Digidude123

Christmas songs

I'm wondering if anyone can help me...

I'm looking for an instrumental Christmas song. It's on electric guitar, but I would settle for the name of the song. (It's also played by an orchestra.) They play it on the radio every single year around here all the time. I love the song, but I don't know what it's called. >.< I really don't know what else I can include to give clues... Any ideas?

I'm wondering if anyone can help me...

I'm looking for an instrumental Christmas song. It's on electric guitar, but I would settle for the name of the song. (It's also played by an orchestra.) They play it on the radio every single year around here all the time. I love the song, but I don't know what it's called. >.< I really don't know what else I can include to give clues... Any ideas?

Tried several searches but couldn't come up with anything. I thought it was something to do with the Electric Light Orchestra but couldn't find it.

Tried several searches but couldn't come up with anything. I thought it was something to do with the Electric Light Orchestra but couldn't find it.

I thought it might be by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but I couldn't find it. Will keep looking. smile.gif

I thought it might be by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but I couldn't find it. Will keep looking. smile.gif

If you find it, please let me know. I'm interested in seeing if it is the one that I'm thinking of.

Found it! It IS by the Trans Siberian Orchestra, however I still haven't found the version I'm thinking of. >.<

Serajevo/Christmas Eve

Found it! It IS by the Trans Siberian Orchestra, however I still haven't found the version I'm thinking of. >.<

Serajevo/Christmas Eve

That was fantastic. smile.gif

So. It's December.

I'm currently listening to God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, this particular version being from Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachland. It's quite good.

I hate Last Christmas after having to hear it about a million times today. My class is preparing to sing it at a school Christmas event... I'm left out of it and thankful beyond words.

So that this post isn't just a grumpy Orl hating:

I have found that I like The Twelve Days of Christmas for some reason. biggrin.gif (English songs are just generally better than Czech ones.) And everything from We Wish You a Metal Xmas is amazing. I especially adore Alice Cooper's song.

Just wondering if people knew some of the Christmas songs I've been listening to recently? I think some of them may be oddly British...

Walking IN The Air

Edit to add: Steeleye Span!

Edited by TikindiDragon

i like the whole boney m christmas album but my favorite song on it has to be either marys boy/ oh my lord or felis navidad

also another song i really like is last christmas by wham i think it is

also i like the song silent night its pretty

Edited by futuregohangurl

I prefer older, more 'traditional' songs (Greensleeves, Carol of the Bells, God Rest Y Merry Gentlemen...), but I do enjoy a few modern things.

^Pretty much this. I do love Mannheim Steamroller a lot. Otherwise, I really don't care for many modern Christmas songs.

The only real Christmassy songs I like are "the twelve days of game freak" on youtube and "Making Christmas" from Nightmare Before Christmas.

Edited by Switch

It has to be Carol of the Bells, especially the Pentatonix version. It's just really dark and makes christmas seem so much more ominous and creepier and more twisted, and I love it xd.png

I just felt like digging up threads today so...

-New York Fairytale- The Pogues and Kirsty McColl. (The second Verse of Kirsty's part is sooooo Christmassy!

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Edited by Hazel360

Step Into Christmas-Elton John

Go Tell it on the Mountain

Christmas Time (Forgot who sings it)

Where are You Christmas- Faith Hill

Do They Know it's Christmas Time (Also forgots who sings it)

Step Into Christmas-Elton John

Go Tell it on the Mountain

Christmas Time (Forgot who sings it)

Where are You Christmas- Faith Hill

Do They Know it's Christmas Time (Also forgots who sings it)

Do They Know It's Christmas is by Band-Aid, a conglomeration of artists grouping together to do a benefit single to raise money for victims of a famine happening in Africa at the time. (And yes, I'm being lazy and not looking up the complete details right now.)

It's a decent song. Not one of my favorites, but not one I dislike either.

I adore The Holly and the Ivy... such pagan imagery!

Honestly, I can't say that there's any Christmas songs I like. Not even one is popping into my head at the moment. Aww, now I feel like Scrooge. sad.gif