PACMANnot

Band & Music that deserve the Spotlight

Didn't find anything similar in the search engine or was too far back into the pages to know.

---

I have realized that there are bands out there that do not get enough credit for what they do.

Pop/Rap/Autotune is drowning out the GOOD music. Tell us about a band that you know about that nobody else knows about, or that are not too popular; got stomped out by the competition, one that deserves more then to be squashed by the music of today. Tell us why!

Mine:

The Sunstreak~ not that popular and is slowly disappearing off the face of the planet. I think they tour around the states or something, if only someone would promote them or something. *sighs dejectedly*

Galt Aureus~ inter webs band that is totally awesome.

ReinaDelCid~ another Inter Webs person with a lovely voice.

and many more.

Edited by PACMANnot

Haha I just realized I posted it in the wrong section, could someone move this to the right section please?

Please use the Report button or PM a mod if you'd like a topic moved, in the future.

Happy Rhodes. She has an AMAZING voice (four-octave range!) and nobody's ever heard of her.

Here's one of my favorite songs by her:

Well... SS501 was pretty new, but then all these other new bands/groups came and stole the spotlight.

And.... someone with an awesome vocal range and voice? Sachi Tainaka. Listen to

: I think 00:19 that really high note... It's her voice. It's really awesome since she makes these really high notes in the song background, for other songs, sometimes. I think her vocal range is 3 1/2; high, of course. And her songs are AWESOME. But no one knows her... sad.gif

(YEEEAAAH she's Japanese. Me and my Asian music obsession...)

Rant is over.

P.S: That song by Happy Rhodes.... at 00:57, is that her? blink.gif

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Idk I would probably say The Doors because nobody I hang around has ever talked about them. There awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jim Morrison is so hot. I've got a poster of him on my wall. He's the lead singer but hes also dead so credit would'nt do much now. R.I.P Jim Morrison 1943-1971 we love you or well at least I do. <3

And.... someone with an awesome vocal range and voice? Sachi Tainaka. Listen to
: I think 00:19 that really high note... It's her voice. It's really awesome since she makes these really high notes in the song background, for other songs, sometimes. I think her vocal range is 3 1/2; high, of course. And her songs are AWESOME. But no one knows her...  sad.gif

Wow, Sachi Tainaka has a fantastic voice, that high note at the beginning is just amazing...

P.S: That song by Happy Rhodes.... at 00:57, is that her?  blink.gif

Yep. First time I heard that song, I thought it was a duet.

Edited by AetherTwist

Doctor Steel. Doctorsteel.com

He's a lovely person, very friendly, and has an interesting style to his music.

Vermillion Lies. Even though they broke up. x3;

Again, interesting style to their music. They have a lovely sound in their voices and their music is fun, airy and simple. Not much added in to make complicated. Sample.

Doctor Steel. Doctorsteel.com

He's a lovely person, very friendly, and has an interesting style to his music.

And Abney Park. The two are "related" because they're friends on myspace...I also like Doctor Steel.

Abney Park is awesome though. There's going to be a convention close by that's having a steampunk theme and I'm hoping they will show up...

My college likes to give out free CDs, most of the music is stuff I've never heard of. I've came across some nice bands this way, including one called 3, but none beat Dimension Zero. The CD came in an awesome case and was still wrapped, meaning it was never played. It had been a long time since I had liked every song on a CD and these guys have made it to my top 3 list. If you like industrial rock, you must check them out. Make sure to look them up as the US Band, not the European Death Metal band by the same name.

Empire Of The Sun

they really are not as popular as they should be

their music is great.

Creature Feature is a very nice, somewhat comical Horror Rock band. Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, and The Cure were all great goth bands back in the 80's. Old Dead Tree, nice alternative.

I can't find Dimension Zero at ALL. Well the death metal is easy to find, but I'm looking for the one mentioned above. >.<

As for mine:

Young Guns

They have one album released in the US, the others are not in the US and I had to steal them from youtube >.>

Blackfire- a Navajo punk band that not only can rock with the best, they are willing to get very political and address social issues most people choose to pretend don't exist. They kinda remind me of Midnight Oil.

Highly recommend giving

a listen.

They're incredible live.

Fall Out Boy, Three Days Grace, All-American Rejects...

Need I go on?

Please do.

Maybe you'll reach some bands that actually aren't reveling in spotlight. :'D

Tell us about a band that you know about that nobody else knows about, or that are not too popular

well they aren't if 90% of my school don't know who the heck they are.

Just saying.

If you haven't heard of the All American Rejects you HAVE been living under a rock.

There's a local band in town right now that I think deserves the spotlight. They call themselves Black. They're local only unfortunately. Their leader is dead set against Youtube. He says he doesn't want to sell out. None of them are on the internet really, it's sad. One member, a 17 year old kid, could give Eddy Van Halen a REAL run for his money. The singer needs work though. Their bassist is great support.

Happy Rhodes. She has an AMAZING voice

Oh wow... She's amazing!

I, too, thought there were two people singing at first biggrin.gif

@ Qwackie: Now you got me all into Creature Feature!

They're great! Just the musik I'm listening to, when I need inspiration!

I for myself am a geek for irish tunes so I think it's sad, that noone in my school seems to know Flogging Molly (

), The High Kings (
) or Orthodox Celts (
)

And the Pagan Metal band Equilibrium (

) Edited by bloodred-dragonfly

Oh wow... She's amazing!

I, too, thought there were two people singing at first biggrin.gif

@ Qwackie: Now you got me all into Creature Feature!

They're great! Just the musik I'm listening to, when I need inspiration!

I for myself am a geek for irish tunes so I think it's sad, that noone in my school seems to know Flogging Molly (

), The High Kings (
) or Orthodox Celts (
)

And the Pagan Metal band Equilibrium (

)

Yeah... It's surprising Creature Feature aren't well known yet.

D:

~~~

Oh, that Pagan Metal /is/ awesome...

~~~

Mm, found these guys out yesterday. They're called "Split Enz."

Mm, found these guys out yesterday. They're called "Split Enz."

Could you please tell me the name of the song?

The video you posted isn't available in my country dry.gif

Could you please tell me the name of the song?

The video you posted isn't available in my country dry.gif

It's called "I See Red."

Split Enz are from N.Z. =D

I've known about "I See Red" for years. Awesome song...

"Midnight Youth" are another great band, I think. I believe the simple reason for them not being well known is that they are a band that hasn't been around long, or gotten a chance to take off yet.

(They're also from New Zealand. ^^)

(my favourite of their songs, I think.) Edited by Thorn