't all fall to a single user who battles to get a post on the first page. Having the info post on the first page also kinda raises another question- what about those concerned about spoilers? Some people genuinely want to figure it out on their own, and that's fair enough.

Sorry, just now noticed this issue and using bluesonic1's post for my response. I remember discussing this earlier and I also remember mods being on board (myself included) with a second post after the first announcement post that we could keep updated. If members don't want to read it, we can always tag it with "spoilers" so members have to highlight it for info.

If TJ is unwilling to have a second post that mods maintain, I'm all for the "every 5 pages repost information" idea. Every page is too frequent, especially as released information about species tends to take up large posts. 

If a mod managed to get a post on to the first page, they can then maintain one themselves. I have to do that on another forum I'm on when we have - stuff that needs that - I start a thread, then I reserve the second two posts for MY stuff.

Failing that - a mod could start their own "spoiler"  thread and lock it to anyone but mods - and keep us informed there. It really is all very silly otherwise. There are often things we NEED to know - and those who don't want to look don't have to. Not least actual glitches.

Edited by fuzzbucket
typos

I really like the second post idea marked as spoiler so that only people who want the information can access it. Though I suppose if people came to remember that there was a bump every 5 pages, they'd be able to look for it and find the information quite easily. It might be worthwhile having a line at the top of that post that's the same every release so people can easily find it. If that makes sense. Just with a quick ctrl+f on the last few pages until it's found. 

Well, the forums have a handy "Spoiler" code on them now. Maybe place different sections in different spoilers. Ex ~ If I only wanted to know X thing but not Y thing, I'd look at the Spoiler with X thing, but not the Spoiler with Y...

On 9/1/2017 at 1:43 PM, Commander Wymsy said:

Man, I didn't even notice that thing. Thanks. I hate tiny elements on light coloured themes for this reason.

The UI for dragging is provided by your OS/browser, not the forums ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 9/1/2017 at 2:15 PM, purpledragonclaw said:

Sorry, just now noticed this issue and using bluesonic1's post for my response. I remember discussing this earlier and I also remember mods being on board (myself included) with a second post after the first announcement post that we could keep updated. If members don't want to read it, we can always tag it with "spoilers" so members have to highlight it for info.

If TJ is unwilling to have a second post that mods maintain, I'm all for the "every 5 pages repost information" idea. Every page is too frequent, especially as released information about species tends to take up large posts. 

One new feature of the forums is the ability to feature content at the top of threads. I don't know if it's turned on, and it might not be useful for release threads since then it'd be above the announcement. Probably useful elsewhere.

People can do with their posts whatever they want; I actually don't think there's a need  for mods to go out of their wait to maintain some "official" thing. People will just have to manage to grab the second post (it seems wrong for mods to go and co-opt posts from people who actually posted high up) and make sure to respect that there are a fair number of people who don't want spoilers.

On 8/31/2017 at 3:09 PM, StormWizard212 said:

59a88919c2cb5_ScreenShot2017-09-01at8_07_42am.png.c3e1a4ec2a3d4a9173229a20a3d22abb.png

This should now be fixed.

4 hours ago, TJ09 said:

One new feature of the forums is the ability to feature content at the top of threads. I don't know if it's turned on, and it might not be useful for release threads since then it'd be above the announcement. Probably useful elsewhere.

People can do with their posts whatever they want; I actually don't think there's a need  for mods to go out of their wait to maintain some "official" thing. People will just have to manage to grab the second post (it seems wrong for mods to go and co-opt posts from people who actually posted high up) and make sure to respect that there are a fair number of people who don't want spoilers.

Well, in this case - why not make a "reserve post" for all that info - and then put the actual release information on top? (You know, if Invision gives you lemons...)

11 hours ago, olympe said:

Well, in this case - why not make a "reserve post" for all that info - and then put the actual release information on top? (You know, if Invision gives you lemons...)

The news section of the site specifically pulls its content from the first post, so that would be a bit awkward.

On 6.9.2017 at 11:29 PM, TJ09 said:

The news section of the site specifically pulls its content from the first post, so that would be a bit awkward.

Ah, didn't think of that. Then again, you could always re-programm the site to take its news from the content of the top-of-thread post.

On the other hand, I could live with the spoilers being hidden in spoilers in a top-of-thread post, too. Would be a bit strange at first, but better than the non-system we have now.

It is nothing significant of course, but I noticed to be slightly discontent with the current way a forum avatar is displayed in case of smaller images and sprites. I don't think the picture ever differed in size on the old forums, but now, there seem to be at least four different sizes. This causes small images to look odd when upsized, and sprites, which are often also small in addition, tend to lose their clean appearance. Therefore, I was wondering whether any changes to the way forum avatars are displayed are possible, for instance by at least keeping images which are smaller than the predetermined size in their original state. 

Edited by xDragonia

Apologies if this was addressed, but my search abilities could not find it.

I find it quite annoying that when you click on a link in a post (say a transfer link) it opens in the same window, instead of opening in a new tab/window like it used to. Is it made intentionally? Any chance of reverting it?

Thanks!

Use  middle click as a work around.

17 minutes ago, Naughtrish said:

Apologies if this was addressed, but my search abilities could not find it.

I find it quite annoying that when you click on a link in a post (say a transfer link) it opens in the same window, instead of opening in a new tab/window like it used to. Is it made intentionally? Any chance of reverting it?

Thanks!

I'm with you. Middle-clicking on my mouse is not a good option for me, even if I did change my habits which seems to be difficult for me. My mouse tends to be so hard to click the middle button that it rolls instead and therefore I am not on the link I wanted by the time it registers the click!

And yes, I know I can just  right click and click on open in new tab, but that extra step is annoying even if I should happen to remember that it is now necessary before clicking.

Please, if it is in the realm of your power @TJ09, revert this to the way it was!

Edited by purplehaze