ksew

Stephen King

Stephen King is one of my favourite authors! it's not only the horror and the thrill that I love in his books, but also the deep knowledge of human psychology.

and what do you think?

I've only read "The Green Mile" so far. But I loved it to bits!

And my friend's currently trying to persuade me to read the "Dark Tower" series. Though I already know how it ends, thanks to my mother, so...

I seem to enjoy his shorter stories than his more regular-sized novels... But his really long ones are good too. The Stand, Insomnia, etc.

Oh man. The Green Mile had me in tears every time I picked it up. Ugh. Talk about heart-twisting.

Lul Stephen King.

And my friend's currently trying to persuade me to read the "Dark Tower" series. Though I already know how it ends, thanks to my mother, so...

Read it anyway. The journey is more amazing than the destination.

Read it anyway. The journey is more amazing than the destination.

Oh, I was planning to. ^^

I'm sure it's amazing.

Fun story- Anyone read The Moving Finger? One of his short stories...

I read it when I was leetle and easily frightened of things... I finish reading it, open my closet to change into my PJs, and one of those pool noodles was shoved awkwardly in there....

It hit me in the face, I pretty much fell over and squealed. x3 I was paranoid for the rest of the night.

Fun story- Anyone read The Moving Finger? One of his short stories...

SO CREEPY. Tap tap tap tap.

The one with the fungi was creepy too.

I read some book that contained thirteen short stories by him or so and I enjoyed them, but his longer stories just don't draw me in. I'm not sure why, either. X:

I enjoy his earlier work: classics like The Shining, Carrie, Christine, Cujo, etc... Misery is totally a favorite of mine =p

Some of his later work tends to be ehhhh at times. From a Buick 8 was great, and The Cell started out strong but I was getting bored towards the end. I kind of got that way with the Dark Tower series too. Still a great author to read, and he knows his way around contemporary horror.

I've never read any of his books, but I've seen movies based off of some of them.

I've seen Carrie, that one with the car, and some other one I can't remember anything about.

I tried reading "Under the Dome," but it was just so gory.

I can talk about the first forty pages with anyone, but then . . .

I personally loved Pet Semetary and Cujo. first one had ghosts/zombies (or hatever they are) and the second one a rabid dog. What else could you want? biggrin.gif

I like Stephen King. I read 'Graveyard Shift' and 'Pet Semetary' and loved both of them- for different reasons. 'Trucks' was so scary to me, along with the short story 'Graveyard Shift'; people got crushed by possessed trucks and eaten by a horde of evil rats... It was like a Lovecraft story! ;__;

I love Stephen King. I haven't read nearly as much of him as I'd like, but I plan on changing that. Letsee...I've read Eyes of the Dragon, Misery, (most of) The Stand, Cujo, Pet Semetary, Green Mile, and most of this other one I can't remember at the moment. :x

I really liked the Stand, but it just got too long for me towards the end. I just kind of gave up. I've read a few books over 1000 pages before, but I couldn't make it through this one. The one I can't remember I remember was good, but just not quite my style of story. (It's the one about the section of woodland cut off from the world and being attacked by weird creatures of some sort. Has the bathroom scene that is just 'beautiful' *Sarcasm*).

But I love (and own) all the others. Misery is my favorite by far, with Pet Semetary coming in a close second. I was lucky enough to stumble upon a garage sale full of super cheap SK books. It was like being in heaven. tongue.gif

So yeah...he's one of my favorite authors ever, lol. biggrin.gif

SK did a dragon book? Where, where?! *grabby hands* I loooove dragons!

(Can't you tell? biggrin.gif )

I've only read The Running Man. It was ok once I managed to stop imagining the main character as Arnold Schwarzenegger laugh.gif

Not about dragons?

Then why did he call it that?! *b'aaaaws*

He should do a dragon book, though, it'd be awesome.

Edited by Ruins

His short stories draw me in more than his long novels. I don't know why, they just do. xd.png

I liked Pet Sematary and Carrie though. I saw the movie for the Green Mile but haven't had a chance to read the book. >.<

Anyone read the two new shorter stories he had?

Morals and Blockade Billy?

I enjoyed the story about Billy, it starts off like such a cute little baseball story... Then the twist...

Morals, however... I'm not sure. Not bad, really, but it's... odd. Meh.

Not about dragons?

Then why did he call it that?! *b'aaaaws*

He should do a dragon book, though, it'd be awesome.

Ehh it's set in a medieval setting, if my memory is correct. It's a good book, but I don't recall there being any dragons in it.

I thought he did write one with dragons in it? 0o

Or the title had the word dragon in it. I dunno!

King is, frankly, Epic. I know some people find him too wordy, but I just love the books. I would put The Stand right up there in the list of all-time classics.

Re: the dragon thing... you're not getting confused with Dragon Tears which is a Dean Koontz book are you?

the dragon thing is this one

I read it myself and totally loved it. would advise it to anyone who's fond of thrilling magic stories.