skauble

Holiday Dragon Mate Preferences

What breed do you think goes best with Christmas dragons overall?  

245 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In another thread, people were mentioning which breed was paired up with the holiday dragon that bred the eggs they picked up last Christmas. That led me to wondering which breed people thought went well with holiday dragons and why.

The poll is for overall preference of any Christmas dragon x _____ dragon. I know that the poll doesn’t contain all the choices (see list below), but you can only add so many. And I left off rares because we don’t know if Rare x Rare breeding will be out then.

Also:

1. If you have specific preferences (like Holly/Red, Yulebuck/White, Snow Angel/Ember) then post those. If your main preference is a rare, put that but also list a dragon that we’re sure will be breedable this year.

2. If you grabbed any of the older Christmas dragons this year, would you hope for two CB parents, or lineage (Thuwed, Dorkface, Even gen, etc.)?

3. If you plan to breed a holiday dragon this year, what breed are you thinking of and are you planning to use a CB or lineage mate?

I don’t mind going over the answers and keeping a running total going for each question, but it would be a lot easier to do that if people numbered each answer to go with the questions above. smile.gif

*~*~*Totals being updated in second post*~*~*

Possible Breeding Partners

Albino

Balloon

Black

Bluna

Bright-Breasted Wyverns

Canopy

Costal Waverunners

Daydream

Dark Green (Vine)

Deep Sea

Dorsal

Electric

Ember

Flamingo

Guardian

Gray (Fog)

Green (Earth/Pebble)

Stone

Harvest

Hellfire

Horse

Magi

Mint

Nebula

Neotropical

Nocturne

Pink

Purple

Red

Ridgewing

Seasonal

Shallow Water

Skywing

Spitfire

Sunrise/Sunset

Sunsong

Striped

Terrae

Water

Waterhorse

Water Walker

Whiptail

White

Edited by skauble

So far through page 2:

1. Specific preferences by breed:

Holly

Rares:

Gold

Frill

Commons:

Striped

White

Red

Black

Bright Pink (old)

Winter

Black

Ember

Harvest

Vine (Dark green)

Yulebuck

Rares:

Silver

Commons:

Striped

White

Bright Pink (old)

Red

Winter

Black

Bright-Breasted Wyverns

Canopy

Daydream

Ember

Horse

Mint

Pink (new)

Terrae

Vine (Dark Green)

Snow Angel

Rares

Frill

Commons

White

Striped

Nebula

Black

Vine (Dark green)

Ember

Horse

Neotropical

Wing color dependent

2. If you get a bred egg this year, do you want lineage or cave born parents:

Right now, the preference seems to be CB followed by even-gen.

3. What breed will you be using? Lineage or cave born?

CB = Cave born

L = Lineage

U = Unknown

Total is the total number of holiday dragons being paired with that breed

Holly

Total: 0

Yulebuck

Rares:

Frill

Commons:

Striped

CB: 2

L: 1

U: 4

Total: 7[/b]

Seasonal (general)

CB: 1

Seasonal (specific)

Winter

U: 1

Autumn

Total of all Seasonals: 6

White

CB: 3

U: 2

Total: 5

Red

Total: 3

Fog (Gray)

Total: 1

Horse

Pink

Purple

Terrae

Breed with other holiday bred dragons:

Determined by recipient:

Snow Angel

Rares:

Gold

Frill

Commons

White

CB: 18

Total: 19

Vines (Dark green)

U: 3

Total: 3

Ember

Total: 2

Hellfire

Nebula

Neotropical

U: 2

Black

Striped

Possible pairs for Snow Angels:

Nebula

Winter

White

Striped

Pink

Mint

Edited by skauble

I have bred my Yulebucks with CB stripes

and my Snowangels with whites

So that is how I will most likely breed them this Christmas, confirmed production is a good thing.

( I have one Snowangel that has given an egg with every breeding no matter the partner, so I might do something different with my "fallen angel" tongue.gif )

If I had a Holly it would be bred with a CB stripe cool.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

Good question. I'm still thinking about it.

I have CB snow angels and I've been pondering what to pair them with. I'm half tempted to find the worst possible combination for one but that would be hard. White (which they predominately are) goes with everything. I'd like to pair one with a black but I don't have a CB male black. Perhaps an Ember would do?

I have two cb SnowAngels and two YuleBucks ((which are not very well lineaged IMO)) I plain on putting my two CB whites with my CB Snow Angles and my YuleBucks with two of my cb reds.

WB

Overall I'd say Horse Dragons, especially for Snow Angels as they look very horse-like to me. The only drawback is that they face the wrong way, but they would definitely be my first choice if I had a Snow Angel or Yulebuck. Not so sure about Holly though...

1. Silver/Yulebuck would be my preference for Yules, but otherwise..

Red dorsal/black marrow

Canopy/yulebuck - also fond of stripe/yulebuck

Bright pink/holly - also fond of black/holly

Stripe/snow angel

White/regular sweetling

Red dorsal/alt sweetling

Hellfire/chocolate sweetling

Black/rainbow sweetling

Stripe/valentine - also fond of all other pairings with saturated colors

2. I'd hope for two caveborns as parents, and even-gen if otherwise. I'd prefer my holidays not have well-known lineages included to make it easier to build with them.

3. cb yulebuck x whatever my requester tells me

cb valentine ('09) x cb new pink (as the pair is proven)

cb sweetling (regular) x cb white

2nd gen pumpkins x either chequer lineage, for the pumpkinxpygmies, or to other purebred pumpkin

I do not have a snow angel. Marrows I will try to purebreed, if they breed like pumpkins.

1. As far as Yulebuck's go I prefer:

Yulebuck x Old Bright Pink

Yulebuck x Winter Seasonal

Yulebuck x Stripe

And for a Holly I think the cutest pairings are:

Holly x Winter Seasonal

Holly x Old Bright Pink

Holly x White

actually if we did happen to have rarexrare breeding at christmas time I think Holly x Gold would be gorgeous!

Now, Snow Angels. I actually got two CB White mates for mine but I'm thinking I might try to pair them with something different. Maybe Winter Seasonals or Nebulas *thinks*

2. Well Holly is the only one I'm missing and I'd hope for 2 CB parents but honestly I'd be happy with any lineage smile.gif

3. I have 2 CB Snow Angels that I'll most likely be breeding with CB Whites & two 2nd Gen Yulebucks. One with a CB Yulebuck x CB Winter parents who I'd like to breed with a mirror pairing but since winters don't come out until the 21st don't know how that's going to work out. Then I have another yulebuck with CB Yulebuck x CB Stripe parents and I'll be breeding that one with a 2nd gen stripe from CB Stripe x CB Yulebuck.

Err yeah, I hope that made sense lol!

Edited by ayobelle

Yulebucks: I have 2 CBs that I've plan to pair with CB Whites.

Snow Angles: My 2 CBs are the ones with white wings with gold accents. They will have CB White mates, but if CB Green Stripes existed, that would probably be my first pick. I would love to breed them with Golds! With the coloring of their wings, I think it would make a wonderful looking lineage.

Holly: I don't have any of my own, but Whites or Green/Red/White Stripes would be my pick. Reds aren't a bad choice either. I can't think of any other breeds with a nice coloring to match a Holly's.

Black Marrow: I'd go with an Alt Black, Black or Ember.

Sweetling: I don't have the alt, just 2 CB pink one so I'd pick 2 CB Pink mates unless another breed comes around.

Valentine 09: Also a CB Pink for my 2 unless another breed is release that suites them better.

I think Snow Angels look really good with Neotropicals. I can get a 2nd-gen angel at best, so I hope I get one from a CB Neo and Angel.

I like the looks of Yulebuck with Stripes, red stripe would be prettiest. Terrae would look sweet too.

Hollies would go well with Terrae, Bright Pink, Red, or Fog.

I don't have any Christmas dragons though D: I do have my two Sweetlings paired with Purples, and my Valentine's 09 is second-gen with a winter seasonal father... so I paired it with a 2nd-gen winter seasonal. It's a nifty lineage-

http://dragcave.net/lineage/uHe5

I Have 2 CB snow angels and 2 lineaged Yulebucks.

Both angels will be specially mated for Christmas with a CB white dragon. So that who ever gets the egg will get a short clean lines nice egg.

My Yulebucks I'm continuing the lineages they came with.

Yule/Seasonal and Yule/fog

____

My other Seasons so far are.

Marrow/black

Alt Sweetling/black

Pumpkin/Pygmy

If the pairing was still posible I'd say Hollys looked great with frills. My second choice would probably be a red for it.

I like Snow Angel x Nebula. smile.gif Both of my Snowies have CB nebula mates. Whites and reds also go well with my Snowies.

The only problem with the Snowies is the wing color, for me. xd.png My preferences are based off of my mate preferences with my gold-wing Snowies. I like different pairings for different wing colors. smile.gif

Edited by Infinis

My snow angel will be paired with an ember and my yule buck with an autumn.

I'll probably pair my Yulebuck with a red dragon this year.

I'm not sure what I will do for my Snow Angel, though. A white dragon seems tempting, but it might seem a little bit off since it is of the gold winged variety. A white stripe might work, though.

White stripe goes with everything. Wish I had more holidays xd.png

I said plain whites, mostly because of Yulebucks, Snow Angels, and Valentines. I mean, look at this lineage!

I'm not sure what I would breed a Holly with, if I had one. Perhaps a red stripe or green stripe...

I like Valentines with pinks or whites, and alt Valentines with reds.

Edited by FireAngel73

Generally, I say Striped is the most neutral choice for a holiday pairing. They go fairly well with anything and most people like them for their own looks (so, less chance of the off-season egg to be reabandoned because it induces a puke reaction).

Now, personally, I have my *in-season* breedings paired like this:

Yulebucks - Stripes

Snow Angels - Vines (I'd love to use stripes, neos, or now that I saw it, nebulas, but my two girls are among the pickiest dragons on my scroll and so far showed reliable breeding results only with vines)

Sweetlings - Terraes

Valentine'09 - Pinks

Black Marrows - Grays

My favorite is Snow Angel x Nebula, like this. Yulebuck x BBW looks pretty good, too, as the wing shape of the BBW kind of looks like the holly wings of the Yulebuck.

I'm planning on breeding my snow angels with neotropicals and my Yule buck with a red stripe.

TheCompleteAnimorph made me feel so much better about my neo choice. I was thinking about that a couple of days ago and while I like it I was afraid that others would think it was strange. Nice to know that there are other people who are strange like me. laugh.gif

Edited by Sir Barton

Hmm. If I had CBs of em all, I would do:

Snow angel x stripe

Yulebuck x daydream

holly x red

I like white with the holiday dragons the best. I can't really explain why I like it the best, but it's my favorite combination. And then after that white stripes at a really close 2nd place.

I have two CB Yulebucks and two CB Snow Angels, all of which have been paired off with another dragon at this point. I guess it couldn't hurt to list them, as they are some of my favorite pairings.

Yulebuck X Horse

Yulebuck X Terrae

Snow Angel X Striped

Snow Angel X White

Now if only it were possible to have more than two of each. tongue.gif

I love snow angel and vine :3 tho I might try snow angel and pink, that might look very pretty too =^;^= yules I love with pinks or reds <3

I like snow angels with frills myself, though the white winged and tri-colors are the best matches. Just to give an idea. http://dragcave.net/lineage/SXEO If I wasn't afraid of a refusal, I'd probably try it, and still might.

For my Yulebuck I will go with either white or white stripe.

I second the frills. If rarexrare is implemented by then I'm definitely breeding one of my angels with my cb frill. Otherwise, angel x stripe smile.gif

For yules, I have 2nd gens and I'll breed mine with other 2nd gens with a yule father smile.gif If I had cb yules, I'd probably breed them with cb reds.