Yubelchen

Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter 4 is the newest one for the 3DS, but I don't know if/when that will see a western release.

Monster Hunter 4G will be released next year for the West.

And I bought Monster Hunter 4 JUST before Capcom announced Monster Hunter 4G too... Well, at least I can transfer my Monster Hunter 4 save file over to Monster Hunter 4G.

I just started playing the Monster Hunter series and I'm really enjoying it so far! It's really fun especially when you're playing online! biggrin.gif

Thank you for that update, ranger! I waited over a year for 3G to make it to the west, I'm happy to see 4G coming instead of 4, then 4G, so we get the director's cut right away.

Oh I'm really looking forward to fighting Nerusukyura =D Also Goa Magara, Garara Ajara, Dara Amadyura, Teostra, Fatalis, Kirin... 4 already has more monsters that 3U and 4G will undoubtedly have more. The new weapons also look interesting to use. I'm taking up the insect staff!

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Goa Magara is really no big deal until he hits berserker mode. Then have fun managing feral wyvern virus because it will hit you a lot and you will spend half the quest going "why are you flying away I just want my buff :C" or trying to pole vault for a grapple and getting knocked out of the air by a roar. VIDEO GAME PHYSICS!

Well, roars or your online teammates not realizing you're in grapple mode and knocking you off.

Prepare for parties of 3 insect staffs and the fourth person going "oh no why" while they twirl impotently at the wyvern's feet because they don't know how to use the insect part of the staff. Or not knowing how to grapple. Or both. I've encountered these and I can't tell you how many times I've been the only person who knows how to upside-down Gravios rodeo. And these are people from Japan! Who can actually read the instructions! ;;

Edited by Lythiaren

I'm looking forward to Goa Magara mostly because of design. He looks like How to Train Your Dragon's Toothless. A really evil, nasty Toothless. Monster Hunter style.

I'm probably not going into online until I'm fairly confident with my skills. I've had some horrible run-ins with elitists over MH sites and they've pushed me to the point where I have trouble just talking about the game with others for fear I sound like an absolute noob. 630+ hours in MH3U and I'm only just beginning to think that my longsword skills are good enough for online which, of course, my game doesn't have. XD

Am I the only one looking forward to the charge axe?

I mean it has both cutting and impact damage, can KO enemies and it can block while having good mobility? And it has the same explosions that made me love the switch axe.

I'm also look forward to dancing with Tigrex again, not to mention fighting the rare version of it.

I've played MH3U. My brother and I tried to fight a qurupeco as the first monster. When we still had starter gear. We failed of course. After that, we took out an Arzuros. The feeling of beating your first monster can't compare. The triumph and pride of it is immense.

Am I the only one looking forward to the charge axe?

I mean it has both cutting and impact damage, can KO enemies and it can block while having good mobility? And it has the same explosions that made me love the switch axe.

I'm also look forward to dancing with Tigrex again, not to mention fighting the rare version of it.

You'll probably love infested Tigrex. That thing is a MONSTER and I love it. :DDDD

user posted image

Just got these two in the mail today =D

Edit:

user posted image

Got this guy too.

trailer was released.

I am so hyped for this! I was dearly hoping they'd bring back both Monoblos and the old desert theme, the trailer confirms Monoblos and I doubt they'd use the old theme if they weren't bring it back! >w< Daimyo Hermitaur, Cephadrome, Diablos, sO MANY NEW SUBSPECIES. I kinda hope they've also brought back Ukanlos, Lunastra and White Fatalis seeing as they're basically copies of Akantor and Teostra respectively - White Fatalis I guess is quite different to the other two Fatalis with his moveset, but I could be wrong.

I wonder if Black Diablos is there? What if it can get infected? Monsters infected with the Wyvern virus are faster and stronger, Black Diablos is already really fast and powerful, throw G-Rank on top of that...

2015 cannot come soon enough.

I a bit freaked out for an Infected Jhen...whatever the new species related to the Jhen moran is called.

I like the new weapon and jumping mechanic

The monsters look like they are going to be HUGE this time.

The ginormous ones are always my favorite!

I very much want to play it.... but why on the Ds, and not on the Xbox or Ps.

I very much want to play it.... but why on the Ds, and not on the Xbox or Ps.

Capcom moved the series to Nintendo platforms because the development cost was less. I think they said something like developing for other platforms cost ten times more?

As somebody who doesn't have a PS or Xbox, I'm very much thankful for the choice.

I a bit freaked out for an Infected Jhen...whatever the new species related to the Jhen moran is called.

I highly doubt Daren Mohran's gonna get infected. IIRC, elder dragons can't be.

I just started playing MH3U on the 3DS. It's pretty fun but Lagiacrus scared the heck out of me on the monster guts quest. I still need to carve one more but I had to pause because I was like nope nope nope nope.

Do any of you have circle pad pro for this game? Does it help? I'm finding the water stuff to be a little difficult because of trying to navigate camera with my thumb on the screen/messing with the d-pad, and I didn't know if buying the circle pad would help out a bit.

The circle pad most definitely helps, but it may be useful to also adapt to life without it. Sometimes it gets left at home for assorted reasons (forgetting, too bulky, etc). Once you get the hang of things it gets easier and more automatic to navigate no matter how you've set it up.

That's true. I have gotten the hang of just using my right thumb to try and move the camera when I'm swimming.

I also got the hang of running in, killing one of the nessies (that's what I call them) carving it quick trying to get monster guts, and then running away like crazy so I don't encounter lagiacrus before going back into the area and attempting again if I don't get the guts. So I finished that quest and now I'm on to new things.

Thanks rampaging_wyvern, for the trailer. I'm so happy western audiences are getting 4G instead of 4 and 4G, like what happened with Tri. Many parts of 3U feel repetitive to me because I've already experienced Tri. I'm very excited about a subspecies of Diablos; as if regular Diablos wasn't bad enough.

Lady, you get used to playing with your thumb on the camera. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the main benefit of the Circle Pad Pro was freeing up the camera control, which is helpful when fighting harder monsters.

I haven't played 3U in awhile, I beat Gobul and left it for a bit. After coming back to this thread, though, I want to return to it.

I play without a circle pad pro. Underwater's a pain but it's manageable.

When I first saw the Lagiacrus I went up to him and gave him a few jabs with my weapon xd.png Deviljho was the one who scared me most - even now I still just want him to get away if he comes in when I'm dealing with a particularly finicky monster. Yesterday my sister and I encountered our first random-encounter Savage Deviljho and I went and lopped off his tail.

Purpledragonclaw, I believe Capcom said that Western audiences will from now on be getting the G/U version of each game. And Monoblos isn't a subspecies - he's his own species, showing up alongside Diablos in the very first game. His subspecies is White Monoblos, like Diablos has Black Diablos. I wonder if both subs are showing up in 4G? /shudders bad memories from double Black Diablos quest

I play without a circle pad pro. Underwater's a pain but it's manageable.

Me too, I don't even find underwater a pain at all.

Part of me hopes that elder dragons can be infected.

I kinda rage quit because the nibble snarf kept killing me, but I beat it. I'm doing the part where I need Cha-Cha's special mask now. I just need one more lagiacrus scale, and I can progress! My brother stopped playing a while ago, and is moderately noob. But I'm going to walk him through until he gets strong enough to handle himself against a lagiacrus.

Edited by Melomancer

Purpledragonclaw, I believe Capcom said that Western audiences will from now on be getting the G/U version of each game. And Monoblos isn't a subspecies - he's his own species, showing up alongside Diablos in the very first game. His subspecies is White Monoblos, like Diablos has Black Diablos. I wonder if both subs are showing up in 4G? /shudders bad memories from double Black Diablos quest

From a development standpoint I can see how it would save money to just bring out the director's cut version of the game instead of the regular release and the director's cut.

That huge Diablos-looking monster with the solo spike on its head is Monoblos?? Thanks for the correction, it looks much worse than Diablos. My first exposure to the franchise was Tri, so I assumed it was a subspecies of Diablos. Black Diablos I haven't heard of, I'll have to do some research about her; great, she's in Tri Ultimate! I can't wait to fight her.

I hope they put as many subspecies as they can into this game, I enjoyed the ones I've seen so far in Tri Ultimate.

Black Diablos is terrifying and you will curse her torpedo attack til the end of days.

She was so much easier to fight in MH1 (back when she couldn't BREAK ALL THE LEDGES) and Four Horns was STILL one of the most hated quests. T_T

Edited by Lythiaren

My first MH game was 3 Ultimate, but I love reading probably far too much about the series and knowing about these old monsters xd.png

Oh dear lord that torpedo attack... Comes in three delicious flavours. Burrowing and jumping out - this one's fairly easy to avoid if you 'dive jump' at the right time as she gives ample warning, burrowing and jumping out without any warning and lastly several variations of causing an earthquake and stopping you from moving (unless you have tremor res), rendering you completely helpless while she runs you through in a variety of unpleasant and often 1HKO moves.

I'm doing to double Black Diablos quest Death's Embrace a lot now since I'm trying to find a gold crown large record Dx

The tremor spam one is the one I get the most. ow my :(

Oh man if you like reading up on old content, I bet you've gone through people's WoLaS horror stories. People who managed it without help earned some sort of divine right to tell people to "just hit it til it stops moving".

Kind of hard when I'm trying to dodge Silver Rathalos' claw/fireball AND Gold Rathian backflips at the same time because it was an arena quest. I could never do enough damage to take one or the other down in the span of 5 flashbombs and a pitfall, much less getting all the carves, but some people did and I'm forever wondering howwwww. D:

I only managed it when I took out a Gypceros blade and ran around on the ledge hitting their wings and flailing like a madman.

Edited by Lythiaren