Yubelchen

Monster Hunter

Wow hating on the Wii much. I have to say being a MH1 Vet it does have the better controls. Plus the best feature FREE HUNT.

So enough putting the Wii verson down. Has anyone made a sweet armor set. I made a altered Lagi + armor with Great luck ,awaken, and Element up and Status Down.

Sadly I can't play online, stupid dial up sleep.gif but that's another story xd.png

Anyway, the best I have is the highest armour from the final monster, that huge one that's the easiest thing to kill next to Jaggi breed tongue.gif The hardest part was farming the stupid thing for Deep Dragon Gems a dozens time before I got two, one for the chest plate of its armour and the other for the Switch Axe is has smile.gif

On Unite, though, I'm loving the Bows, stay back and slaughter, you simply can't go wrong(well, you can, but I'm not admitting to it ^____^). Expensive to keep going having to keep it stocked with arrows, but wow is it fun. ahaha I had a... crap... what's that creep looking blind things name that can come in a really small size and uses electric attacks? ... meh, anyway, I had it get caught up on some terrier feature while I was one level above so I got to sit back and just pick it off at an easy rate laugh.gif

Yea, I still play. I've been trying to get a good friend of mine to start playing with me again. I need a rathian ruby for my next fire weapon. Currently HR39. I'll let you know my info later.

once again, because the playstation 2 controller is SO different from the CCP it makes it automagicly better and makes the game play x1000 times better right?

actually they put it on the wii because they knew itd sell better, and it it did. although, i bet the fact it was somewhat cheaper also played a small hand in it

If you'd actually done the research you'd know that Capcom had originally wanted it on PS3 as a very early title on the console, but could not due to the massively high cost of the devkit. The Wii was merely more cost effective because they could drop several aspects out of the equation entirely, like upgrading the graphics engine. The decision had nothing to do with projected sales and everything to do with budget; many MH fans dropped out of the fandom because of the move, and others felt like we were being forced to buy a Wii.

Edited by Lythiaren

Its hard to argue with someone whos right, then says in the next sentence a statement such as "many MH fans dropped out of the fandom because of the move, and others felt like we were being forced to buy a Wii. ".

Yeah thats hard to belive rolleyes.gif. If anything it got more people to play. Think about it. the PS3 what is it like still 399 or something like that while the Wii is 149 yeah if anything more people are likely to own a Wii then the Ps3. So I think Capcom went with the sure thing. Plus there is one for the 360 so it just might be sony's problem not capcom.

=_=

You didn't read the announcements back when the news was hot. Capcom wanted very dearly to put it on PS3. The Wii version cut so many corners for the budget it's not even funny; even the cinematics were lower quality than the original version and that was an early PS2 game. The new musical score is lacklustre, they connect to the Nintendo networks that ban you for literally eight thousand years if you're even suspected of using a modded console, and the design department in general is clearly shoddy when you consider how the franchise had built a reputation for gorgeous environments and creature design in addition to challenging encounters. Instead of rough wilderness you're greeted with shiny rounded corners. You don't write that off as "it was a design choice", extremely shiny models are the mark of really bad modelling and it's slapped on after they produced very good modelling in the previous games. They cut so much and it shows. The game is bad, and the sudden drop in quality drove fans off. I only have it because my dad already had a Wii, and then when I played it, not even the thrill of fighting an angry Rathian in my underwear with a low tier sword was fun anymore. I had to put it down after two weeks.

The Wii is cheap because Nintendo is cheap. I know a lot of people who bought a Wii for MH3, and were very promptly disappointed. Their Wii libraries still consist of the one game, and the consoles have been gathering dust for a year now. I will stick with my PSP version. That one at least still had quality in it.

Edited by Lythiaren

There is not much of a diff. I just think hes pissed because it not on his fave system or something. Dude let it go its on the Wii and not the PS3. There is nothing you or I can do about it. Unless some off chance you somehow get some pull over at capcom there is noting your complainig is going to do. If you want to play on a tiny screen with fewer buttons fin by me. I'm going to hunt on the BIG screen my TV. Cheers Mate biggrin.gif

You misunderstand. I'm pissed because Capcom made all the wrong decisions regarding MH3 and made it into a clunky game on a console that never bothered to take advantage of high def, and let Monster Hunter lose nearly all of the feel it once had. I can play MHFU on my own gigantic screen through the magic of an HDMI cable, thanks, and it will look good. If I want to see every bloody pixel in town I'll turn on my Wii. And while I fight using my PSP I can listen to proper tribal hunting music that's heavy on brass and heavy on drums, rather than this orchestral stringy swill. Your incessant Nintendo fanboying is exactly the kind of thing we did not have in the MH fandom prior to MH3. The franchise suffers because it's not on the system it was optimized for. If it was made for Xbox and it stayed there I wouldn't complain, and I don't even have one. The fact that it changed consoles at all is where the bad comes in.

And by the way, since you've made it absolutely clear that you aren't even looking at my posts beyond "Oh it's that name again", I guess I need to inform you that I'm a chick. Maybe if you actually paid attention instead of assuming it's a Sony vs. Nintendo rant you'd know that.

@chipou: Are you unable to see the excessively shiny models? Are you kidding me? Sorry, wildlife running through a dusty environment is not shiny. Compare even the Aptonoth between the two; they have eye ridges and you can see that in the lighting on MH1. MH3 one is "eye ridges what's that :V". Rathalos actually has a bumpy hide with scales in the original, and yet in the MH3 opening he's smoothed out and all his multitude of corners have been rounded off. There is also very little environmental "haze"; the stuff really far away is just as bright and saturated as the stuff in the foreground and it makes the environment confusing to the eye. The bad comes from lazy modelling. Lower resolution doesn't mean lower quality.

Edited by Lythiaren

why would there be haze when the opening takes place in a different area though? although ill rewatch the videos and look at what youve mentioned.

btw, Capcoms making monster hunter for the ipod and already made one for the 360 (which is a port of one for the pc), plus theres one for phones. its not exactly a sony exclusive.

And MHFO is PC, though strictly in Japan, and that was before MH3. Aside from that, it was a Sony exclusive until MH3, when it became a Wii exclusive. I'm all for going from an exclusive to multi-platform, but after building all your fame on one console and simply abandoning it for a completely different one is just a dick move.

The entire fandom wanted it on PS3. We were drooling all over the idea of having it all spruced up for HD, and then Capcom said "nope, too expensive, here have Wii". We got the first part. We understood expenses and we got over that. We gave the Wii a chance and it failed all our expectations. The franchise is known for a very steep learning curve, and we all had to relearn how to hunt, including trying to fight underwater without keeping an eye on the target. That's why I want to see it back on a Sony console, because that's where it's familiar and that's where much of its bewildered fanbase waits.

Also, regarding haze: why would there be no haze in the rainforest at the end? There's a bloody river in it, there's no reason there wouldn't even be any mist in there. :|

Edited by Lythiaren

I did not really pay much attention to some of your post because they read just like most of the whinny ones from Game spot and IGN. Fact is I could care less what system it is for. As long as it plays well and is online enable not really a problem. And they moved it to the Wii becasue they thought it was a right move. Look at the facts. More people weather you want to belive it or not have a Wii and not a PS3. SO Capcom thought lets put it on a system that is guarantee to make some money and get its name out there. Remember MH1 for the PS2 well it would seem when it got releashed over here not only was it not well receved but it was considered a sleeper hit. Don't belive me look it up. Ask any Gamestop or Play N trade worker and maybe 50 -50 will even know that MH came out on the PS2 first. It was not well known untill that is when it got to the PSP. But due to droping sales and the cutting off of the Online play it more then less killed MH for sony. Thats why capcom put it on the Wii. They wanted to see what Nintendo could do and dispite what you and a few others are saying Nintendo did a good job. If it do so poorly then why on earth are people still buying and playing it and the rooms and gates are so full?

Does not add up now does it?

Edited by dch75

The franchise is known for a very steep learning curve, and we all had to relearn how to hunt, including trying to fight underwater without keeping an eye on the target. That's why I want to see it back on a Sony console, because that's where it's familiar and that's where much of its bewildered fanbase waits.

Also, regarding haze: why would there be no haze in the rainforest at the end? There's a bloody river in it, there's no reason there wouldn't even be any mist in there. :|

so youre angry at a problem it wouldve had regardless of what system it would be on?

to your second point, thats not a rainforest, atleast i dont think.

anyways i honestly have no clue what youre talking about with the aptonoth, so i really cant offer a statement on that. as for the shininess, i really dont care about it.

So whats the meanist nastyest monster they had to hunt? Mine would be either Jho or Faytail

Rathalos and Tigrex, either or. Doesn't matter what weapon I use they still get to me somehow xd.png In Unite I have better luck with the bow against the Tigrex once I remember the patter and tells of its attacks tongue.gif

Oddly, I find the Rathian rather easier, I don't know why that is, their attacks are nearly identical tongue.gif

Lyth, I don't understand why you're hung up on a few less than desirable visual traits.

And I can see the scales and ridges on los just as easy as I could in MHFU.

You're complaining about something so insignificant that I can't help but wonder if this is more of a Wii rant than a complaint about the actual game.

I'm not going to sit here and say that MH3 was flawless or that it was even the best in the series, but surely it's not worth this kind of ranting.

Btw, I bought the Wii for this game, and I haven't bought another game yet for it. Although I am considering mario cart.

PC gaming all the way.

If you want the whole thing in a bloody nutshell, it's bad because the execution was bad. Instead of staying where they already knew how to program all the stuff they wanted, they had to restring everything for a completely different console. That their graphics team was reduced to remodeling everything into rounded corners just makes it worse. >(

By the way guys, I bit the bullet and tried the iPhone version. It's even worse. Sure they brought back the original ingame models but combat is just you against the boss and all the attack cues have had blinking lights attached to them so there's nothing to watch for. You're always in the thing's face, the controls are about as finnicky as the iPhone can get (hi I'm trying to block WHY AM I CHARGING MY LASER SWORD WHEN I HAVE TWO FINGERS ON THE BLOODY SCREEN) and there's no strategy involved to speak of, not even when it comes to what items to bring because that's all preloaded per mission. Sure you get to pick your weapon and armor set (no mixing and matching), but that's all the customization you get. Your weapon selection is whittled down to SnS, DS, and GS. That's all. Once you finish any given mission the stage select still shows everything in silhouettes like "I wonder what that monster could be, it's certainly not the same creature you've already killed 30 times!" and it's needlessly complex to get to the shop to buy new gear because you HAVE to pick a mission before you can even look at what's available to craft. The environments vary per fight but you're always limited to the same tiny circular area of the same part of the same map every time you want to fight a given monster, so the whole spectacle could very well just be plonked in the arena. It can't even be considered a port of even a third of the original game, it's just a sparring simulator in a Monster Hunter skin. I knew from the get-go that I shouldn't expect a full port but this is just ridiculous.

CAPCOM I AM DISAPPOINT

Edited by Lythiaren

Don't know if anyone come in here but has anyone esle heard about the new monster hunter coming out for the 3DS? I don't know about this one. I think it might fail. Anyone else?

I love monster hunter and I enjoying using the duel swords

I dont know who said fatalis was hard but it really isnt

ive killed all 3 breeds with LS, knockout dragon sword to be exact

none of the monsters can really be called hard, it depends on the weapons you use

oh sorry was also talking about PSP MHFU

lol FU

any online guide says to use bows and bowguns for killing the top tier monsters and say that a fatalis can be killed in 7-8 runs with that strategy

i cut that time in half with LS

i would have to say akantor is the most difficult simply because i dont have access to any ice or water element LS's

I've been playing Monster hunter since 2004 on the PS2.. Even had a massive guild and website. Eventually when the servers went down in December 2007, I was forced to either play a new game or get a psp... So I got a PsP and I've been playing all of the monster hunter series. [Except Diaries] I still play MHFU and I'm waiting for frontier to be released on the Xbox 360. I'm HR 9 on MHFU and I've been doing ALL my G rank quests alone... which is a serious pain... but I can manage. :3

OMG yes a Monster Hunter thread!

I mostly play Freedom Unite a lot.

It's actually the most played game in my game library for my PSP.

I'm good at it.

Yet I fail a lot.

OTL

Don't know if anyone come in here but has anyone esle heard about the new monster hunter coming out for the 3DS? I don't know about this one. I think it might fail. Anyone else?

I've been following this and the 3DS is getting two Monster Hunters: 3G and 4. 3G is slated for a Europe and NA release (Europe might have happened already, not sure), and I don't know if 4 is being localized for a western audience. I'm looking forward to both. It looks like Capcom put more effort into 3G and 4 than they did for Tri.

Does Japan have something againt the US? Monster Hunter is one of my favorite Capcom games and I think its wrong that we have the first few, and won't release the new ones here

Does Japan have something againt the US? Monster Hunter is one of my favorite Capcom games and I think its wrong that we have the first few, and won't release the new ones here

It's not worth the cost of porting all the games to the US because the fanbase isn't nearly as large or fanatical on this side of the Pacific. Again, pointing at the poor execution of MH3. The marketing team dropped the ball like it was on fire and it hurt the franchise pretty bad over here.