TJ09

2010-12-18 - Christmas Event Info

at least i SAW two hollies, so I know now they aren't just a DC myth :-((

but getting one? impossible.. seems my connection is just two slow to get the rarer types.. .. i am frustrated :-(.. neither gold, nor silver, nor paper, nor thunderstorm,nor dinos.....

i really feel like whining all over the forum ;-)

well i hope teleport will solve some of this for me ;-)

OMG I just got one! Thank you to Luna-Canie for dropping them!! You just totally made my day today. smile.gif

Saw the eggs too, but couldn't catch one. Congrats iluvmychis wink.gif And thanks nonetheless to whoever was dropping them.

I haven't seen any Holly's so far, but I got two Snow Angel eggs and one Candy Cane so I'm happy.

As a question - my apologies if it has been asked and answered before; I checked the thread only now and don't feel like reading 37 pages >_< - does the two dragons per scroll apply to the up coming new Christmas dragons as well?

Clarification would be much appreciated. smile.gif

I haven't seen any Holly's so far, but I got two Snow Angel eggs and one Candy Cane so I'm happy.

As a question - my apologies if it has been asked and answered before; I checked the thread only now and don't feel like reading 37 pages >_< - does the two dragons per scroll apply to the up coming new Christmas dragons as well?

Clarification would be much appreciated. smile.gif

yes it pertains to the new one two

yes it pertains to the new one two

Thank you very much for the answer. smile.gif

Though, why is that the case for Christmas when it wasn't for Halloween? (If anyone knows...)

*sigh* My super sexy awesome Holly bred four eggs this morning. Yay!

My gift got intercepted, boo!

The interceptor ended up getting two of my eggs that I abandoned, either that person has some EPICALLY L33T catching skillz, or that is super not cool bro.

Oh well, I'll probably end up just gifting the Holly I kept to the giftee who missed.

Happy Holidays biggrin.gif

wow 4 congrats but sorry you were sniped sad.gif

glad to see some are still breeding I was thinking to give up hope

*back to the AP*

I have like, 00.01 chances of getting a holly, but hey, I have MSpaint. user posted image

Made the fake holly egg myself.

Anyways, I managed to get a yule and a snow, and an Ice. So i'm good for now.

Thank you very much for the answer. smile.gif

Though, why is that the case for Christmas when it wasn't for Halloween? (If anyone knows...)

Because halloween ismo about getting as much as possible for yourself, while Christmas is in the mood of giving. The limit allows more people to get them, you see. ^^

Hm, I managed to get 2 Yulebucks and 2 Snow Angels eggs, but I realized I'll be locked when this year's Christmas egg comes around. D:

I guess I will give up that year - no holly caught at all.

I just can hope to get at least one of the new christmas dragons.

Hm, I managed to get 2 Yulebucks and 2 Snow Angels eggs, but I realized I'll be locked when this year's Christmas egg comes around. D:

If you incubate two of them you'll have two slots open for the new eggs. And if you're worried about the others hatching, just fog them until you have your new eggs.

Sorry if this isn't right but...

Can we influence the holiday eggs?

Because I tried and I couldn't.

I don't know if it's normal or if there's sth wrong.

Anyway this is my first Christmas at DC and I'm really really happy! laugh.gif

Looks like I got a bit too happy over mine, one of my snow angels has died from sickness over night..

Thats the first time its ever happened to me, I really didn't know it took so little ]:

So that brings me to 2 yulebucks, and 1 snowangel..

How long does it take for a dead egg to not take up one of your egg slots?

Susanleath - You should be able to influence Hollies, because they can be either gender, but Yulebucks are ALWAYS male and Angelwings are ALWAYS female. Those ones can't be influenced.

Susanleath - You should be able to influence Hollies, because they can be either gender, but Yulebucks are ALWAYS male and Angelwings are ALWAYS female. Those ones can't be influenced.

Thanks smile.gif

If you incubate two of them you'll have two slots open for the new eggs. And if you're worried about the others hatching, just fog them until you have your new eggs.

I .... uh ... xd.png that's totally right.

I kept thinking even if incubate them all, they won't all grow up in time. Didn't think to only incubate 2 to free up slots unsure.gif . Thanks!

Didn't think to only incubate 2 to free up slots unsure.gif . Thanks!

You're very welcome.

I wish I could catch me some hollys, so I had to worry aboutr being unlocked before christmas. But as it seems it is imposible to get one.

Looks like I got a bit too happy over mine, one of my snow angels has died from sickness over night..

Thats the first time its ever happened to me, I really didn't know it took so little ]:

So that brings me to 2 yulebucks, and 1 snowangel..

How long does it take for a dead egg to not take up one of your egg slots?

An egg that has died of sickness does NOT take up an egg slot biggrin.gif

but the broken shell will stick around for 2 weeks

only killed /bitten eggs count against you for 24 hours

Let's put an end once and for all to speculation about what will be happening over the next week(s):

Event Eggs

A new event dragon will become available starting around midnight December 25. Egg drops will continue for three days until midnight December 28 (Defined as the second after December 27 23:59:59 EST).

Breeding

2007–2009 holiday dragons will be able to breed more holiday eggs for seven days from December 21–28 (Starting and ending at midnight, see the definition above). New holiday eggs that are bred during this time and that and reach adulthood before Dec. 28 will not be able to breed at all until after Dec. 28.

Moar events

Future information forthcoming. Stay tuned for surprises.

Limits

Remember that the 2-per-breed total is still in effect for all Christmas holiday dragons. If you are already at this limit, then any new eggs will be autoabandoned after 30 minutes.

And now that all that lovely ambiguity is gone (hopefully), time to get excited.

Back on topic. smile.gif