TJ09

2010-12-13 - Yay Updates

I'm a little confused. But why aren't scroll pages applied to guest viewers too? After all they're the ones we want to entice to join, but if we freeze their computer before they even join. I don't think they might want to join. I know I wouldn't.

LOL, for a second, I was like "Where'd all my dragons go?"

This is great! I'm excited about the updates biggrin.gif

On a more positive note, I will say this: the scroll pages are very helpful, and the renaming option is wonderful. I don't plan on using the S1 freezing option, but it is still an excellent addition. Now I just need to go through and put surname designations on several hundred dragons. Foosh... Well, in time.

I had a few dragons I wanted to rename for consistency's sake. In one case, I wanted to change the capitalization of a dragon's name, and I found out an interesting thing about the feature: one can't do that directly, as duplicate names are checked for in a case-insensitive fashion, and the name being replaced is among those checked for duplicates.

Awesome, thanks again. At least now we have time to get used to these before new features come out.

Renamed all 48 dragons with new stable-name and inbred/purebred/caveborn labels. Took an hour but it was worth it! biggrin.gif

I had a few dragons I wanted to rename for consistency's sake. In one case, I wanted to change the capitalization of a dragon's name, and I found out an interesting thing about the feature: one can't do that directly, as duplicate names are checked for in a case-insensitive fashion, and the name being replaced is among those checked for duplicates.

That's because names themselves are case insensitive.

This is so neat! I had no idea so many eggs I'd bitten with my lone Vampire survived. And the pages = pure happiness. I hate scrolling. I don't know why, I just do. But now there's so much less of it to do! I had no idea I'd enjoy these features as much as I do (they were kinda on my "meh" list as far as the site changes went). Thank you!

AWESOMEPANTS! biggrin.gif Today has been a very excellent day! I can now rename my misspell'eds and rearrange my lineages, AND I caught a CB Black... Excellent day- thanks TJ! biggrin.gif

As far as the S1 conversion tool goes, will it also work on hatchlings that were originally frozen as S1s, but have since gendered? Or do they have to still be S1 when you convert them?

Thank you TJ and the staff.

I got impatient, but it was worth the wait. biggrin.gif

As far as the S1 conversion tool goes, will it also work on hatchlings that were originally frozen as S1s, but have since gendered? Or do they have to still be S1 when you convert them?

I believe the entire point of the S1 is to revert S2's frozen as S1's to begin with back to S1's, so I'm not sure what good it would do to revert a current S1 back to the same stage it already is. o.O

/confused

Great!

I did notice something weird: When i look at a scroll with 500+ dragons and default length settings, if the scroll is set to hide adults I see page one of three even though I'm looking only at 7 eggs & hatches.

This is an early christmas miracle. Im going to go through ALL of my dragons, and rename them to suit the other dragons which have my surname. WOOOOOO! Bless you TJ. Bless you

I love the Vamp Lineages! And also the Renaming is cool, I renamed the Pink that gendered wrong.

I believe the entire point of the S1 is to revert S2's frozen as S1's to begin with back to S1's, so I'm not sure what good it would do to revert a current S1 back to the same stage it already is. o.O

/confused

I hope so. unsure.gif But it seems like it could also be just to permanently keep the ones that are already S1s before the update from becoming S2 (assuming the update doesn't apply to hatchies that were already frozen, which I was assuming was the case, but now that I think about it I'm not so sure.)

Edited to change wording.

Edited by bionelly

WOOOOOOT ty ty ty

uhm - is there any way I have have my dragons on more than one page even tho I only have 100-something ? maybe it is just my brain not functioning, but I couldn't see it

WOOOOOOT ty ty ty

uhm - is there any way I have have my dragons on more than one page even tho I only have 100-something ? maybe it is just my brain not functioning, but I couldn't see it

Check your account settings. Lowest is 50, so yes. :3

Yay! Just renamed the ones I messed up on. Woot woot! I like the page things. That will SO help when I load people's 500+ scrolls. o.0

<3 Ty!

Ah, now that there is S1 freezing, perhaps I'll have to collect them as well.

I have a frozen vamp hatchling from May 2010 that's not showing the bite lineage thing. Do frozen hatchies not show it?