Yubelchen

Monster Hunter

SO I watched Game Grumps play MH 3 and 4, and it looks like something I want to get into, but I'm worried that I'll suffer ingame since I wouldn't be playing with friends and would just be on my own. Is it a game that is justifiable in buying if I'm the only one doing the hunting?

I have played primarily solo. It is still fun and challenging but not impossible. The issue is nintendo sucks at online multiplayer, local is the only way to guarentee Co-op games will work, but a hunt with friends is a blast!

Online Co-op works fine for me. Only thing is there are a lot of French hosted rooms, so if you have dodgey internet, you may lose connection.

Only weird thing is that *supposedly* some small monsters don't sync between online games. People claim they have Jaggi or Genprey on the screen when the rest of the party doesn't have anything but the giant dragon trying to broil you alive. If it's true, it's gotta be hard to do "Slay X Small monsters" quests.

So, I tried teh demo, and I must say while I enjoyed it, it is certainly challenging on your own, but I think that it is enough for me to take the leap. With my dual blades I shall leap off the ledge and enter the world of MH4! Thanks for the advice guys biggrin.gif

I got the game, Insect Glaive is soo cool. I will forever use that. I'm getting pretty good at it now that I know how to deploy my kinsect.

Taking my time with the game now (left wrist's hurting) but I've still got myself a full set of Seregios armour and his weapon. Decided to main longsword after all because while the Glaive's cool and all, it's very complex in comparison and it doesn't fit my playstyle!

I'm really hoping that by G-Rank endgame I'll be able to get myself a set which provides me with both evasion +1 and speed sharpening. I squeezed those onto my Miralis set in 3U with some careful gemming and they're probably the biggest reason I've been able to pull off G-Rank hitless runs (mostly Deviljho lol I've hunted him so much). If I can get those skills in 4U I'll be super happy!

Unfortunately I have no way of recording and I don't particularly want to have a camera at the screen for hours (they often take multiple attempts) so I have only my word D: I'm so looking forward to the day when I can finally pull a run off on a Nargacuga or Zinogre!(I was so close once with the latter! Then paw slam happened and I botched my timing.)

I was actually planning on getting a capture card installed into my 3DS but agh they're so expensive! And you lose any sort of warranty and anything if something goes wrong.

Edit: I don't think photographic evidence would suffice either. Too easy to fake.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

For those who feel like 4U has been easier than expected, it's not just you. Capcom nerfed everything during localization and boosted droprates so we'd shut up about the difficulty curve and the desire sensor. Having played both versions I can say I've noticed I take more damage from the same hit on the same armour in Japanese. Now it's "lol 4 minute YKK full health no supplies used".

It's also why we can't play online with Japanese players.

Edited by Lythiaren

Well I'm pretty far myself, got to HR7 and would love to coop with people to get to G1-3. Hit me up if interested, I run Charge Blade and Duel Blades.

Legend of Zelda DLC is out!

And we all need to read this. Apparently trading guild cards and doing co-ops with people whose guild card you have can get you uber rare materials. No more 30+ quests to get a mantle!

What HR are you guys? I just got to HR 70 and soloed the normal Fatalis... It was fun. Stuck on the G3 molten tigrex though...

Barely HR 4. I've been biding my time a lot waiting for my sister to catch up with me so we can work on the online quests.

I could help you out if you want. I've been doing that with a few people. They rank up and get mats, I get HR points and mats while I enjoy fighting higher level bosses.

I'd love to play online with people at some point! ^^ Though as I said, I'm waiting for my sister to catch up. Once she's got a set of Seregios armour or armour from a monster around that level then we're good to go.

I've played Monster Hunter since Freedom and is my favorite game series of all time. I love playing with other people and exchange cards. I got MH4U on the release date and is currently G2, I'm taking a break from key questing and spending some time upgrading the small weapon collection I have and helping friends ranking up and farming.

Welp, my friend code is in my signature. You can pm me yours if you want me to add you.

I'm still stuck with 3U since I can't afford 4. could someone compile a list of switch axes that can actually be crafted instead of upgraded? I want to collect all the end-tier switch axes.

Ahhh, Monster Hunter. smile.gif One of my favorite games right now. Trying to go up the ranks but still incredibly low rank now, playing 4U. Although I've played the 3U demo before, 4U is the first full game I've ever gotten, and it's definitely hard. xd.png Still struggling with things like Congalala. It could be because I'm trying a Long sword/Capture only run, but still. xd.png

My ultimate and highest goal is to one day face White Fatalis in 3D... happy.gif

Edited by Sapphire Ryu

Done with beating around the bush, I intend to get the game today! Played the demo and did decently with Dual Blades, so with luck I'll be able to get them and practice with them some more.

Done with beating around the bush, I intend to get the game today! Played the demo and did decently with Dual Blades, so with luck I'll be able to get them and practice with them some more.

Glad to hear! Welcome to MH4U :3 It's awesome, and the mounting and wall climbing might take a little bit to get used to, but once you're used to it it feels wonderful. happy.gif

I have to admit I don't like the fact that I can't control the camera easily (using a regular 3dsXL not the new one) but I'm slowly learning how to play without it. I'll have lots of time to play it on vacation, really excited for that biggrin.gif

Dalamadur: 440 metres of NOPE