Yubelchen

Monster Hunter

I've unfortunately had to stop playing since my 3ds' control stick...sticks xd.png I'll not move the stick and the character will still move (which is insanely annoying for a gun user) I'm hoping to get another for myself as a Christmas present, but I too am excited for the new one. I assume we will be getting it, but when I don't know.

I've unfortunately had to stop playing since my 3ds' control stick...sticks xd.png I'll not move the stick and the character will still move (which is insanely annoying for a gun user) I'm hoping to get another for myself as a Christmas present, but I too am excited for the new one. I assume we will be getting it, but when I don't know.

Have you recalibrated your C-stick(s)? Or restarted the system without touching them?

Yeah I have and nothing helped it. I'm not too surprised cause I play on the thing constantly (and dropped it god knows how many times) so something was bound to bust. I did try out swords to see if I could play it better, but having the character move when I didn't want it to bugged me too much, hard to explain.

Oh dang, I'm sorry to hear that. RIP analog stick. :c

Here's hoping you can get your hands on a N3DS for Christmas!

I just saw the first gameplay video for Monster Hunter Stories and am super-excited! Capcom, get your hand out of my wallet! xd.png

I truly hope it sells well in Japan, so they can bring it out for Western audiences. The idea of co-op battles with chibi-monsters is adorable. wub.gif

Stories looks so nice. Can't wait to play it. In the meantime I have plenty to do in Cross still. Definitely better than MH4U for me.

Monster Hunter X Heading West this Summer

BRACE YOURSELVES, THE HYPE TRAIN IS NOW GOING FULL SPEED!!!!!

I FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS NOT EVEN TEN MINUTES AGO AND OH GODDAMMIT I GOT MORE THAN I EXPECTED

IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

ETA: //plonks all four flagship monsters' English names on her dragons MINE

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Well, that gives me time to plan for it and save up. I'm actually still working my way through 3U, but that won't stop me from getting this on launch day.

I... I really don't understand the localized names. x_x

Raizex, Gamuto, Tamamitsune, and Dinovaldo still sound cool in English. >8(

That aside, prepare for 18x more JE SUIS MONTE

Edited by Lythiaren

Is 4U worth getting right now? Or am I better off just waiting for the next one to come out?

I only just finished doing everything I wanted to do in 3U D:

4U is definitely still worth getting for the experience. Notably: Dalamadur and Gogmazios.

There are all these posts now about cross and I'm just here. Playing 3 Ultimate. I just got it last fall 3DS Ubisoft sale.

//name rant

How does the localisation team call Hororohoruru Malfestio? I mean I get it, but at least they kept like Garara Ajara's name somewhat there with Najarala, Goa Magara with Gore Magala and so forth. Hororohoruru is such a great name too :'3 Wonder what they'll change Amatsumagatsuchi's to, seeing as they also changed Tamamitsune's name and those both sounded GREAT

//name rant end

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Amatsu is most likely going to stay Amatsu, since there's existing content in MH4U that references it by that name.

Meanwhile, I continue to believe that by renaming Tamamitsune to Mizutsune, they basically just took a Japanese name and made it even more Japanese.

Edited by Lythiaren

True, I forgot Amatsu's mentioned. Yessssss it's the greatest name tbh

Tamamitsune's still the superior of the two.

Gammoth's kinda... obvious? But neat? I guess?

GLAVENUS HECKA

Eager to see what Osutagoroa will be. I've heard Ostgaloa before.

I'm so hyped about getting this one! I can't believe Cross is coming to us this soon!! I am so hyped about Amatsumagatsuchi, whatever they name him in the localization. xd.png He was one of my most loved monsters that I ever saw on the wiki, and now I get to fight him! On top of that, I now get to see what the Alatreon legend is all about... From what I remember hearing about him, he was the Gen 1 Mewtwo of his generation.

Alatreon wasn't that bad if you had a team who knew what they were doing and how to dodge what.

That said, I look forward to yelling "GET OUT ICE INC" into my mic and watching half the party get skewered anyway.

That dragon charge was my bane in 3U.

Especially with that one hunt where he would not stop spamming it.

G-Rank Ala's a bit of trouble when you don't know how to play optimally.

Which I don't, so I end up dying several times until I finally discover the right combination of armor and weapon for a specific monster. That's always how it's gone for me. I refuse to watch other people beat monsters until I've done it myself first.

I perpetually slog it out in my favourite armour set, with my favourite weapon class regardless of how bad it is for the monster in question.

I'm a terrible player and it's fun (mostly)

In other news: MH Generations has a confirmed release date! July 15, two days prior to my birthday. I can't wait <3

Generations' demo has been announced.

It's available on June 30th and will let you hunt a Great Maccao, Malfestio and Nargacuga and try out the hunting arts. Also you can try out the felyne prowler mode. Some random users will be emailed a pair of early access codes i hope i get some ;v;

And if that wasn't enough, with 4U save data, when Generations is installed you get the most adorable baby Tigrex costume for a felyne <3

HYPE

Demo is available early through Humble Bundle. Pay $4, support charity, HUNT MONS.

I've been playing the demo with those members of the Carry Crew who have shelled out the four bucks. The demo Tamamitsune/Mizutsune bow set makes me look like a magical girl and I love it. I haven't mained bow since MHF2/MHFU (I ran Kelbi Bow in MH3U like everybody else but my main was swax) and this set alone makes me seriously consider picking it up again.

Incidentally I expect bows to be the most irritating class to party with now. Longswords are annoying, sure, but they get hit by the boss. Striker bows with blade wire not so much.

Edited by Lythiaren