TJ09

2010-11-22 - Maintenance

I am a bit curious what will be done trough the mantenance. Bigger server (more memory/cpu cores)? Different database backend / clustering? Dedicated memcache-server?

It's hard to say if TJ is being serious or not there. =V

Wheeeee, you can read my thoughts %D

Something tells me, it may have a little bit to do with the features, even if TJ says no xd.png

Thanks for the heads up about the coming down time as well as that it has nothing to do with the new features. Won't being going "what's wrong with 'the cave' and pestering my sister or my roommate asking 'can you get on'?

Hope you and everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

I'm never real sure if you're warning us or dangling the dc version of the catnip mouse.

Thanks for staying on top of things, TJ.

and the site went kablooey. maybe thats why it needs maintenance. lol

edit: back now.

Edited by WestWindReborn

The site is definitely in yo-yo mode, up then down, then up, then...

I think I hear some hammering.

Power saws?

Is that a jack hammer? blink.gif

Seriously, I'm keeping a page open for http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/dragcave.net so I can check when the page is taking several minutes to do whatever it seems to need to do to load. It tells me almost instantaneously whether the site is up or down while I wait.

If TJ is up all night working on the site, rather than these being site issues waiting to be fixed, this confirms my theory that the Dragon Gods - like Murphy - never sleep...

Is this it - early ? Cos it's been down for over an hour and I need to hatch a sunrise in the next few hours.....

The site is definitely in yo-yo mode, up then down, then up, then...

I think I hear some hammering.

Power saws?

Is that a jack hammer? blink.gif

Seriously, I'm keeping a page open for http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/dragcave.net so I can check when the page is taking several minutes to do whatever it seems to need to do to load. It tells me almost instantaneously whether the site is up or down while I wait.

Thank you for that link, it'll definitely save me worrying in the future.

And it seems it's downtime now, when I have time to hunt around for once...

if anything happens to anyone babes while the site is down, ya'll let TJ know and he'll put em back to the state they were in before the downtime :3

Edited by ParticleSoup

Rushes to hatch sunrise....

blink.gif

WOW. Instant hatch, and on target ! YES !

When are you going to have the new features up?

He already said he will tell us when when he decides when. Let's leave the poor guy alone and wait to be

SURPRISED !

When are you going to have the new features up?

Bottom of the first post. He edited in possibly (stress on 'possibly') early December.

Back on topic, did the maintenance hit last night, or is it still to come? I wasn't on, so I didn't notice if it did or didn't. Thanks. happy.gif

Bottom of the first post. He edited in possibly (stress on 'possibly') early December.

Back on topic, did the maintenance hit last night, or is it still to come? I wasn't on, so I didn't notice if it did or didn't. Thanks. happy.gif

If the lag is any indication, nothing was done, dry.gif but I believe tonight was the first possible time frame, with Friday night Saturday morning as a back-up

If the lag is any indication, nothing was done, dry.gif  but I believe tonight was the first possible time frame, with Friday night Saturday morning as a back-up

Okay, thanks dragonpuck. Lately I haven't been around during maintenance runs and other issues. I tend to come no the next day and see a bunch of people saying, "Thanks for fixing things TJ!" And I'm going, "Wha???" tongue.gif

Edited by Gyps13