Mitesla

Most disturbing non-horror boss?

Have I ever said my opinion was the only one? No. Just because I have never played the game doesn't mean anything. In fact your patronizing is rather insulting.

Yes I can say definitively. Just like someone else can say the opposite definitively.

Yes you can judge a book by the cover. It works for me. I am actually a pretty good judge. I judged twilight stupid from the cover, silent hill, conker, pokemon, ext... I have all judged right by the cover alone. The saying saying you can't is crap.

To end this I direct you to vexx's last post (end) and to mine afterwards.

But the way you keep arguing that it isn't sure seems like somebody who refuses to admit that other people have valid opinions. :| Sounds to me like you can't leave it alone that some people will for sure find that battle very disturbing.

And yes, you can judge some things that way. But you sure as hell can't judge everything that way. You WILL screw up in your judgment somewhere along the line. The only way to get a proper judgment, not just a quick one, is to experience it yourself. I'm usually a great judge of what I will or will not like just from the covers and what I've heard/read/seen of something. But I've been proven very wrong on several occasions, and I've learned that it's best not to form a quick judgment but to actually give it a shot. You find some awesome things that way.

And the only way you can properly defend your side in an argument is if you have experience. I will laugh at anybody who tries to argue with me and goes "Well, no, I haven't experienced it for myself, but I saw/heard/talked to people about it..." then I will tell them to come back when they actually know what they're talking about from experience. :|

But the way you keep arguing that it isn't sure seems like somebody who refuses to admit that other people have valid opinions. :| Sounds to me like you can't leave it alone that some people will for sure find that battle very disturbing.

And yes, you can judge some things that way. But you sure as hell can't judge everything that way. You WILL screw up in your judgment somewhere along the line. The only way to get a proper judgment, not just a quick one, is to experience it yourself. I'm usually a great judge of what I will or will not like just from the covers and what I've heard/read/seen of something. But I've been proven very wrong on several occasions, and I've learned that it's best not to form a quick judgment but to actually give it a shot. You find some awesome things that way.

And the only way you can properly defend your side in an argument is if you have experience. I will laugh at anybody who tries to argue with me and goes "Well, no, I haven't experienced it for myself, but I saw/heard/talked to people about it..." then I will tell them to come back when they actually know what they're talking about from experience. :|

Please go back a few posts where I specifically said it was my opinion. Last post on page 3.

I've never failed in a game reveiw. Or book or movie. People, always. I know my likes and dislikes with entertainment VERY well. I can tell weather I would be scared, or laughing all the way through.

As for the last bit. If the internet wasn't around that would be true. More specifically video walkthroughs in (even more specific) youtube.

Crazy, i do wonder if you realize that different people might see symbolics differently depending on their experience.

however, "knowing your game taste" is all well and good, but how about accepting others having other opinions?

Still, this discussion is going nowhere.

So i put up a rather "disturbing" boss:

Last boss of Majoras Mask anyone?

Also, what was the definition of "Disturbing" in this thread again?

Crazy, i do wonder if you realize that different people might see symbolics differently depending on their experience.

however, "knowing your game taste" is all well and good, but how about accepting others having other opinions?

Still, this discussion is going nowhere.

So i put up a rather "disturbing" boss:

Last boss of Majoras Mask anyone?

Also, what was the definition of "Disturbing" in this thread again?

And when have I said my opinion was the ONLY opinion?

Oh right!!! NEVER!!!

So I direct you to vexx's last post and mine right after that one.

Edited by crazywargod

Could Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines be considered a non-horror game? Sure it had a few creepy moments but still...

This freaked me out the first time I saw it. I barely managed to kill it the first time you encounter the monstrosity as a boss, and then, after killing it, the games just throws more at you D:

The puppets from Thief: Deadly Shadows were scary. They made clicky noises and screeched and made the light flicker. Not to mention that they hit hard and were a pain to dispose of. I still hate (and love) that level whenever I replay thief biggrin.gif

You do realize Vexx was pretty much just telling the two of us to stfu and stop discussing like we have, right?

Yeah but people seem to be butting in without reading.

Vexx said

Both of you, really. Can we just agree this entire topic is, like, opinion-oriented anyway and get on with life?

I said

As per that last part yeah.

So people before you ride your high horses and go telling me people have opinions other than me read the whole thread. I have already agreed to that. It is only 4 pages long and this is on the 4th page too so there is no excuse for not reading it.

Lythiaren and me have come to an agreement so you can all stop telling me others have opinions, as I have already agreed that they do so it is irritating, and get back on topic??? I will be doing so. Any more "CWG YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH OPINIONS!!!" will be ignored by me as it is just pissing me off.

Something I found kinda disturbing

user posted image

...Bat-lady with boobs.

user posted image

Oh jesus what.

....And hard to pick for Prototype, considering they're all so weird, but this guy (linked for huge)

Edited by Vexx

Lythiaren and me have come to an agreement so you can all stop telling me others have opinions, as I have already agreed that they do so it is irritating, and get back on topic??? I will be doing so. Any more "CWG YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH OPINIONS!!!" will be ignored by me as it is just pissing me off.

Yeah pretty much, that's really getting offtopic. :|

What's that first pic, Vexx? She(/he/it?) actually looks kinda cool.

What's that first pic, Vexx?  She(/he/it?) actually looks kinda cool.

She's a hell of a boss. x3 Darksiders, Tiamat the bat queen. You have to cut out her still-beating heart and return it to Samael.

One of the mini bosses from the game

user posted image

He's the Jailer, filled with trapped souls which he uses to attack you with via shooting, bludgeoning, or releasing them as a horde. You have to shoot the glowing spots on his swollen side, which jiggles and squishes pretty nastily.

Okay, maybe I should have stepped in sooner. I'm glad you've all managed to agree to disagree, just please keep in mind there's a fine line between "discussing" and "arguing." Remember, there's no set definition of "disturbing," and people are going to disagree over what is or isn't disturbing. However, there's no reason to go into a serious debate over it. This tread is for research, but it's also for fun, like the "What's the worst game" thread. No need to get mad about it.

For those who care, here's the Giygas battle (Warning, don't watch at night):

Again, there's no set definition of "disturbing," but here's a list of examples of disturbing bosses (Warning, contains scenes from rated M games):

Something I found kinda disturbing

user posted image

...Bat-lady with boobs.

user posted image

Oh jesus what.

....And hard to pick for Prototype, considering they're all so weird, but this guy (linked for huge)

That second one looks like a boss from FF Crystal Chronicles.

...Is it?

...Is it?

Well, I've only played FF X-2 and it was just some random big baddie. x:

Another Darksiders: Silitha the spider queen

user posted image

Edited by Vexx

And when have I said my opinion was the ONLY opinion?

Oh right!!! NEVER!!!

So I direct you to vexx's last post and mine right after that one.

Then why are you even arguing? If you know it's just your opinion and that other people have opinions, why is it so important that you tell us it's not disturbing?

EDIT: And yeah, you did agree with Vexx. But you still argued in the first place.

Edited by soupnazi

OHMYGOD.

YES.

THAT THING HAS MORE ROLLS THAN VIRGINIA HAS HILLS.

-shivers-

I was really scared when I first saw that thing. ;~;

Christ, the Broodmother. It's an ugly mother alright, but what's really disturbing is the lead-up to it. First day, they come and catch everyone...

Though I wonder if you'd want to exclude Dragon Age from this kind of study, because while it's not specifically a "horror game", it borrows a lot of horror elements during some sections and clearly intends to be somewhat horrifying. Worse than the broodmother, for example, was a side mission you can take in the elven alienage, where you go questing through a demon-infested orphanage full of piles of rotting children's corpses and the rabid dogs that have been feeding on them. I mean, really.

Edited by mushumouse

Then why are you even arguing? If you know it's just your opinion and that other people have opinions, why is it so important that you tell us it's not disturbing?

EDIT: And yeah, you did agree with Vexx. But you still argued in the first place.

Okay seriously. Opinions WILL differ. It is NATURAL for people to argue those opinions. Me and Lythiaren were DEBATING. If we were arguing we would have been getting heated and throwing insults. It is the nature of any thread to have these kinds of things.

Please just drop this. If you continue further mods will be notified because everyone else has dropped this. This is WAY off topic and we would like to put this BACK ON topic. Thank you and good bye.

Now on topic.

Does anybody find this user posted image disturbing, gross, and cool all at the same time?

Edited by crazywargod

fought the brood mother for the first time in dragon age today and...........

O__________o

the horror the whole thing leading up to it is awful also it is sooo much more disturbing in person when you are fighting it and its trying to rape your team with tenticals

need less to say the whole expeance was disturbing and not some thing i thought I would see in a WRPG perhaps a JRPG but not a WRPG

Edited by chickenhound

Okay seriously. Opinions WILL differ. It is NATURAL for people to argue those opinions. Me and Lythiaren were DEBATING. If we were arguing we would have been getting heated and throwing insults. It is the nature of any thread to have these kinds of things.

Please just drop this. If you continue further mods will be notified because everyone else has dropped this. This is WAY off topic and we would like to put this BACK ON topic. Thank you and good bye.

Now on topic.

Does anybody find this user posted image disturbing, gross, and cool all at the same time?

Okay then. It just seemed like your whole basis for the debate was pointless.

...Is it?

It's a Malboro. They show up in FFVII: Crisis Core so that's where I know them from. xd.png

I am sure we can all agree that dead rising and Resident Evil are both of the horror gene

I guess you are right. Then how about this one?

user posted image

Evil otto

You won't get this unless you look him up.

Edited by vorthera

Resident Evil 4: Bitores Mendez

Clowns just have always scared me

Dead Rising: Adam the clown

although those are creepy I do feel you are missing a key part of this thread

this is for the sharing of non- horror bosses

I am sure we can all agree that dead rising and Resident Evil are both of the horror gene and are not to be shared here

Edited by chickenhound

It's a Malboro. They show up in FFVII: Crisis Core so that's where I know them from. xd.png

They appear in lots of other FF games too.

... I hate them all and they horrible "Bad Breath" (the name of the attack changes sometimes depending in the game).

The paper is done! Thank you to everyone who posted! biggrin.gif I'll leave the tread open so feel free to keep posting.

I'm going to go with the beast in Out of This World, and I don't expect a single person to know what I'm talking about.