TJ09

2010-12-18 - Christmas Event Info

Woo hoo! It's Christmas time!

I already bred Christmas Dragons. My dragons bred four Yulebucks, but only one Snow Angel. But still it's good.

Can't wait to see the new one Christmas Dragon ^,^ <33.

"Moar events"... Moar Christmas events, or other events?

fingerscrossedforaNewYearsDragon

YES PLZ.

A New Year's dragon would be so cool.

Just bred my Yule and got 4 eggs. All going to the AP. c:

If you incubate two of them you'll have two slots open for the new eggs. And if you're worried about the others hatching, just fog them until you have your new eggs.

I incubated all four of mine but they are also all fogged too. I caught them a few hours after the breeding started so they'll hopefully be hatching in another 14 hours or so. Would I be able to get the '10 dragons just by keeping them fogged? I don't really understand your explanation.

An egg that has died of sickness does  NOT take up an egg slot  biggrin.gif

but the broken shell will stick around for 2 weeks

only killed /bitten eggs count against you for 24 hours

'Moar events

Future information forthcoming. Stay tuned for surprises.'

Oooh! sounds like teleport is coming soon <3 (I hope)

Oh sweet, cheers :]

Although, it isn't letting me pick up another Snowangel, I guess it counts as my 2nd untill the shell's gone.

Oh well, teach me to be more careful next time

So, to stay on topic, UPDATES YEH.

' Moar events

Future information forthcoming. Stay tuned for surprises.'

ooh! Teleport coming soon?! (I hope, lol <3 )

I incubated all four of mine but they are also all fogged too. I caught them a few hours after the breeding started so they'll hopefully be hatching in another 14 hours or so. Would I be able to get the '10 dragons just by keeping them fogged? I don't really understand your explanation.

If you have 3 hatchies and one egg, you can pick up Christmas dragon eggs, so you want to keep one fogged and, assuming your scroll is otherwise clear, fog one egg.

I don't know if you realize that fogged eggs cannot pick up Views or hatch?

They DO take up spaces though.

Were yours all fogged because of sickness?

Generally, whatever the Christmas dragons are, I know they'll be awesome - they always have been, at any rate.

And I'm hoping surprises include Leetle Trees for those who missed out, and not a time-consuming collection thing many will perforce have to miss out on because of having to waste Christmas-time with family, friends, dinners, etc. ... xd.png

Oh sweet, cheers :]

Although, it isn't letting me pick up another Snowangel, I guess it counts as my 2nd untill the shell's gone.

Oh well, teach me to be more careful next time

I'd try picking up another egg after a day. It might not register as an egg slot taken anymore, but I seem to remember something about it still registering as a holiday egg on your scroll for a day after it dies. I might be wrong though.

I hope it's not something time consuming too. Although, I have a feeling that TJ realizes that people have to spend time with family around the holidays. Leetle trees coming back would be great. owo

If you have 3 hatchies and one egg, you can pick up Christmas dragon eggs, so you want to keep one fogged and, assuming your scroll is otherwise clear, fog one egg.

I don't know if you realize that fogged eggs cannot pick up Views or hatch?

They DO take up spaces though.

Were yours all fogged because of sickness?

Generally, whatever the Christmas dragons are, I know they'll be awesome - they always have been, at any rate.

And I'm hoping surprises include Leetle Trees for those who missed out, and not a time-consuming collection thing many will perforce have to miss out on because of having to waste Christmas-time with family, friends, dinners, etc. ... xd.png

All four of them got sick so I fogged them all. I'm soon going to start unfogging.

So, if I understand this right: if I want to get two '10 eggs this year, I will have to keep two of my current eggs(I only have the four eggs) fogged and unfog the other two. Those two unfogged eggs will hatch, and when they do I can get two '10 eggs?

Well Said! I cant wait to c the new Christmas dragons they are always awesome! Hope though that it wont be a HUGE traffic jam like it was for Halloween. smile.gif

...Lucky you.

Only one Holly would satisfy me totally. But I saw none today, not yet.

Ditto!

Congrats to all who've managed to get a Holly!

I may not have a Holly, but I do have a leetle tree! Suck that, LIFE!

*sits in the emo corner* I want a Holly so badly D=

All four of them got sick so I fogged them all. I'm soon going to start unfogging.

So, if I understand this right: if I want to get two '10 eggs this year, I will have to keep two of my current eggs(I only have the four eggs) fogged and unfog the other two. Those two unfogged eggs will hatch, and when they do I can get two '10 eggs?

Unless you have hatchies elsewhere than at the top of your scroll, you appear to be clear.

Let 3 eggs hatch, leaving one fogged egg, and you're ok to pick up 2 new Holiday eggs with a space left over, without wasting any more hatching time/space than necessary.

That way, 3 grow up, 3 hatch, and you have room for 3 or 4 more eggs.

Very true, Mustangs44, TJ understands about family time at Christmas.

And he could very well be coming out with something entirely unexpected - he does like to try new things, within reason, so ... I'm polishing my speculators, lol, they see a lot of use.

I tried to influence both my Christmas eggs just now, but neither of them showed up on the list. Is that a glitch or on purpose?

I tried to influence both my Christmas eggs just now, but neither of them showed up on the list. Is that a glitch or on purpose?

Yules are always males, and Snow Angels are always females. They can't be influenced.

Unless you have hatchies elsewhere than at the top of your scroll, you appear to be clear.

Let 3 eggs hatch, leaving one fogged egg, and you're ok to pick up 2 new Holiday eggs with a space left over, without wasting any more hatching time/space than necessary.

That way, 3 grow up, 3 hatch, and you have room for 3 or 4 more eggs.

Very true, Mustangs44, TJ understands about family time at Christmas.

And he could very well be coming out with something entirely unexpected - he does like to try new things, within reason, so ... I'm polishing my speculators, lol, they see a lot of use.

I only have those four eggs, nothing else(besides adults).

And I get you now. I'll probably fog the egg with the most views(since that one will be most likely to hatch) and give your suggestion a try happy.gif Thanks.

I'm probably not going to try to get Hollies this year. Hopefully by next year I'll have some rares that I can try and trade for a Holly.

I got lucky!!

Didn't realize how lucky until I did a little math, though. If there were only 109 to begin with (and one went to the wilderness) that means there couldn't have been more than 540 after the Christmas 2008 breeding season (and that's only if every one was bred and every one had 4 eggs). If the same (hugely improbable) thing happened during the 2009 breeding season, there would still be only 2700 Hollies available for breeding this year...

Edited by Strick

I got lucky!!

Didn't realize how lucky until I did a little math, though.  If there were only 109 to begin with (and one went to the wilderness) that means there couldn't have been more than 540 after the Christmas 2008 breeding season (and that's only if every one was bred and every one had 4 eggs).  If the same (hugely improbable) thing happened during the 2009 breeding season, there would still be only 2700 Hollies available for breeding this year...

Your math is more generous than mine, which didn't remove the wilderness Holly from the calculations. I did the calcs yesterday, based on the total number of Hollies and came up with 2190 possible eggs, if everyone bred the maximum four eggs. At least one of the dragons is reported to be in the wild, so that removes another 4 from last years totals, and another 20 from this years totals, making the maximum possible number of Holly eggs available this year - 2166!

Congratulations to everyone who has received Hollies this year! smile.gif

My calculations from yesterday ~

According to the Dragon Cave Wiki, http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Holly_Dragon "Before the 2009 winter event TJ09 confirmed that there were only 109 Holly Dragons in existence, with one of them in the Wilderness. "  If every ONE of those dragons had 4 eggs last year, that's an additional 436 dragons, assuming they all grew up, or 545 total.  If every one of those dragons drops 4 eggs this year, that's 2190 possible eggs total for how many players? blink.gif

Hollies will continue being very rare, and for all those of us who hope to have at least one sometime, Good Hunting!

I got lucky!!

Didn't realize how lucky until I did a little math, though.  If there were only 109 to begin with (and one went to the wilderness) that means there couldn't have been more than 540 after the Christmas 2008 breeding season (and that's only if every one was bred and every one had 4 eggs).  If the same (hugely improbable) thing happened during the 2009 breeding season, there would still be only 2700 Hollies available for breeding this year...

The increase in Holly population doesn't seem to me to be likely anywhere near the potential hoped for, when it was thought that high success rates were a possibility and that new eggs would be able to breed this year if reaching adulthood in time.

A lot of people apparently had no luck whatsoever breeding Hollies this year, while others produced only one or two eggs, and some people likely have quit playing and may not breed theirs at all.

This is why some Holly owners prefer to gift eggs directly to people who not only are proven capable of raising eggs, but who are unlikely to quit the game, leaving a future source of Hollies to lie fallow forever - and also likely to produce nice lineages so that that particular line continues to be useful for breeding Hollies and common lines that people will be happy to get and can then joyously produce such Hollies and lines in turn, ad infinitum.

Some of these people may be total or relative strangers.

But to many, lineages do matter, and a messy one reduces the potential and value of the babies produced forever.

Just saying so that people who don't care about lineages can understand why something so 'silly' makes a difference, and so that people can understand why Holly gifting is often not based on 'who you know' but what you're likely to do in regard to increasing the Holly population - or not - over time.

On another note: TJ specifically stated 'surprises' in his post, and TJ is a stickler for accuracy.

Since we're already expecting such additions/alterations as Teleport and scroll expansions, I suspect that they wouldn't qualify as 'surprises'.

Also, a plural term was used.

I'm thinking we'd better hang onto our socks, (stockings?) because they may be in danger of being knocked off this year.

On another note: TJ specifically stated 'surprises' in his post, and TJ is a stickler for accuracy.

Since we're already expecting such additions/alterations as Teleport and scroll expansions, I suspect that they wouldn't qualify as 'surprises'.

Also, a plural term was used.

I'm thinking we'd better hang onto our socks, (stockings?) because they may be in danger of being knocked off this year.

We've had Easter baskets, and Halloween treats. Maybe we'll be getting Chritsmas stockings with goodies in them?

Good grief, I now have six Dorkface Cheers waiting to drop into the AP. blink.gif

My first ever four-egg breeding! biggrin.gif