TJ09

2010-12-13 - Yay Updates

That's not true, my female was bitten six months ago and has a lineage now, that goes for many vamps that were bitten after april 2010. Quote from the first post:

So why doesn't my bite from last week show?

possibly a glitch.. there are others with the same issue.. i'd simply pm TJ about it

Awesome, now I can rename my misspelled draggies smile.gif Great for not native English speakers like me LOL Thanks so much!

That's not true, my female was bitten six months ago and has a lineage now, that goes for many vamps that were bitten after april 2010. Quote from the first post:

So why doesn't my bite from last week show?

Vampire Lineages

Only bite logs from after April 2010 are guaranteed to show up. Earlier vampires will have their logs show up at some point in the future when I get around to importing the data.

This

Nooo x.x I don't want my Vampires to show their "bitters".

I mean what was the point of bitting CB eggs in the first place then? Now only the s1 hatchling has this problem. Great and I was so looking forward to perma freeze him when the needed feature gets avaible. dry.gif

Ha, yeah, 's a little disappointing to have them come in retroactively like that (especially after I'd spent all that time rushing about trying to get "CBs" before the updates could be implemented).

Huh. I froze two S1s yesterday. This morning... they're both showing the gendered sprite, but not the symbol.

Anyone else seeing this? It's not like they even had massive amounts of UVs. Hmm.

Huh. I froze two S1s yesterday. This morning... they're both showing the gendered sprite, but not the symbol.

Anyone else seeing this? It's not like they even had massive amounts of UVs. Hmm.

You should report TJ about it. This might be a bug that need to get fixed.

Edited by Belisar

Sigh, I understand that the way scroll pages was done was to help loading time, but I still wish for my scroll I could have verible (sp?) pages so I could organize it better. In my opion, that would be great even if everyone else sees my dragons based on their "view scrolls" options. As is though, I will not be useing a feature I had been looking forward to. sad.gif

On a better note I now need to find several hours worth of time so I can rename about half of my dragons. Yay for renameing, lol.

I'm not sure I understand the complaints Im seeing on vamp linages, the eggs are STILL CB, they just show who bit them. ie: Dracula bites Lucy, he is her vampire "sire" but not her father. Non cave-born will show parents and biters.

Stage 1 freezing is great, but I do worry with the trouble I have getting mine to gender early. This means Im going to have to find a few more fansites to enough views for stage 2 hatchlings. I've always had more trouble getting them, far too many have grown up on me because I waited for them to gender. ;/

Just for the record, I'm happy about all of these new features and I appreciate all the hard work that went into bringing it to all of us. smile.gif

@ DragonLady - Using my current combination of fansites, my hatchies almost always gender by the time they reach 6d3h, which is pretty fast. PM me if you'd like, and I'll outline the way I generally go about it - rarely results in sickness if you're paying attention. :3

Edited by Imbecamiel

Sigh, I understand that the way scroll pages was done was to help loading time, but I still wish for my scroll I could have verible (sp?) pages so I could organize it better. In my opion, that would be great even if everyone else sees my dragons based on their "view scrolls" options. As is though, I will not be useing a feature I had been looking forward to. sad.gif

Sorry, but what exactly is wrong with current scroll pages? How are they not verible? You just set the number of dragons you wish to see on the page, and custom dragons in custom/alternate/legacy sort according to this number per page...

Sorry, but what exactly is wrong with current scroll pages? How are they not verible? You just set the number of dragons you wish to see on the page, and custom dragons in custom/alternate/legacy sort according to this number per page...

They (and I) would like to be able to have a different number on each page- not a big deal in my case, but I don't have equal numbers of dragons in each category( does anyone?)

However I have adjusted my sorting ( three x now dry.gif ) to get a good workable first page- it can be done just takes time,

I am sure that people with slow loading computers are rejoicing. Even my scroll loads faster biggrin.gif

so hurrah and now the next updates when? getting awfully close to Christmas unsure.gif

(will cross my fingers for this weekend)

They're not variable in that you can't, say, put all your pinks and reds on one page, metallics on another... If you want to show certain dragons in certain pages, you have to count them out, put "spacing" dragons in if necessary, and then rearrange it again every time you get another dragon.

So it's not very useful for any sorting purposes, only for faster loading, something which I was rather disappointed with as well. Not that the loading isn't nice, but... It'd be nice to actually be able to use it for organization purposes.

They're not variable in that you can't, say, put all your pinks and reds on one page, metallics on another... If you want to show certain dragons in certain pages, you have to count them out, put "spacing" dragons in if necessary, and then rearrange it again every time you get another dragon.

So it's not very useful for any sorting purposes, only for faster loading, something which I was rather disappointed with as well. Not that the loading isn't nice, but... It'd be nice to actually be able to use it for organization purposes.

You can just make the number per page lower. For example, if you want only your metallics to be shown on the first page, put the number of your metallics (like 46), put Stripes and Holidays on the next page till it hit the number of 46, divide commons between last pages, etc.

Personally, I would use the first page for the dragons I need more often than others: metallics, holidays, stripes, - all that I breed regularly. And all dragons that I don't need to check frequently would be sorted on other pages. This way you wouldn't ever need to go to any of your pages, except the first one. And don't worry, how cute does it look, - other players would see your scroll according to their sort, nothing to do with it.

Thank you TJ for all your hard work on this I love the new changes and can't wait to start renaming! tongue.gif

Edited by majors

Unlimited. smile.gif

I finished all my renaming now. smile.gif

I was talking about for each dragon... But if it is unlimited for each dragon... Sweet.

Also, just kind of out of nowhere... But anyone else notice their EDS banner only showing 200 dragons max?

I'm perfectly happy with this sorting. Yes, specifying #/individual page would be nice, but logically, that should show up for everyone who views the scroll. So that wouldn't fix the loading time problem because not everyone would use it, resulting in some scrolls still showing hundreds of dragons at once. I like that with this method, you can choose what amount is right for you. Sure, it might not be "pretty", but that isn't the point. wink.gif

EDIT: And I am thoroughly enjoying the renaming. Now I can impulse name my hatchies (putting up a total block on abandoning them, so I can only accidentally abandon wrong eggs), and name adults when I'm not sure about their perfect name yet! I just named my vamps in line with their sires (and added Dusk to a Dusk Thuwed I have), and changed the names when I noticed part of the scheme I missed. Totally. Awesome. cool.gif No more planning when to take 2 months off of DC just to wipe all my names to correct typos. I was seriously going to do that. Glad I didn't.

Edited by AlternateMew

I was talking about for each dragon... But if it is unlimited for each dragon... Sweet.

Also, just kind of out of nowhere... But anyone else notice their EDS banner only showing 200 dragons max?

It is unlimited for each dragon as well. smile.gif

Yeah, I noticed that. I think it's because TJ changed it to where people who aren't logged in see 200 dragons per page.

I really love the renaming feature. Thanks TJ and staff. I hope we get the other updates in the near future =)