skauble

Holiday Dragon Mate Preferences

What breed do you think goes best with Christmas dragons overall?  

245 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't even have a holiday dragon, but if i did, i would breed it with a CB white. It just seems more christmas-ey that way. Well I know, red and green are also christmas colors, but the thing with them is... the green ones look really pissed off in their pictures and the red ones look kind of... evil; not very good for spreading christmas cheer. wink.gif

One of my Yulebucks is paired with a Frill, and I hope that at least at Christmas Holiday eggs are still possible like they are with Stripes.

The only Holiday dragon I don't have is a Holly. If I should be able to acquire one in the next few years, I'd probably breed it with a Red.

I'm breeding my yulebuck (cb) with a cb winter. The theme just seems to fit (and I have a lonely cb winter female that needs a mate). Otherwise, I think a cb white, red or stripe would look good (greens look to aggressive). Oh, and i second nebula/snow angel, that is a very pretty comination.

Not sure what I'll breed my marrows to. I don't like embers with them, but red dorsal sounds interesting. Or blacks of course, but I don't have cb blacks for them. But I may just stick to purebred marrows.

Yulebuck x Bright Pink

Vine x SnowAngel

Pink x Valentine 09

Sweetling x Bright Pink

Alt sweetling x Black

Marrow x Black/Red

Sweetling x Deep Sea

Valentine '09 x White Stripe

Pumpkin x Pygmy (Mint if it was possible)

Black Marrow x Ember

Holly x Vine (Gold if it was possible)

Yulebuck x Mint

Snow Angel x White

Edit because I lost overview over my own post and to answer the questions properly, with numbers:

1)

Holly x Gold (Vine)

Yulebuck x Mint

Snow Angel x White

2)

The only older Christmas Dragon I still need, is the Holly. CB parents would be best, even-gen parents are right behind. Anything else isn't so important.

3)

I will breed Yulebuck x Purple because it's the prettiest lineage I can produce and CB Snow Angels with CB Whites.

Edited by blah

This is interesting. I didn't know what to breed my Yulebuck with. xd.png

I am liking the idea of a Red or Green Stripe OR a white. Maybe even a Mint. But, now I have to search for CB Stripes, Whites or Mints. Mints shouldn't be too hard, so maybe i'll stick with that.

Well, I made sure to get myself (and my daughter, who liked this idea) two CB male whites for breeding with our snow angels. I have absolutely no idea what she will breed with her (2nd gen, I think) yulebucks, but I have found a fifth gen black Thuwed to breed with my sole 4th gen yulebuck (4th gen overall, but only 2nd gen yules) which has some blacks in its lineage. *shrugs* Best I can do with what I have, really.

My Snow Angels are both paired with CB Hellfires. I like the contrast.

My Yulebuck is paired with a CB pink. I didn't breed him before the Christmas window last year, and took a shot in the dark with a (then) extremely common dragon. Fortunately, it worked out. I'm keeping them together so I don't have to try out a bunch of new combinations.

I'm just currently trying to find someone who doesn't refuse my Yulebuck. So far he keeps being spurned by the ladies. If this keeps up, I'll be trying to get CB winters to offer him.

One of my Yules will breed with a White, the other one with a Winter seasonal.

I'm not sure with my Snowangles yet, but they'll breed with CB dragons.

If I had a Holly 07, I'd breed it with a Red, a Red Stripe, a White or a Winter seasonal!

I generally try to breed christmas dragons with whites or Winter seasonals!

Edited by GiratinaOF

1. I voted for white overall, but there are lots of dragons that make pretty mates for the different holidays. Don't have any particular favorites.

2. The only holiday dragon I'm missing is a Holly. I'd most like to get a 2nd gen, after that any even-gen, but really, I'd be ecstatic to get *any* Holly, even a messy-lineaged inbred one, I would keep and cherish.

3. My snow angels will be paired with a CB white, like this, and a CB sunsong, like this. My yulebucks are both 2nd gen, so I've acquired matching mates for them. I'll be breeding 3rd even-gen yule x stripe and yule x stone.

Over all, I like white dragons paired with Christmas dragons. But there are plenty of other breeds that make nice pairs.

I had been breeding my Yulebuck with a horse dragon, I think I might switch that up this year... but I can't decide what dragon I'd like better.

My Snow Angel... I'm thinking a vine perhaps?

Hearing so many people say they want 2ed gen Hollies... I feel a little bad about sending eggs off with this lineage. Lighted Garland being my dragon, and the Holly whose lineage is shown being his offspring. I feel like I should find him a CB white mate...

In general, I like Christmas dragons with stripes. However, my Snowangel is my only CB Christmas dragon, and I've actually never tried her with a stripe.

The lineages I'll probably use this year are this for my Yulebuck, and this for my Snowangel (unless I switch to stripe). If we look farther ahead to Valentine's Day, I'll be breeding eggs that have this lineage with my '09, and I'm not sure what I'll do with my Sweetling.

I prefer my snow angels with whites. Especially as I got the white wings, the fact that both are feathered dragons make them perfect matches.

Yulebucks, I will probably try and avoid stripe or red, just because they are so common and I am not a big fan of stripes to begin with. I am actually thinking of vines for them this year.

Edited by Nectaris

Hearing so many people say they want 2ed gen Hollies... I feel a little bad about sending eggs off with this lineage. Lighted Garland being my dragon, and the Holly whose lineage is shown being his offspring. I feel like I should find him a CB white mate...

Draco Knight, I think that's a very pretty lineage. I wouldn't change it. Your holly isn't even gen or CB, so there's no way you can breed 2nd gen or even gen hollies anyway, but it's *almost* even gen, and the silver x white looks very nice with the hollies.

I love Holly x Red <3 I think they would look good together, since they both have similar colors. White x Snow Angel is also pretty good, but white does go with everything... Balloon x Yulebuck maybe? or Red x Yulebuck , that would work too.

I think a holiday/winter seasonal would look really pretty in a lineage. I would love a 2nd gen than a longer one, but it doesn't really matter to me, especially for hollies. smile.gif

I agree with Codyne completely. That lineage Draco Knight posted is far more gorgeous than breeding with a CB white would be.

They only one I don't have yet is the holly. Personally, I would like to find any holly, regardless of lineage. That means really really regardless. If it were second generation or long lineaged or inbred, it would all be the same to me. But I know people tend to prefer second generations, so I pondered about picking mates for my dragons. Wondered which mates would make the prettiest colors in a lineage, what breeds were liked best, etc. Eventually, I just up and quit and picked my own favorite species, the white dragons. They've been my favorites since the very beginning <3

Edited by wobster109