Yubelchen

Monster Hunter

I mained Dual Blades and the Light Bowgun when I played 4, so I'm considering trying a different weapon this time. I'd like to try a Bow and maybe the Insect Glaive.

Also the new monsters are preeeeeetty, makes me guilty to kill them....for like a second xd.png

hype hype hype HYPE HYPE HYPE

I'm in love with the adept longsword. I barely notice I don't have the full spirit combo now, I never used it excessively in older games.

Prefer guild style SnS though. I like my X and A combos and charge attack :u

Wanted to download at midnight, turns out it's launching at eShop rollover instead. Hopefully I'll be able to hook my DS up to the wifi at work in 10.5 hours, I guess.

Edited by Lythiaren

I have wasted a dozen hours already hahaha I think I have the foreseeable months set.

Great Maccao is an adorable thing.

Took me forever but I made a full Maccao getup. The Shiny beetles were a pain in the neck to find.....But I look fabulous xd.pngc Decided to main the Bow this time, working out pretty well.

I finally got my copy of Monster Hunter Generations today.Walmart only had 4 copies of the game come in and I was one of the people who got it smile.gif. I haven't gotten very far yet, I have to work tonight and won't get a chance to play it. I'll probably stick with my Switch Axe, it was my main weapon back in MH4U.

My copy won't come in until Thursday, I can't wait to get to it. I may try the Long Sword again, the Great Sword was my favorite weapon from 3G.

Prowlers make all gathering so easy wheeeee o/`

Loving the number of locations in the game, and that they brought back monsters I haven't seen in a long time.

Mizutsune and Astalos look so incredibly beautiful omg <3 And having the Adept style means I'm no longer about trying to find armour that can handle Evasion +1, Earplugs and Speed Sharpening all at once. I can find something that pleases me very much aesthetically nearly regardless of cons. I haven't even moved on from this incredibly weak armour yet because monsters just can't touch me :'D

Anyone know when you start getting armor sphere +? The stinking Nibelsnarf and Khezu keep kicking my butt and I want to upgrade my armor but I haven't been able to get the spheres or the materials to make them.

I only started getting Armor Sphere+ when I got to Hunter Rank 3. I've barely touched the 'story' of the game and have been trying to get my Hunter Rank up. No idea when you can get them from Village Quests.

I figured out I wasn't far enough along to mine them, I haven't reached the Volcano yet xd.png

I did at least get some better armor, made from monkeys......eeeeevil monkeys.

You can also buy Armor Sphere+ from the Trader as well. They are sold for 300 Wycademy points. I'm not sure when it unlocks though, I just noticed when I was going to check on Villager Quests tongue.gif.

Well Zinogre is just as awesome as ever. It is my favorite monster, too bad I have to kill it to wear its skin xd.png.

Palico confirmed best weapon.

My two best cats, Gundham and Zerureusu, just took down an Astalos alongside my sister's cats.

Poor monsters can barely hit these slippery little demons.

Well I made it to Hunter Rank 4 last night. That Nakarkos Urgent was a pain in the ass. I didn't know how to repel it, the first time I fought it I ran out of time. I had to resort to watching a video on YouTube to figure out how to win. I beat it in 35 minutes the second time around.

Other than that pain in the butt, it's been going great. I've been focusing on using my Prowler a lot more than my hunter. I currently have the Teostra set equipped at the moment. I was glad that I got enough parts, that fight got a bit annoying because I was underprepared xd.png.

Edited by Storm_Dragoon

Oh man forgot to check to see if anyone was playing Gen!

I've been loving playing as Prowler. It's simpler since you don't have item use, but challenging since they don't hit as hard as the hunters do.

Also I just like playing as a cat with a sword xd.png

I'm only on 3 star quests so far. Just trying to do some parts collecting to get armor for my hunter (even though I'm not using her right now, it's a just in case situation). That and a little bit of leveling on my cats. Need to get a trapping skill on my prowler one so I can do some of the capturing quests.

Haven't been paying much attention to the prowler quests. I've been doing them but they aren't my cup of tea. I'm only just starting lvl 4 quests. I think I'm gonna farm the Malefestio (the bird thing, dunno if I spelled it right) Love the look of the armor it gives you.

Yah the prowler specific quests are boring. They figure you're not ready to handle large monsters at that point.

I'm doing just fine taking down everything so far as a prowler on normal quests.

I had a little bit of difficulty with the hemitaur just because I hadn't fought one before so I wasn't sure how to approach it. Once I figured it out, it hasn't been a problem again.

The biggest thing about Prowlers is you can recover your emergency acorns by going back to the starting camp and sleeping. Has saved my butt a few times haha. I tend to not be good at running away in time.

I'm loving the Prowlers more and more. I'm in high rank now and cleaning up low rank quests with palicoes.

I love seeing them covered in Mizu's bubbles. Even when slipping and sliding all over the place, my cats just don't care.

Also I'm pretty sure Nakarkos just oozed out of a Metroid game.

Well I made it to Hunter Rank 5 tonight. I really hate Plesioth with a fiery passion xd.png. My Prowler wasn't doing so great, I had to switch to my Hunter. I took it down in 25 minutes once I did, gotta love Aerial Style.

I'll have to go back and finish some quests later on in Ranks below 5. I'm mostly trying to rush though to Hunter Rank 7. It'll take a while I think, that second Nakarkos fight looks hard.

I'm just slowly making my way through high rank. I'm spending most of my time levelling up my Felynes. While I've got my usual pair Zerureusu and Nonokamu, since I can now customise all palicoes the number's now grown to include Kyzaro, Takada, Gundham, Aberrant and Lucius (whose name, colour and comment is the result of an in-joke stemming from a horrible animated movie I watched with a friend).

By the way, if anyone is up for hunting as Prowlers, I'm eager for some multiplayer! Most of my cats only have low rank gear though, until I've worked up to better stuff.

(I also love being able to have way more freedom with cat gear, with no skills to be got from complete sets. I have a tendency to go for aesthetics first!)

I really hate Plesioth with a fiery passion xd.png.

user posted image

Pierce bow + plessy AI = dead feesh. :3