mirielowm

The Lord of the Rings

"The Hobbit" movie (part one) is growing on me. At first I was a little disappointed in some of the embellishments to the original story. But now I see the two, the book and the movie, as linked, but not exactly the same. I no longer expect the movies to faithfully recreate the books.

I see what you mean about Jackson not explaining the Eagles. Some people will not have read the books, so won't know, so Jackson should have made it more clear.

poptartFINALTINY.gif

Oh yeah after I read the book I realize a lot was changed but that was expected so considering that in the hands of someone less capable it could have been really bad, I'm really happy for Peter Jackson. And they had to incorporate whole other plots too so I guess they had to make a few changes here and there. But Peter Jackson's a Tolkien fan so at least we know that he'll stay true to the story at the end of the day. smile.gif

And I don't know if it's just me but I really liked that Peter Jackson added more emotion to the story? The books don't really concentrate on the character's emotions as much whereas the movie had certain themes that revolved around home and letting go etc.

Lord of the Rings is THE BEST SERIES (bookwise and moviewise) EVER!!!

not much more I can say, besides that it is awesome laugh.gif Me and my siblings will sometimes randomly quote from the movies, particularly the whole po-tay-toes thing with Sam and Gollum.

Anyway, I love it! biggrin.gif

I adore LOTR, and have all three movies on disc. I have read about half the book, but stopped when it got rather boring. I was surprised and amazed to find that they filmed the movies right here in New Zealand!

I love the LOTR movie trilogy, it's a wonderful adaptation of the books, which are awesome and give us even more lore and character moments.

I love this trilogy + The Hobbit! Thanks to Legolas I have developed a celebrity crush on Orlando Bloom. wub.gif

I really liked The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit Trilogy. ^^ Legolas is my favorite in The LotR Trilogy while Thranduil is my favorite in The Hobbit Trilogy. This is such a cliché, but it is how it is.