TJ09

2010-12-13 - Yay Updates

Just one quick question... I thought we were going to be able to decide how many dragons went on each page. (Ex. Put all your dragons in lineage 1 on page 2, all your dragons in lineage 2 on page 3, etc) *shrugs* Whatever, this still helps tremendously!!! smile.gif

You can dictate the number of dragons YOU see on each page in your user settings, but how someone else sees your scroll is up to them :/

And yay, I got all my renaming done!!! <3

I was finally able to re-name a pair of dragons whose name had been picked out to match and then the dragon refused each other...so I named a new mate with the previous name. smile.gif

I was also able to switch a lot of names I like to my favorite dragons. hehe.

I love re-naming!

Awww I'm kinda disappointed about the retroactive tracking of the vamps xP

I didn't think the lineages would go back from Implementation xP

S'why I bit so many this week.

Well darn.

Ah well.

Edited by Reidragon

I love the Vampire lineages! user posted image I'm looking forward to the rest of the bite information becoming available so I know more about my little AP grabs.

I've not had any problems with renaming (and can't believe I've flubbed that much spelling!) and my scroll is all pretty!

One question about the S1 freezing. I have one that I froze last week that is currently ungendered. Will it remain so since it was ungendered at the time of implementation? Inquiring minds wanna know. user posted image

I will release a tool to retroactively update old S1 frozens in the future.

so does theis mean that:

1- we will be able to put S2 hatchies that we froze as S1 back to S1

2- we will be able to grow S1 frozens to S2

or 3- something totally different.

sorry if this was explained somewhere else.

so does theis mean that:

1- we will be able to put S2 hatchies that we froze as S1 back to S1

2- we will be able to grow S1 frozens to S2

or 3- something totally different.

sorry if this was explained somewhere else.

It means that nothing will change with the hatchlings that were frozen previous to this update, but any dragon that is frozen as an S1 will not mature to an S2. If you want a frozen S2, you will have to wait for it to mature to an S2, then freeze it.

This is wonderful. Of course, the other changes will be coming too. While the increased egg limits are probably the most eagerly awaited ones, I suspect the changes will be coming when they're ready - when the testing is satisfactory - and so the order that we get them in will likely be "random" as far as how valuable the changes are.

Like many others here, I will extend to TJ a warm "Thank you!" for his work on behalf of making Dragon Cave even more fun.

Renaming <3 WHOOT! I finally got to fix those two pesky mistakes. And now I don't have to run my names through spell check three or four times habitually just because I'll be scared to spell a word wrong 8D

YAY

Thanks TJ, This is awesome, I'm really excited for the next features too. smile.gif

Oh, what's this?

When I breed 2 Dragons, they suddenly appear both on the "egg page" - is that new as well?

Indeed xd.png Neato huh?

It means that nothing will change with the hatchlings that were frozen previous to this update, but any dragon that is frozen as an S1 will not mature to an S2. If you want a frozen S2, you will have to wait for it to mature to an S2, then freeze it.

OK you must have missed the quote that goes with my question.

TJ said:

it says retroactively update OLD S1 frozens. So again does this mean my S1 red dino that i frozen back 1-2 weeks ago, one day I will be able to put him back to S1??

Oh, what's this?

When I breed 2 Dragons, they suddenly appear both on the "egg page" - is that new as well?

I don't know, but it did it for me too, whether or not the breed was successful. It wasn't there before, so I'd guess it's new. Don't remember anything along those lines being in the list; closest was the "if two dragons refuse to go near each other, they will no longer show up on each others' breeding list" bit. We'll have to wait and see if it stays or not smile.gif

OK you must have missed the quote that goes with my question.

TJ said:

it says retroactively update OLD S1 frozens. So again does this mean my S1 red dino that i frozen back 1-2 weeks ago, one day I will be able to put him back to S1??

I wonder what he meant as well. I have hatchies I froze as s1 that I wanted to go to s2 so I made sure that they had enough views to go to s2 even after they were frozen. If the tool does revert s2 to s1, I hope we can "target" which hatchies to use it on because I wouldn't want my s2 hatchies to return to s1 (with the exception of may be a couple of the holidays).

I finally have my names fixed, makes me sooo happy

thanks TJ biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

now for new limits--- and teleport and I am one happy camper tongue.gif

now for new limits--- and teleport and I am one happy camper tongue.gif

same here smile.gif

And I can't really get people who cares: we all know that original cb vamps were dropped on Halloween, 2008, so if your cb vamp has another date, it was bitten, not caveborn. So, no chance to cheat/fool anyone, even yourself tongue.gif  Why so much stress about it? Also, as we know from fantasy/horror books (from Dracula to Twilight), each vampire has been bitten by someone else, so having.. hm... cb vampires bitten by nobody, is kinda ridiculous. I always explained it same as cb dragons, - it is done by somebody, but information wasn't kept cool.gif

Because people had lineages planned. I did, anyway, and I can only assume others did as well. I don't want to "trick" anybody, I don't need some sort of special trade fodder generator, I just had a lineage plan that involved a very specific naming scheme, and having an extra vampire that doesn't follow the scheme tacked onto that lineage in the first spot ruins the pattern for me. *is a nitpicky consistency freak*

Yay! I just renamed the dragons I wanted to! It works!

No more CB vamp, but it's cool to see who bit the egg i caught. Turns out a CB vampire did bite mine, so in a way I have a 2nd gen vampire?

Thank you so much, TJ!! biggrin.gif

Yay updates indeed biggrin.gif

I was finally able to fix all the dragons I had either misnamed or named something lame, so I'm happy. The other updates are just icing on the cake for me. Thanks again, TJ happy.gif