skauble

Holiday Dragon Mate Preferences

What breed do you think goes best with Christmas dragons overall?  

245 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the CB Stripe x Yulebuck pairing and will be doing it for at least one of my yules. For the second Yulebuck, now that rare x rare breeding has been enabled, I'm kind of thinking of a pairing with a rosebud. Hope they like each other!

Last year I've paired my SAs with vines, but this time around I want to do a winter seasonal pairing. Christmas...winter...it fits, right? Though I think the snow angel x purple nebula looks wonderful as well, so might try that instead, haven't decided. The holly will be paired with a cb red nebula too.

Haven't really thought about a pairing for Ribbon Dancers. I think I'll try one paired with a gold, and the other maybe with a green nebula(only have one male cb gold ). I guess I'm kind of big on nebulae this year xd.png

I feel like I'm the only person on DC who dislikes the CB holiday x CB white pairing :[

It's ironic because for all my favourite pairings I either don't have or, if I manage to breed them, I won't be able to keep them for myself. XD

I have two ribbon dancers and I really like them paired up with gold or sunsong. I have one CB gold who I think will be mated with one of my ribbon dancers (they already produced a gold baby together <3) once they come off cool down sometime tonight/tomorrow. At some point I considered purple x ribbon dancer but only because of the similar body shapes. I also really like the thought of a male silver x spriter alt ribbon dancer pairing but yeah, mind helping me get down from the clouds? =P

For the yules, I like silver or sunsong pairings. 8D Shiny, shiny... I'm hopeful and wishing I'll be able to pick up a couple of 2Gs once breeding opens and I can get online again (turns out I miscalculated time... I most likely won't be here for the initial midnight release :c). I've seen a few yule x albino pairings too and those are surprisingly nice even though I don't really like albino dragons much on their own. :D

I have two 2G gold wing snow angels from white x snow angel pairings so I'm just going to continue with the white mate theme. I really wanted a tri-colour snow angel from male vine x gold winged snow angel. >< I thought it would be pretty cute to see the baby and be like "Hey, she got her gold wings from her mother and the red/green highlights from her father's side 8D".

I love golds and snow angels... (especially the all gold and gold/white winged). However, I'd really like to have them actually /produce/ hahaha so I don't really want to take that risk !! x)

I'm so undecided about what I'm going to breed my yulebucks with though ):

It really depends on the dragon. My two cb yulebacks are paired with a black and a cb autumn. One angel is going to be paired with a cb gaurdian and the other with a cb sunsong. No idea for my ribbons yet. Trying to find mateless dragons of the opposite gender is difficult =/

I don't really care about the dragons, but I already caught three holiday eggs with pretty messy lineages.

I'd just like to have even generations or stairsteps.

my yule is with my mint

my snow angel with my sunsong

my ribbon dancer with my green nebula

Edited by darkshadow5392

For the poll, I thought the Magi dragon was a good pair to Christmas Dragons. Why? Because the Three Wise Men from the Biblical story of the first Christmas are also known and the Magi.

However, on my scroll, I ended up having Sprit Giver and Luolon Long becoming mates. Although, while I have successfully bred my holly, there are no current plans for Candy Stag the Yulebuck, Chirstmas Starwing the Snow Angel or Custom Light the Ribbon Dancer to produce eggs. Mostly because the three dragons in question haven't found the right dragon to become their mate yet. (My scroll is among those that contain only monogamous breeding pairs.)

Oh! Can I get some opinions? It's my first Christmas on DC, and I've been lucky enough to be gifted with a matching set of Ribbon Dancers x Moonstones. So, now I'm trying to think of what other dragon would go nicely to make a pretty checkerboard lineage with the two -- what would bridge the gap between shades of blue, and shiny Christmas colors?

So, I went all obsessive and took screencaps and edited them into this little chart, of the breeds I think might look nicest... any thoughts? I'm leaning towards Harvest, Electric, or Sunstone, I THINK, though I like how the Coastal Waverunner, Sunsong, and Swallowtail echo the circular shape so prettily. All input appreciated! biggrin.gif

user posted image

Has anyone seen a Ribbondancer x Marrow?

Just curious >>

Yup, bred one earlier.

user posted image

Also bred my other one with my Alt Sweetling.

user posted image

I think both look amazing.

This year I used all new mates in that none of the dragons had ever breed with each other before.

Yulebuck x Marrow

Snow Angel and Ribbon Dancer were mated with Shadow Walkers.

Snow Angel/White is a good one that I got.

Also anything/Shadow Walker, I'm loving the whole 'Ghosts of Christmas' theme going on.

The Ribbon Dancer has always been tough for me. Aside from a Gold (which I have no CBs or even decent 2nd gens), nothing ever looked 'right' paired w/the Ribbon's shiny-ness.

Then I got this egg: Nebula x Ribbon Dancer. The green & black of the Neb alt just looks 'right'.

Of course, since my Nebulas are all either Lovecraftian or sci-fi/horror themed, I had to re-name my CB Ribbon AND give her an appropriately named mate: Wassailing in R'lyeh... and Cthulhu Claus..

I"m still torn on my Snow Angel & Yulebuck. A part of me wants to go w/the crowd & do Yulebuck x Vine, and Snow Angel x Pink... but my Yulebuck kinda likes the Horse girls, so I dunno.

Could someone help me decide? I'm not keeping any of the eggs but I'd like to make a more desirable egg for people. I'm debating on what to breed to my yulebuck:

This: http://dragcave.net/lineage/CgKJg

My original plan: http://dragcave.net/lineage/t60i

or a holiday x holiday pairing: http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...gen=2&mate=FD23

I like the valentine pairing but the checker would be easier for people to work with.

Could someone help me decide? I'm not keeping any of the eggs but I'd like to make a more desirable egg for people. I'm debating on what to breed to my yulebuck:

This: http://dragcave.net/lineage/CgKJg

My original plan: http://dragcave.net/lineage/t60i

or a holiday x holiday pairing: http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...gen=2&mate=FD23

I like the valentine pairing but the checker would be easier for people to work with.

The Valentine is pretty but my vote goes to the perfect checker. :3 If I had a yule like that, I would definitely work on getting a mate for him. I would try for the Valentine too, but it would take longer to find the right pairings to replicate/mirror it (as I most likely would try :P).

The Ribbon Dancer has always been tough for me. Aside from a Gold (which I have no CBs or even decent 2nd gens), nothing ever looked 'right' paired w/the Ribbon's shiny-ness.

Then I got this egg: Nebula x Ribbon Dancer. The green & black of the Neb alt just looks 'right'.

Of course, since my Nebulas are all either Lovecraftian or sci-fi/horror themed, I had to re-name my CB Ribbon AND give her an appropriately named mate: Wassailing in R'lyeh... and Cthulhu Claus..

I"m still torn on my Snow Angel & Yulebuck. A part of me wants to go w/the crowd & do Yulebuck x Vine, and Snow Angel x Pink... but my Yulebuck kinda likes the Horse girls, so I dunno.

I picked up a snow angel x sweetling and think it looks very nice http://dragcave.net/lineage/ESJRW

Snow angel x yulebuck looks pretty awesome too, http://dragcave.net/lineage/icTBn

but I doubt a lot of people would be willing to breed their Christmas dragons together.

I'd like to see whether a ribbon x shadow dancer would look nice together.

I my favorite Christmas dragon pairings are:

Holly x Red

user posted image x user posted image

Yulebuck x Pink

Snow Angel x White

Ribbon Dancer x Purple

I can hardly think of one breed going best for ALL Xmas dragons. well, perhaps Gold and perhaps White. still I would better love to post my preferences for each breed.

Holly:

Gold, Old Pink and White as they are drawn in the same classical dc-manner smile.gif also White Stripe is possible. and Winter (love TJ's choice)

Yulebuck

the most difficult question for me. Old Pink, New Pink and Red I should say. I personally have a 3rd gen stair with Reds and love the look of it.

SnowAngel

here it depends on the colour of the wings:

Gold-tipped: White or White Stripe

Gold: Gold, Thunder, Nocturne. maybe Guardian and Coastal Waverunner or Moonstone

Tricolor: Vine, Autumn

Ribbon Dancer

Electric, Red, Swallowtail, Gold Tinsel, Gold, Harvest or Hellfire. and possibly male Tangar (though I prefer more contrasting combos)

Overall, I love Christmas dragons paired with other holidays, especially shadow walkers, black marrows and alt sweetlings. <3

I also really like ribbon dancers with purples, and I simply adore what I can do with my yule: perfect checker with harvests

That's awesome, I ended up breeding one of my Yulebucks to a dragon with the same Valentines in its lineage. Not as nice looking as I would've wanted though, since my Yule's got a crazy hodgepodge of dragons in its lineage.

I ended up breeding my holidays to whatever would match/mirror it. Nothing worth mentioning and I went with a Greenwing and Pink for my Ribbons. I like unorthodox matches, I guess.

Edited by Nine

Holly x Silver is beyond amazing.

Yules... I don't really like their colors much, but they look good with Neotropicals and Guardians.

Snow Angels also look great with Neos.

And for the Ribbon Dancers, nothing beats Electrics. NOTHING. I kind of regret breeding Negai with a Silver instead of an Electric. (bred my word-code Ribbon with another word-code, of course.)