TJ09

2010-12-13 - Yay Updates

Quick question here about the scroll tabbed view feature.

My understanding was that scrolls that don't get looked at over a long period of time the dragons lose their names? With the dragons now broken up across various different tabs, do we have to go visit each tab to make sure that our dragons won't lose their names or does just being logged in and looking at the first tab on our scroll count for all of our dragons?

Quick question here about the scroll tabbed view feature.

My understanding was that scrolls that don't get looked at over a long period of time the dragons lose their names? With the dragons now broken up across various different tabs, do we have to go visit each tab to make sure that our dragons won't lose their names or does just being logged in and looking at the first tab on our scroll count for all of our dragons?

It used to be that if dragons did not get viewed in a certain length of time they lost their names. But that was changed and adults don't even accumulate views any more. It is now determined by the length of time since you logged in. So I am pretty sure that this change will have no effect on name loss.

Thanks, TJ. Maybe by the time I get all my renaming and reordering done, the rest of the features will be ready tongue.gif

How do you change the amount you want to see on a scroll?

I know it is probably an idiot question but thats where my mind is today

How do you change the amount you want to see on a scroll?

I know it is probably an idiot question but thats where my mind is today

Under account settings, where you can change your password and such. :3

SWEET TJ!!! Thanks! Now I can rename some of my dragons that need it! And Vamp lineages ftw!

Hmmm...my little S1 paper hatchling I froze last Thursday looks gendered...but no "gender unknown" listed on the page. O.o I'm assuming this is part and parcel of the issues folks have had with the newly frozen. I just wonder if TJ realizes that its extending to hatchlings frozen a few days before implementation...

Hmmm...my little S1 paper hatchling I froze last Thursday looks gendered...but no "gender unknown" listed on the page. O.o  I'm assuming this is part and parcel of the issues folks have had with the newly frozen.  I just wonder if TJ realizes that its extending to hatchlings frozen a few days before implementation...

Papers are dont gender anymore they never gain genders. The old ones keep them though.

Edited by lindsy95

Papers are dont gender anymore they never gain genders. The old ones keep them though.

My shallows one has done the same thing though... Should I send TJ a message reporting the bug, or should I leave it be? I'm new to the procedure =P

Also, just kind of out of nowhere... But anyone else notice their EDS banner only showing 200 dragons max?

It's the EDS site I think... it needs to alter its coding? I use EATW banner and it appears to show my full total.

Yay! There is one thing I noticed, on my vamps the "Bitten:" and "Bitten by:" Seem to have swiched places. An example, my vamps sire is and my vamp is

~Dragon spam view links Removed~

Edited by _Z_

My shallows one has done the same thing though... Should I send TJ a message reporting the bug, or should I leave it be? I'm new to the procedure =P

I've had the same issue with hatchies that I froze yesterday - already sent TJ a PM informing him of the glitch. Not sure whether it'd help to have more than one person report the issue. :3

Ah, I was about to say that the Ember I froze didn't gender but still grew wings, but apparently I'm not the only one with the problem.

And This is why we do not push TJ for updates xP

Better to have them released bug free and wait a little then deal with things like this no?

Aaah!! Hidden update! you sneaky guy TJ!!! Now when dragons breed, you see BOTH their sprites on the results page!!

EDIT: Screenshot time!!!

user posted image

Edited by Jaako

Aaah!! Hidden update! you sneaky guy TJ!!! Now when dragons breed, you see BOTH their sprites on the results page!!

user posted image

haha I noticed that :D

Better to have them released bug free and wait a little then deal with things like this no?

Eh. I'm sure that TJ thought they were bug free when he decided to release them. Either that or, like most programmers, there was a little voice in the back of his head saying "you know, there still could be a bug here, you just haven't thought of how to find it yet..."

Bugs happen. It's a fact of life in software development. The only thing that really makes me sad is that he might have to work on fixing these bugs instead of bringing out the features I really, really want to see. smile.gif

user posted image

That's so cool! And sneaky... >:D

I don't think anything is ever really bug free when it's released. Testing just brings about fewer bugs. There will always be some that hid better then the others for the users to discover. wink.gif

The only thing that really makes me sad is that he might have to work on fixing these bugs instead of bringing out the features I really, really want to see.

Same here.

Edited by Sir Barton