Yubelchen

Monster Hunter

Sweet a MH thread. Bout time. I hope MH3 just comes to the Ps3. Would rather get it on that then the tiny psp.

Well its a good game its just that well. Lets take the Wii verson for example. Only like 20 or so monsters and no new events. It gets old real quick.

Event quest you know like Jump four Jaggi. You get special weapons/gear for doing them.

it had alot.png of unique events really, sadly no dlc for wii so the ones preprogrammed are the ones were stuck with. i still love minigaan

I love that one too. Beating the snot out of mini is so much fun. I do wish they would make another Monster Hunter for the Wii one day. A better one with more then just a few monsters.

well one thing tri did right was the amount of new monsters. as far as old ones go there was just the raths and diablos right?

dry.gif diablos I have no love for that monster. But they could have put that thunder wolf dragon in the Wii verson instead on the psp.

dry.gif diablos I have no love for that monster. But they could have put that thunder wolf dragon in the Wii verson instead on the psp.

you mean the new class of monster they havent invented yet? tongue.gif

either way does that mean akantor is a fanged wyvern?

I love that one too. Beating the snot out of mini is so much fun. I do wish they would make another Monster Hunter for the Wii one day. A better one with more then just a few monsters.

No more Wii ones. PLEASE. The controls are an abomination. Capcom only put MH3 on it because it was cheaper, and the player base took a massive blow because of it. Bring it back to home turf.

No more Wii ones. PLEASE. The controls are an abomination. Capcom only put MH3 on it because it was cheaper, and the player base took a massive blow because of it. Bring it back to home turf.

really? i thought the controls were good on both the wiimote (which i honestly only used for ls after i got the CCP) and the CCP. saying the CCP controls suck is akin to saying the playstation controller sucks, considering the only difference is the shape of the controller

really? i thought the controls were good on both the wiimote (which i honestly only used for ls after i got the CCP) and the CCP. saying the CCP controls suck is akin to saying the playstation controller sucks, considering the only difference is the shape of the controller

I have to agree with chipou on that, the Wii controls are near exact to what the PS3 and even the PSP(close anyway) have. Even then, the Wii has an easier time getting the camera where you want it, at least with the CCP(I can't get into use the Wimote and Nunckuk tongue.gif). The PSP, of which I have only Unite, is great fun, and tons to do, but, for me at least, is very annoying to get that camera where I need it dry.gif

That all aside, I LOVE Switch Axes, far too much to be good for me xd.png I don't care what anyone says, the ability to switch from axe to sword and do ailments at the same time is great.

Also... we must all work together to exterinate every single last Rathalos that lives, and Rathian so they can't breed. I hate those stupid monsters, probably some of the easiest ones, but I hate'em mad.gif

how wrong you are, we must exterminate the vespoids.

"lawl, imma paralyze this hunter" BZZT

it cant get any worse...

uragaan" DERP, RICK ROLLIN TIME"

OH GOD NO *squish, dead*

That's what I do for a hobby from Rathalos exterminating biggrin.gif

Oh, and wear bug repellent AKA; a bigger weapon/better armour wink.gif

Oh, and wear bug repellent AKA; a bigger weapon/better armour wink.gif

im NOT wasting time killing vespoids when theres a 3 ton bomb ****ting jay leno trying to kill me. besides, the only armor thatd help me is if i gemmed in parlays negate or whatever.

You kidding me? If you thought the PS controls were hard with the claw grip, I want to see how many ways you had to break and reform your hand to master the advanced claw grip required to use the wiimote controls with any effectiveness. CCP controls were mirror image of the PS controls, yes, except one thing. They completely disabled a feature. Trying to keep an eye out for Gigginox and Barioth while you're in the caves doing something else? Yeah, not happening.

So you have the choice between advanced claw grip, and not being able to see in caves. Good job.

Edited by Lythiaren

I think they should make another for Wii. They did a great job with Tri. Fluid controls, good online and solid external community. My favorite thing was how every new monster FELT like a new monster. In MHFU the monsters had simpler A.I. and many subspecies and monster archetypes. However, in Tri every monster has unique and more realistic programming. Really Immersing.

every monster felt like a new monster because well, besides three they all were. tbh they should have a subspecies for each monster that handels a different element like P3rd in each game now. itd reduce the chance of tri happening again (and by that i mean ice and thunder being used by like 1 monster each)

and oh please, like putting it on one of the most uncomfortable controllers known to man with a similar button layout would automagicly solve everything.

Edited by chipou

Wow hating on the Wii much. I have to say being a MH1 Vet it does have the better controls. Plus the best feature FREE HUNT.

So enough putting the Wii verson down. Has anyone made a sweet armor set. I made a altered Lagi + armor with Great luck ,awaken, and Element up and Status Down.

Edited by dch75

I have MHF one and two, but it is sooo hard, because i'm a begginner. The only things that I have killed was a Yian Kut Ku in training grounds and over a 100 killings of Giadrome and Vespoids. The Daimyo Hermituar scares me a whole lot cause of its shell on its back. Also, i've killed 3 Bulldromes. The Congalala in the training ground I almost killed that but it belly flopped me. I was thinking about Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii, but I need suggestions. Can anyone help?

I have MHF one and two, but it is sooo hard, because i'm a begginner. The only things that I have killed was a Yian Kut Ku in training grounds and over a 100 killings of Giadrome and Vespoids. The Daimyo Hermituar scares me a whole lot cause of its shell on its back. Also, i've killed 3 Bulldromes. The Congalala in the training ground I almost killed that but it belly flopped me. I was thinking about Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii, but I need suggestions. Can anyone help?

If you got a Wii you might as well get it. Its like the only other good game on it besides Smash.

and oh please, like putting it on one of the most uncomfortable controllers known to man with a similar button layout would automagicly solve everything.

Uncomfortable my foot. I've played the original MH on PS2 before; if having all the buttons on your controller easily accessible/usable at the same time without being a mutant is "uncomfortable" then you have some strange notions of ergonomics. I've used the claw grip on the PSP Go of all things; hunting is difficult on that thing only because of the angle demanded of the left hand. Any hunter worth their salt will tell you, you need to keep an eye on your target at all times; you can't dodge an attack if you don't catch the cue. The ability to change your camera angle on the go is an absolute necessity. The controls on the 3D plane were a failure for that reason.

The one and only reason it wasn't on PS3 was because it cost too much money. They didn't bother upgrading the graphics, they went with subpar controls, their encounter design was shoddy, and they lost their multiplayer network when their original host for MH1 jumped ship and took all the hardware with him. The entire game suffered from the Wii decision. I'll stick with XLink Kai for online multiplayer. On my Sony console, where Monster Hunter belongs.

Edited by Lythiaren

Uncomfortable my foot.  I've played the original MH on PS2 before; if having all the buttons on your controller easily accessible/usable at the same time without being a mutant is "uncomfortable" then you have some strange notions of ergonomics.  [/i].

once again, because the playstation 2 controller is SO different from the CCP it makes it automagicly better and makes the game play x1000 times better right?

actually they put it on the wii because they knew itd sell better, and it it did. although, i bet the fact it was somewhat cheaper also played a small hand in it

once again, because the playstation 2 controller is SO different from the CCP it makes it automagicly better and makes the game play x1000 times better right?

actually they put it on the wii because they knew itd sell better, and it it did. although, i bet the fact it was somewhat cheaper also played a small hand in it

Agreed also the fact that tri is sort of a reboot to the MH series. Thats why some of the old monsters got a huge change like los. His name might have been king of the sky back on the PS2 but as we all know he did not do as much in the air as he does now. Now its more of a challange to fight because he hovors and shoot fireballs from the sky. And hard controls? Are you using the classic or the pro? If your using the pro for the Wii then you might need to get your hands looked at. If you compair the PS2 and the Wii Controler pro they more or less are the same. Cept the Wii one is bulker and the PS2 is slim.