TJ09

2010-12-13 - Yay Updates

I have a frozen vamp hatchling from May 2010 that's not showing the bite lineage thing. Do frozen hatchies not show it?

Awesome possum, Blossom!

*renames several dragons*

Love the changes! Besides the re-naming feature (which I only used on less than 10 dragons), I really like being able to view 50 dragons per page. Like someone above said, it really helps the scrolling thing and it helps the pages load faster.

Thanks for all the hard work you do for us, TJ!

Edited by blackdragon71

Nice, I might want to rename a few whose names I've misspelled etc.

Scroll pages

Remember that this setting affects how you see the scrolls of others.

Is there a setting for that? I'm sorta lazy to scroll down a very very long page.

@Maire: Yes they show up, under the lineage. It'll say bitten by dragon.

Ooo, just testing out the other new features is great. biggrin.gif I am happy I have most of my freezing already done so there's only a few which still needs them.

Edit: @Car: It's under the account settings. You can put it as little as 50 dragons per page.

Edited by raistardragon

Well long day tomorrow have to go through every single one of my dragons to mark em if theyre cb or inbred.

Fisrt, thanks so much for the new updates! biggrin.gif

Next, quick question: Are there issues with renaming and case-sensitivity? I'm renaming some of my dragons and in situations where I've only changed the case of the name (e.g., from Amazon's Second Gens to AMAZON'S SECOND GENS), it says the name is already taken, even though I'd be slightly surprised if it is really. I noticed this with another name that just needed the capitalisation fixed too, and I've just managed to get the name I want by adding a letter, resetting the name with the correct capitalisation and then renaming again with the extra letter deleted. Anything that can be done about this? It's not a huge thing, but it did puzzle me when I encountered it.

Uh, does that make any sense? unsure.gif

Fisrt, thanks so much for the new updates!  biggrin.gif

Next, quick question:  Are there issues with renaming and case-sensitivity?  I'm renaming some of my dragons and in situations where I've only changed the case of the name (e.g., from Amazon's Second Gens to AMAZON'S SECOND GENS), it says the name is already taken, even though I'd be slightly surprised if it is really.  I noticed this with another name that just needed the capitalisation fixed too, and I've just managed to get the name I want by adding a letter, resetting the name with the correct capitalisation and then renaming again with the extra letter deleted.  Anything that can be done about this?  It's not a huge thing, but it did puzzle me when I encountered it.

Uh, does that make any sense?  unsure.gif

I had a few dragons I wanted to rename for consistency's sake. In one case, I wanted to change the capitalization of a dragon's name, and I found out an interesting thing about the feature: one can't do that directly, as duplicate names are checked for in a case-insensitive fashion, and the name being replaced is among those checked for duplicates.

That's because names themselves are case insensitive.

So you'll have to re-name it something else and then re-name it again to fix it. :3

Awesome! (: Though, I must say that it feels odd that my scroll is three pages long instead of one long...

Awesome! (: Though, I must say that it feels odd that my scroll is three pages long instead of one long...

Well, you can always change that. ;3

Great New features! Thanks smile.gif

I have a Problem though... I cant change my password, dunno if this has to do with that. Thats Why i am asking here wink.gif

Edited by bubinator

Yay!

Though I hoped I could do it yesterday when I was home alone I guess I will use some of the 'family-time' tonight to rename 8 dragons. Names are allready thought out and neatly noted in a spreadsheet, so shouldn't take too long anyway. biggrin.gif

Vamp lineages are OK I guess, though I expected something more like the lineage page so you could see the whole 'lineage' without having to click 'bitten by' for each dragon in it (or am I missing something?).

Scroll pages are useful but I wish there wouldn't be 'Now viewing page 1 of 1' on top of my scroll. It's so confrontational: "you don't even have enough dragons to get to two pages" tongue.gif

Having the message only show in case of multiple pages would be nicer, but I can see this is more easily coded.

Great New features! Thanks smile.gif

I have a Problem though... I cant change my password, dunno if this has to do with that. Thats Why i am asking here wink.gif

Are you perhaps trying to change it to the same thing? If that's been updated, you shouldn't be able to.

Or are you submitting your current password wrong? Is capslock on? :3

Great! I already set my account to show 50 dragons per page - that should save the server some stress. smile.gif

Going to rename now...

Great, thanks TJ. Now I can finally start that Vamp lineage, that I always wanted.

Well, you can always change that. ;3

I know. (: But I'll probably get use to the pages sooner or later. (:

Are you perhaps trying to change it to the same thing? If that's been updated, you shouldn't be able to.

Or are you submitting your current password wrong? Is capslock on? :3

Thanks for answering smile.gif no its not the same pw and i checked the caps too. I get a blank screen thats all. Maybe its because of my iphone unsure.gif i dunno...

Could be. Mine don't show up either... although, one of the dragons I had bitten at an earlier time (Nov 2009) showed it's predecessor