Mitesla

Most disturbing non-horror boss?

I meant how the wikia described his attacks. And blood bullets? An eye being ripped out of another floating eye? It's a wonder they didn't have Rated E10+ back then when they made the game.

It was the irises of the eye with the pupils not actually a whole eye and, considering clotho or the broodmother, kinda cool. Weird but hardly disturbing.

Okay I have to admit the broodmother is a bit more disturbing than clotho. Not by much but still a bit more. I still can't see how giygas (?) is hardly as creepy as it is being said. It seems to be one of those "less creepy because the graphics are old" kind of deals. Still not more creepy then clotho.

It was the irises of the eye with the pupils not actually a whole eye and, considering clotho or the broodmother, kinda cool. Weird but hardly disturbing.

Okay I have to admit the broodmother is a bit more disturbing than clotho. Not by much but still a bit more. I still can't see how giygas (?) is hardly as creepy as it is being said. It seems to be one of those "less creepy because the graphics are old" kind of deals. Still not more creepy then clotho.

I believe Giygas is considered so disturbing not because of the visuals but because of the symbolism. We're talking about a boss that was created to represent rape and trauma, after all. The visuals, music and fight intensity just magnify the experience.

Edited by Lythiaren

I believe Giygas is considered so disturbing not because of the visuals but because of the symbolism. We're talking about a boss that was created to represent rape and trauma, after all. The visuals, music and fight intensity just magnify the experience.

Rape and trauma is horrible but hardly what I call disturbing. Even so I hardly see rape or trauma when looking at it. Kinda creepy ghost figure but not rape or trauma. If that's what they were after they failed big time.

But when the pupil is seperated from the white part, there's a ton of blood. Too gruesome to be for kids.

Rape and trauma is horrible but hardly what I call disturbing. Even so I hardly see rape or trauma when looking at it. Kinda creepy ghost figure but not rape or trauma. If that's what they were after they failed big time.

Like I said, it's not really the graphics that makes Giygas distrbing. Looking at the graphic I only see a freaky red skullface. But when he goes insane and starts speaking incomprehensible gibberish between rambling about how it wasn't supposed to go this way and how "it hurts", while eating health like it was candy...

Edited by Lythiaren

But when the pupil is seperated from the white part, there's a ton of blood. Too gruesome to be for kids.

Not really. I've seen a lot worse. You want not-for-kids go GTA. With those graphics that was hardly gory. If that was "today's" graphics that would be a whole different story.

@Lythiaren:I see what your saying but gibberish, non-coherent, nonesense isn't, by itself, creepy. You need the look or setting to match and it just doesn't have it. Final boss black screen with skuls isn't the right setting or look. If it was a different setting or a gorier look then I would agree. And the thing about final bosses is they all seem to think your HP is candy.

It can be pretty gory, considering that this is from a kirby game,if you were to compare it to an actual horror game, then its not all that disturbing. But thats just how I look at it.

Edited by blargh

*shifty eyes* *feels lame*

Xehanort.'s Heartless (kingdom hearts)

I don't know why, but something about his icky tanned skin and orange eyes has just always like..freaked me out. And the way he talks makes my skin crawl. It's just too much, lol.

That's kinda funny... I find him EXTREMELY attracting. <3

But there's somehing I have to confess... Arich the giant spider from Donkey Kong Country 3 gave me NUMEROUS nightmares when I was a kid. And here's the fun fact: I've always thought that spiders are just adorable :3

It can be pretty gory, considering that this is from a kirby game,if you were to compare it to an actual horror game, then its not all that disturbing. But thats just how I look at it.

I'm talking non-horror. That is not all that gory. Megaman enemies are gorier and they have little to no blood seepage.

Well I probably should not have used the word "gory", but I thought is was disturbing. I would just run in circles if I were to continue with this though(because I have MAD debating skillz).

Well I probably should not have used the word "gory", but I thought is was disturbing. I would just run in circles if I were to continue with this though(because I have MAD debating skillz).

Trust me. Kids see worse stuff compared. It isn't all that bad.

For example, not even a boss character of enemy at all really, lavander town from pokemon is disturbing as hell. No gore at all. Just music and a creepy looking town.

Edited by crazywargod

Trust me. Kids see worse stuff compared. It isn't all that bad.

For example, not even a boss character of enemy at all really, lavander town from pokemon is disturbing as hell. No gore at all. Just music and a creepy looking town.

Oh yes, lavender town.

But what about those skulltulas from Zelda? I have twilight princess and when I see one pop up in front of me I'm like OMGBBQWHATSTHAT for a minute before I regain my senses. And the way those tiny ones die is like

'krrrrckechchhhhhh-poof-'

O_o

Oh yes, lavender town.

But what about those skulltulas from Zelda? I have twilight princess and when I see one pop up in front of me I'm like OMGBBQWHATSTHAT for a minute before I regain my senses. And the way those tiny ones die is like

'krrrrckechchhhhhh-poof-'

O_o

Never seen them but sure. IDK I guess floating eyeballs just aren't creepy to me.

When I was younger Voldemort in the first HP on PC freaked me out. The whole twisting his head around thing did it. I was only like 6 when I played that though.

When I was younger Voldemort in the first HP on PC freaked me out. The whole twisting his head around thing did it. I was only like 6 when I played that though.

Well good ale voldy scared me when I was only reading about him so don't be to hard on yourself.

Not really. I've seen a lot worse. You want not-for-kids go GTA. With those graphics that was hardly gory. If that was "today's" graphics that would be a whole different story.

@Lythiaren:I see what your saying but gibberish, non-coherent, nonesense isn't, by itself, creepy. You need the look or setting to match and it just doesn't have it. Final boss black screen with skuls isn't the right setting or look. If it was a different setting or a gorier look then I would agree. And the thing about final bosses is they all seem to think your HP is candy.

Did you ever actually reach Giygas? You know, the whole devil machine thing, etc.?

If your criteria is that the surrounding place needs to look like a horror movie, then that rather defeats the non-horror aspect of the thread.

Giygas aside, I have something disturbing out of WoW: The Upside-down Sinners. Actually, the entirety of Karahan Crypt. Hundreds of people crucified upside-down underwater, scorched corpses and mummies, lethal pits and bone piles, every door and gate creaks and makes you think something will jump out at you even though you know the area is devoid of NPCs. There's a reason they had to block that area off.

Edited by Lythiaren

I've always found Red from pokemon to be really disturbing when you battle him.

But yeah, Giygas is really freaky, especially for such a kiddie game.

In Final fantasy 4, you end up in this underground world inhabited by dwarves. Inside the castle, there it a disturbance in the crystal room behind the throne and your asked to go check it out. If your the click-all-object-&-ppl kind of players, a little dwarf girl mentions her missing dolls. Found them! Yeah...dolls. Like the creepy vodo kind of dolls. The worst part for me was when they all morphed into one being like some...i dnono. It bothered me. I'm not really into dolls, I watched Chucky at a young age. They were just so unnatural. And their intro before the fight they danced to this weird carnaval song. *shivers*

!! WARNING! VERY EXPLICIT !!

Cleopatra from Dante's Inferno...Not going to link for sake of the children...Too late for me though o_o

EDIT: Better include Cerberus into that also

Edited by Bee Teno

The Great and Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Just...

D8 I just can't even...

I don't find Giygas creepy either. I guess I'm just weird like that. I get excited by things like that.

Edited by Icepelt

Don't ask me why, but I used to be scared of this guy Dorrie

He's the plesio from Super Mario 64. It was mostly the sign that scared me. I got it in my head that getting in his line of sight meant instant death ._.

The eel in that other level scared me for the same reason... Dire Dire Docks? Yeah.

!! WARNING! VERY EXPLICIT !!

Cleopatra from Dante's Inferno...Not going to link for sake of the children...Too late for me though o_o

EDIT: Better include Cerberus into that also

Cerberus = OH MY JESUS WHY. EW EW EW.

But I think Dante's Inferno was supposed to be pretty.... horrifying/disturbing. :I

Oh, Khezu. How I hated it. And Dante's Inferno is meant to be a horror/action survival game, so those two bosses don't count. The Great Mighty Poo is quite sick, but it makes me lol completely, and the Dorrie. Oh dear, the Dorrie actually used to give me nightmares, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I'm not sure if the next two are bosses, but I know the ReDeads from LoZ: OoT aren't. And they're one of the most disturbing things ever. My Dad told me, when I played it on my first playthrough ever, that I had to go into the cave with the zombies in to get the Sun Song. I went in, not afraid of zombies at all, and left the room after a few seconds with a load of brown stuff in my pants. The ones in Wind Waker are worse, actually. Although they look cartoony, their scream is one of the most disturbing things ever to appear in a Zelda game.

My other choice is the Chozo Ghosts from Metroid Prime 1. Whever I heard the hissing noise to show that thy're coming, I hid behind the sofa immediately. Don't ask me what's scary about them, they just ARE. And they can deplete your health with a couple shots, so playing behind the sofa is pretty impossible. So most of the time I'm just randomly jumping around, holding the target button and spamming A until I stop hearing that terrifying music or until I hear Samus's death scream.