TJ09

2010-12-13 - Yay Updates

Ok, so...

Renaming - I have nothing to rename.

S1 - I have only one frozen S1 Black Marrow, and it has the very lowest stats, so it wouldn't grow up itself.

Vampire Lineages - Most of mine I've got when biting was released, so they don't have "Bitten by", but I don't actually care.

And I can't really get people who cares: we all know that original cb vamps were dropped on Halloween, 2008, so if your cb vamp has another date, it was bitten, not caveborn. So, no chance to cheat/fool anyone, even yourself tongue.gif Why so much stress about it? Also, as we know from fantasy/horror books (from Dracula to Twilight), each vampire has been bitten by someone else, so having.. hm... cb vampires bitten by nobody, is kinda ridiculous. I always explained it same as cb dragons, - it is done by somebody, but information wasn't kept cool.gif

Scroll pages - Exactly what I wanted.

For all those who don't understand how it works:

It doesn't set the order of dragons, or the number of dragons for others to view. It is the same as at online shops, where you can custom the number of items you see per page. The purpose of making it for you rather than for your scroll visitors might be that you know exactly your speed and your connection, so you can set the number of dragons which is comfortable for your computer, and other people have all the rights to set the number they are comfortable with. Like you want to set 250 dragons, but I have such slow connection, my comp is always frozen when I open more than 100, and vice versa.

Thanks, T.J. cool.gif

Edited by Outer Space

I had to release three of my four vamps, because they didn't keep their "CB" status...

My Vamp's gonna be awfully lonely... ;_;

TJ thank you.. xd.png

but

The password is not exchanged sad.gif

The error occurs in page. unsure.gif

please, Confirmation! biggrin.gif

Excellent! Many thanks, of course, to TJ for his hard work and dedication to making DC a fun place to play. biggrin.gif

Blaaaaaar, so many dragons to rename to get the capitalization consistent... dry.gif

(settles in and waits for the Christmas holiday, hoping for an announcement of breeding so she can throw yulebucks into the AP) Next big event I'm waiting for - BSAs can wait. cool.gif

Great!

I did notice something weird: When i look at a scroll with 500+ dragons and default length settings, if the scroll is set to hide adults I see page one of three even though I'm looking only at 7 eggs & hatches.

Ah nice, it looks fixed now wink.gif

Uhm... small problem with renaming I think...

I was trying to fix this dragon's name: http://dragcave.net/view/g2R2

Her name is currently: Rama Lokshen kugel.

I messed up the capitalization and I want it to be Rama Lokshen Kugel.

But I can't enter the name, the ink dissapears, and now her view page only has her code instead of her old name on it.

YAY!

I've already fixed one dragon's name. Yay for literacy! xd.png

Uhm... small problem with renaming I think...

I was trying to fix this dragon's name:  http://dragcave.net/view/g2R2

Her name is currently: Rama Lokshen kugel.

I messed up the capitalization and I want it to be Rama Lokshen Kugel.

But I can't enter the name, the ink dissapears, and now her view page only has her code instead of her old name on it.

many are having this problem.

dragon names are NOT case sensitive, so you'll need to name the dragon something else, then name it again to get your proper casing

Edited by ParticleSoup

Excellent! Thanks coders/testers/TJ.

Still fiddling with dragons-per-page to get something I like, but I've renamed a few dragons already, so that's very useful.

I might create a more consistent naming scheme for my older dragons, might not. But it was very useful for my "Wizard's Rainbow" project--now my newly renamed Purple Bend can mate with the Yellow Bend (who is a gold with purple x gold lineage) who gendered wrong for the original Purple Bend.

Haven't really made use of/looked at Vamps or S1 freezing yet, but the first two are wonderful.

Like some others I'm not so fond of vampires showing bites, but I suppose there's nothing to be done so no use fretting over something that's not changing.

Now I'm quite thrilled with naming. I was kicking myself SO badly when I named Valentine Medley Valentine Medly dry.gif So major thanks for giving us the ability to rename our dragons! biggrin.gif

Now my two dragons who needed change in their names have gotten it. I was pretty annoyed when I noticed I'd failed to give "Big Fire" and "Minute Fire" capitalized F's. Now they have it, so all is well biggrin.gif

AWESOME! I love the vamp linages and you can not understand how long and excitedly I've waited for being able to rename. **Goes to fix past blunders**

Thank you!

Yay for updates! Thanks to TJ and everyone helped! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Yesterday before go to bed I fogged an egg for trying today to freeze it at 1st stage. Has someone already tried this? Can I proceed?

Yay! I was worried the updates wouldn't be on time but you came through!

That's because names themselves are case insensitive.

So you'll have to re-name it something else and then re-name it again to fix it. :3

Thank you, yes, I figured that out. It's rather tedious, thank goodness renaming is unlimited...

Oh! I like the changes! I like the changes! So excited - the scroll pages is really helping already, love the vamp bite changes, and can't wait to start renaming (have to finish checking my inbreds first).

I know what I'm doing once I finish my exams this week!!

Thanks TJ! Nice treat to wake up too!

(Psst! Look at your account settings. :3)

<3 - ONE place I hadn't thought to look

Renaming is already driving me crazy xd.png I fixed a pair that I had named before checking if they'd refuse ... and now the new partner is refusing as well because again, I forgot to check first xd.png

I still love it though.

The scroll pages are a bit useless IMO, I wanted tabs so I could sort my CBs and my breedings projects and stuff and it's not helping with that at all. I suppose it's a great thing for people with slow connections though smile.gif