Yubelchen

Monster Hunter

So hyped for the Glaive. I've always wanted a staff like weapon in this game! But, the actual thought behind the Kinsect kinda makes me shiver. Our pet bug (creepy off the bat...) bites a dragon, injects the blood in us, and instead of some weird hybrid disease, we get stronger and figure out how to swing our big stick faster.

Anyone know how the data transfer will work? My brother traded in our games to get the pre-order of 4U, but I still have the SD card with all the data on it. Will I have to head up to Gamestop and buy back our copy with that data or will it read the data off the SD card?

Edited by katanakid13

I'm not bothering with downloading the demo since I'm getting the game and I've played enough MH3U to know what it's about.

It'll do you some good to practice on the demo. Mechanics of some weapons have changed (eg. bow now plays like a 3rd-person shooter unless you fiddle with settings) and glaive does take some getting used to. Plus learning how Feral Wyvern Virus works will probably help in your first formal encounter with Gore Magala.

Unrelated to MH4U: Lookit what my brother brought me from Japan! :D

user posted image

Unrelated to MH4U: Lookit what my brother brought me from Japan! biggrin.gif

user posted image

Oh! That looks awesome laugh.gif Any chance that you can tell me where to buy those? smile.gif

I also just got some new cover plates for my N3DS from Japan last week:

user posted image

^Aw both of those are cute!

I wanted limited edition Monster Hunter New 3DS but they've sold out and I don't actually have the money to drop on it.

I ended up downloading the demo anyway since I still had a code, so I'll test it out.

Even though, dual blades 4 life

Dat 'Jho doe!

Bowing (Archery?) makes me sad now. The new controls feel awkward being so used to the old ones. The new charge just feels so weird. I was hoping we could keep a vertical bombing type charge shot, since we have a lot more cliffs and ledges. Imagine killing a Tigrex on a cliff above you and slowly climbing up to carve it xd.png

Dat 'Jho doe!

Bowing (Archery?) makes me sad now. The new controls feel awkward being so used to the old ones. The new charge just feels so weird. I was hoping we could keep a vertical bombing type charge shot, since we have a lot more cliffs and ledges. Imagine killing a Tigrex on a cliff above you and slowly climbing up to carve it xd.png

Yeah I feel the same and every bow player I asked said so, too. However there is only that lvl2 charge bow in the demo so i hope there will be different ones in the final game... Since My most played weapon in 3U was the bow I really hope that I can get used to the new mechanics.

I wanted limited edition Monster Hunter New 3DS but they've sold out and I don't actually have the money to drop on it.

Gamestop sold out of those so fast it made my head spin. Even an employee I spoke to wasn't able to reserve one for himself. I thought about trying to find one, but since it came with the game pre-loaded I decided against it. I like having the physical cartridge.

I'll reserve my copy of MH4U in February. I've resolved not to touch MH again for my 3DS until the new one comes out with the C-Stick. I'm tired of holding the screen with my finger to focus the camera on monsters.

Well it actually (at least in the US) didn't sell out all that fast (in comparison to the Majora's Mask one), it was up for a couple days.

I just knew that it was highly unlikely that I'd have the money for it by the shipping date so I didn't preorder.

I did get the collector's edition of the game, and it's already been paid for so I'll get that one regardless.

I imagine the c-stick will help tremendously with the vertical element now.

I've resolved not to touch MH again for my 3DS until the new one comes out with the C-Stick. I'm tired of holding the screen with my finger to focus the camera on monsters.

No Target Cam?

KingZanto: Sadly I have no idea where he got it, he was on vacation in Japan with his wife and nabbed it while he was there. All I know is he had some difficulty deciding whether he wanted to get me a figurine or the Jho plush, until he realized the plushie had tiny adorable little arms.

But GGGHGHHG I'm jealous. If they released the small one in NA I would've gotten that just for the interchangeable faceplates. Have you seen the poogie ones? :3

Re: Bow mechanics, I'm told you can change it back to classic mode via settings. Being unable to read Japanese, I can't open up my import to confirm how.

-----

I've resolved not to touch MH again for my 3DS until the new one comes out with the C-Stick.

The N3DS is launching in NA the same day as MH4U, isn't it? I have a limited edition one on preorder myself.

Edited by Lythiaren

Controls can change, but the new guide and charge shots won't.

But, raw bows apparently got a huge buff, making them the 2nd best weapon in the game.

KingZanto: Sadly I have no idea where he got it, he was on vacation in Japan with his wife and nabbed it while he was there. All I know is he had some difficulty deciding whether he wanted to get me a figurine or the Jho plush, until he realized the plushie had tiny adorable little arms.

But GGGHGHHG I'm jealous. If they released the small one in NA I would've gotten that just for the interchangeable faceplates. Have you seen the poogie ones? :3

Okay thank you smile.gif Maybe I will find it somewhere laugh.gif

Yes I was not sure which of those two I should take but decided on the one I got obviously. They both are absolutely great tho biggrin.gif Will you not get the small N3DS in NA at all? Both the XL and the small one launch next week here in Europe. There will also be two more MH4U faceplates available then. However I preordered the XL Bundle so I will pass on those smile.gif

Well if the bow really is that strong I might give it a try again. As I said I loved it in 3U so I would love to use it in 4U again, too.

According to my contact at Nintendo, there are currently no plans to release the small N3DS. ;;

That's correct. My speculation is they apparently they believe all NA people have big hands and can't use the small N3DS ;_;

I really have no idea why, they could have totally capitalized on the face plates. I'd buy a bunch, I like the idea of changing what's on the cover of the system without adding a sticker or damaging it or something like that.

So now it's finally this week and I sold things that put me at the point where I could have bought the Limted Edition MH4U New 3DS but I was too paranoid to preorder if I didn't have enough.

Alas.

Yeah, not releasing the regular N3DS in NA is a pretty stupid decision on Nintendo's part :/ With luck and enough outcry, they'll change their minds...

I've been playing the 4U demo since its release on the eshop and I've got to admit, that insect glaive is FUN. I don't give a darn that it's 'OP' and the 'new overused weapon like the longsword', I just have so much fun with how uniquely it functions! Definitely my mained weapon for this game.

Gore's rather a pushover in the solo demo, I've gotta say.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

No Target Cam?

I do use it, but the camera doesn't auto-target even with a Paintball on the monster. I don't have a Circle Pad Pro, so unless I physically keep a finger on my touch screen it doesn't work.

Lyth, yes, it is, and I've already pre-ordered both it and MH4U. I can't wait to play it. Congrats on snagging the limited edition 3DS, it was already gone by the time I tried to buy it. I was *super* fortunate to be able to get the MM limited edition instead.

I had always intended to get the new 3DS in XL, so I wasn't too disappointed Nintendo made that decision. I'm baffled as to why they did it, they could make so much money releasing both. I believe you can mod a 3DS, so you can go that route if you can find someone reputable to mod it, but still.

Hello, I am new to the Monster Hunter series.

I was coaxed into it by a friend after months of them dumping videos and info of the game on me. I started playing Monster Hunter 3 months ago, didn't play much because I am largely unmotivated for most things (started playing quite frequently then stopped suddenly and pretty much never picked it up again), and I knew there was no way in the seven hells that I would be able to catch up with my friend so I could hunt with him on his level. I'm excited for monster hunter 4, for the fresh start to hunt with people and for the sheer amount of detail they seem to always put in their games.

I'm mostly here to see if I can find some willing hunting companions...

The easiest way to do it is to just use the chat room to share Hall IDs.

Anyone else finding the low rank insanely easy? I just coasted all the way up to the Gore Magala in the starter armor and only the supply items. Though Capcom's starter pack gift is pretty nice.

(For those who don't know, we have a patch in the e-shop. After you patch, you can download this insanely big gift from Capcom with like 50 mega potions, psychoserums, traps, well-done steaks, etc.)

I thought it was really easy too? It picked up a bit once I reached the Felyne island (flippin' Khezu) but even the Gravios I'm dealing with right now is pretty easy for something that's bounce city.

That's correct. My speculation is they apparently they believe all NA people have big hands and can't use the small N3DS ;_;

I really have no idea why, they could have totally capitalized on the face plates. I'd buy a bunch, I like the idea of changing what's on the cover of the system without adding a sticker or damaging it or something like that.

So now it's finally this week and I sold things that put me at the point where I could have bought the Limted Edition MH4U New 3DS but I was too paranoid to preorder if I didn't have enough.

Alas.

You could probably order a custom gel/casing for the "NEW 3DSXL" after they come out (No idea when or if the old 3DSXL casings work) and then stickerfy that couldn't you?

I like Monster hunter a lot, only own MH3U but have loved every second of it and still do. Currently don't have enough moolah to purchase the NEW 3DSXL :C I got a demo code and loaded it up on my brother's 3DS, looked alright, graphics weren't as wonderful as I expected (Might just be the demo/lesser 3DS compatibility I don't know) Also could be because I'm spoiled by the HD graphics from the Wii U xd.png

I thought it was really easy too? It picked up a bit once I reached the Felyne island (flippin' Khezu) but even the Gravios I'm dealing with right now is pretty easy for something that's bounce city.

Ikr? At this point I'm debating just going for costume armors. Gore has terrible defenses, but putting everything up a sharpness level and looking badass the whole time kinda balances it out...

And everything's been scaled down material wise, too! The Rathian switchaxe only took me a cap and a hunt to make, while in 3U it took four or five caps just to get one marrow. I wonder if Capcom seriously underestimates us or something.

I know they aimed to make the game easier for newcomers but it only took me five Najaralas for its weapon and armour set and even the four Gores I needed to hunt for its weapon took less than an hour. But I have also heard that online it becomes one of the hardest MH games out there, moreso than Freedom Unite. I guess I'll find out eventually.

Edit: Case in point, just took down an infected Tigrex and Shagaru Magala in under twenty minutes each, with one cart for the latter.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Well, I just beat Gogmazios online and got the Bronze G crown and I have to say that it is NOT as hard as Freedom Unite in my opinion. At least not the "normal" monsters. I have not done any online Apex ones so they may be more difficult tho. However it is so much fun. I really like the new mounting and climbing features and all those monsters. I still have not fought all of them smile.gif

By the way I found a place where you can buy those Deviljho plushies. They even sell Rathian ones which are almost as cute BUT while searching I came across something else which I had to get so I had to pass on the Jho one. However, look at this:

user posted image

Best thing: It can WALK when you put batteries in it and plays that "Poogie Song" from Monster Hunter while doing it xd.png

Edited by KingZanto

A newer fan of MH, I hope to get Ultimate 4 at some point soon, just so I can watch the Zamtrios and its subspecies. Lol, Rollin' Shark. Zamtrios is my absolute favorite monster in the entire MH series.