Yubelchen

Monster Hunter

'The rewards from high rank Mizutsune are generous 8)))' I say with intense sarcasm.

Claws are somehow tough enough to get as it is, I just need this high rank set before I go diving into HR 6...

'The rewards from high rank Mizutsune are generous 8)))' I say with intense sarcasm.

Claws are somehow tough enough to get as it is, I just need this high rank set before I go diving into HR 6...

I know that feel. If you're looking for the regular mizu claw and not claw+, you're farming low rank and breaking her nails. Forever.

Desire Sensor is a fickle creature. :(

Edited by Lythiaren

I'm glad I got mizu's normal armor. The grind for upgrades were real. My real problem now is getting good charms during Coal Hearted. Sometimes I wish they had a G rank in generations so i can get enduring charms...

As a side note prowlers are op (especially when there's a whole team with BigPierce rangs).

BigPierce rang cats are SS tier

Fugitive is my go-to palico for high rank things. I equipped her with a hellblade weapon and it make things go boom

Silverwind Nargacuga is becoming more and more of a nuisance. Into high rank Deviants now and it's a chore, but dammit I love the armour. Crouching and spinning rapidly on the spot makes that scarf defy gravity.

'scuse the double post, but I really wanted to let people know that

Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) has been announced for release in Japan next year.

I saw that, and I truly hope Capcom brings both it and Monster Hunter stories to western audiences.

I've just started Prowler tutorial quests and agree they're boring. The thrill of hunting without a Hunter is making up for it for now. I want better armor for my Palico, though, before I attempt taking down carnivores like Great Maccao. Herbivores are easy. smile.gif

Running my high-high rank palicoes Shinigami and Fugitive (they got all the cool Deviant stuff), my sister and I took down our first Amatsumagatsuchi. It took absolutely FOREVER. But I scored a Heavenly Dragongem.

I love the palico weapon but the negative affinity puts me off making it.

I swear playing with Shinigami as my Prowler just ups my chances of getting rare stuff. First a Rathalos Ruby, then two Glavenus Fire Orbs from one monster, and now the Dragongem. In one night.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

I'm a new member to the MH family :') A friend recommended I get MH4 Ultimate for my 3DS so we could play together; I was really surprised by the quality of the game :0 The amount of playable content is crazy. It's definitely a franchise I'll be keeping my eye on~

It is nigh impossible for me to find that perfect assist palico. Just wish it would spawn with Emergency Escape, Big rangs, Earplugs and Boomerang Pro. Then all I'd need to do is teach it Piercing rangs and Last Stand. Don't want to tech it World's Strongest yet because for some reason I find the defense and attack boosts aren't that much at only level 25. I read that leveling them up quick requires me to go do a level 10 Deadeye Garuga, which I haven't bothered fighting at all because of disdain for normal Garuga...

Also I've been trying to make some decent mixed sets. Since I'm merely a plebian, I don't have access to deviant skills thanks to my terrible ability to git gud at soloing them later in their quest chain for mats and tickets to upgrade. I'm really enjoying SnS a lot more than I did in the previous two games.

Would very much desire double cross to have a western release. I'm hopeful it'll be a dlc download, but with so much knew stuff coming it will likely be a new game entirely. I heard data transfers are possible but some things, like guild card rewards or monster data, won't be transferred.

They're making a Monster Hunter movie.

Done by the same guy who did the awful Resident Evil movies.

I read the articles with their plans. It looks like he didn't even get an unpaid intern to watch a few hours of lets plays or do any research on the game at all.

capcom no

Edited by Lythiaren

-> saw promo image the day the movie was announced

...maybe it's an event quest rathalos. It's freaking HUGE.

I hate the plot already.

I figured Capcom learned from Resident Evil not to get into the movie business, but I guess I was wrong.

I'm not looking forward to it.

Third trailer for MHXX dropped the other day, the teaser at the end has me absolutely excited. Pls give us a western release Capcom. I want Palico hunter arts.

In other news, I met a hacker during online play. Let's just say, I went up like five HRs in half an hour... and it got boring pretty darn fast. Hilarious, though.

How have I not heard of XX? *watches all the trailers*

Oh gosh, I'm going to have nightmares about that new Diablos. I still have yet to cut off one's tail, and I'm a Great Sword user. And I can tell already that Barfalk is going to be nasty.

Monster Hunter Stories for the west announced in the Nintendo Direct today! biggrin.gif For fall 2017.

Edited by suskekun222

Monster Hunter Stories for the west announced in the Nintendo Direct today! biggrin.gif For fall 2017.

violently contains hype

it's time...

I'm so looking forward to catching taming all the monsters and making them fight. But please let me just have the option to have a regular Felyne with me if I want - can't stand the stylised one.

I want to befriend all the monsters!! Stories undersold in Japan, so I was very worried we wouldn't see a western release. Worries appeased!

Rampaging wyvern, we should hunt again sometime. smile.gif

*bounces*

Just send me a PM anytime!

I found out that you can customise your little 'monsties' to have different moves, elements or something akin to that? My god I can't wait. pet evil pickle.

Very lightly, but yes. It's taken a back seat to Pokemon Sun and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest.

Is anyone else as excited about Monster Hunter World as I am? That T-rex wyvern looks fearsome.

I absolutely can't wait for World. It stunned me at the Sony E3 and I've been hyped about it ever since. I can't wait for no loading screens between areas! I do hope they fix Rathalos' tail though, in the demo it looks strange... like it's being strung along by his body instead of being part of his body. 

Been playing 4U recently to finally finish the story but hit a brick wall, so I'm focusing on relearning my weapon. Haven't been doing enough combos so I kept having to abandon to avoid timing out on any quest that counts towards progression. Long road ahead, but worth it.

I'm just gonna leave this here. c:

WAXP4skb.jpg

Nice! Did you get the rest in the set?

I'm hoping they release those in America. I know amiibos aren't region-locked, but I'm trying to keep my collection from the same region.

And I'm here, playing MHPortable 3rd in my PSP and wishing Capcom stop being stupid and announce XX for the west already...
Dunno, after reading about all XX goodness, can't bring myself to play X (Generations) again.

Edited by Neo Metal Sonic

I'm having so much fun with the MH Stories demo ;0; I only wish it had every monster that ever featured in the main series... and an option to be free from Navirou.