sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

So he can see through solid objects that are not living unless plant life, and it gets worse the more dense a object is. and his normal sight is impaired as well.... ok. So only solid objects? Just want to verfy

GAH I'M SO SORRY I'M SO SORRY!!!! I went on holiday, umm...about 12 days ago?...and returned....8 days ago...OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?! I completely went brain-dead when I returned because I just finished watching a cartoon series and you guys probably know that feeling when you don't know what to do with your life after completing a TV show series and I just didn't respond to any role play because of that and then I decided to return and then LOOK HOW MUCH I MISSED!!!!

I'M SO SORRY ADGSHSHFGSDD sad.gif

But I'm back here, anyway, so yay! biggrin.gif

So he can see through solid objects that are not living unless plant life, and it gets worse the more dense a object is. and his normal sight is impaired as well.... ok. So only solid objects? Just want to verfy

Yeah, only seeing through solid objects. And that is how it works. Aside from the uselessness in being able to see through living things (except maybe medicinal), how disgusting would it be to see someone's innards?

Ok, alrighty..... so seeing through say magic since its not technically solid he can't see through those?

And Dreamdragon? We need people to be committed to the RP, not signing up then poofing with out warning. It gets enough of that as is.

Again, I'm sorry. I am aware that such 'poofing' behaviour always causes irritation and unnecessary hold-ups in RPs. I really am sorry! I'm just not good with commitment.... *Facepalm*

I just ruined my apology by saying that. I'm an idiot. dry.gif

EDIT: I did put a warning about going on to holiday in my signature that time but that's still no excuse since I continued to disappear for a few days after I came back from my holiday. Maybe I should have put a warning on my being brain-dead...

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Ok, alrighty..... so seeing through say magic since its not technically solid he can't see through those?

And Dreamdragon? We need people to be committed to the RP, not signing up then poofing with out warning. It gets enough of that as is.

If it's an inanimate object, it can be seen through. Dragons are not inanimate. Magic can move... But it is not very dense at all.

If you mean a magic barrier with the express purpose of blocking Scratch's ability, then it will be very hard for him to see through, if at all. The stronger the caster, the more resistant the wall, the more magic required to see through it. I know little about Evil Crusher, but he seems to be so powerful that if he conjured a shield like that, there is no way Scratch would ever be able to break through it.

Let us also note here that Scratch's vision is not impaired when he uses his ability.

Another thing being how will he appear in the RP (if I even get approved)? Scratch can't just fall out of the skies. (Plus he cannot fly yet, since he has no wings)

EDIT: Read a little bit on the main page... Can Dark Crusher can be invisible? Is that what you mean? I guess we can assume Scratch could see him with his ability (unless it was meant to be undetectable to even magic), but he'd probably figure out a way around it if he found about it.

Edited by Coryn02

Evil/Dark Crusher has a ability that forms a barrier that bends light around him providing the illusion that he is not there. When he 'cloaks' he seems to just faze out and all you see is what was behind him now, even shadows (where it used to only work best.... till his power up x.x now it works everywhere) are left as if he was not there. And since he's using the amount of magic a GoN can use......

Believe, me, not my idea for him to have that kind of power. Just putting that out there.

And alrighty, if Scratch's sight is 'normal' when using his ability then you might want to make note of that so others know.

As for jumping in, you could have him wonder across there path, the group just returned to the land after all, you could have him in a human caravan in a cage that eventually crosses paths with the group as well, number of ways

Edited by little lost dragon

Well, when I say 'normal' I really mean that whatever he is focusing on is perfectly clear, but everything else is really fuzzy.

I'll add the bit in there with the sight like I just explained. But before I can post, I need approval. Cage idea sounds nice, but I'm thinking something with a bear in it maybe.

Edited by Coryn02

Sounds great. Thanks!

Only thing I don't quite understand is how Evil Crusher's domain fits into the map, or what he is doing. Or how he got so powerful (I couldn't imagine making a character that way and getting accepted). But all in good time, and I am tired. Good night!

Right now Evil Crusher is elsewhere for now to allow the RP to get up again.

As for why Evil Crusher is so dang powerful now is a bit of a long story.

He was at first only made to be a cheap villain to get the RP going, back then all he could do was project his voice off objects and cloak and very skilled in tooth and claw combat with bone platting growing on his scales rendering tooth and claw against him useless. However he had no magic ability beyond cloaking. But as time went on a sub plot was approved for him to steal a GoN's powers. That was my idea, but the community from then decided that he should become the main RP villain, and to keep said powers and it was voted so. Again, not my idea and I made sure they knew that.

As a result now we have a very skilled in tooth and claw combat, and the magic power of a GoN rolled into a character who will skin you alive just to make you scream for his own entertainment, yes thats how cruel he can be. He does have a weakness however but hardly anyone try's to use it. And no its nothing to do with combat.

Um.... no lol. But your right on how close one needs to get with out being killed on the spot to make use of his weakness, at least its easier for one to make use of it when there in reach. Which is possible if one strikes a deal with him to not have him kill that one who strikes the deal.

Edited by little lost dragon

Right now Evil Crusher is elsewhere for now to allow the RP to get up again.

As for why Evil Crusher is so dang powerful now is a bit of a long story.

He was at first only made to be a cheap villain to get the RP going, back then all he could do was project his voice off objects and cloak and very skilled in tooth and claw combat with bone platting growing on his scales rendering tooth and claw against him useless. However he had no magic ability beyond cloaking. But as time went on a sub plot was approved for him to steal a GoN's powers. That was my idea, but the community from then decided that he should become the main RP villain, and to keep said powers and it was voted so. Again, not my idea and I made sure they knew that.

As a result now we have a very skilled in tooth and claw combat, and the magic power of a GoN rolled into a character who will skin you alive just to make you scream for his own entertainment, yes thats how cruel he can be. He does have a weakness however but hardly anyone try's to use it. And no its nothing to do with combat.

I see. That certainly explains a lot...

I have an idea on how to put Scratch in the RP, but I'd need to know where the group is exactly and how much human activity there is in that area (and how close).

If I'm not mistaken, we're at the bottom left corner just below the point where this map ends. As for human activity, I'm not sure about that.

Oh, and I just realised that the map is basically the map at the Dragon Cave...

If I'm not mistaken, we're at the bottom left corner just below the point where this map ends. As for human activity, I'm not sure about that.

Oh, and I just realised that the map is basically the map at the Dragon Cave...

Well, are there many people in the area (if any)? What do they do usually(again, if any)?

Umm...I have no idea. I mean, we haven't really encountered any humans. Yet. You'll have to ask LLD. happy.gif

Haven't seen this much activity related to the RP in a long time.

Dream is correct humans besides a *cough*shapeshifter*cough* have not been encountered directly in the RP's current time. But that can change if need be.

Actually, I got a good idea for how this could work (assuming no humans are in the area already).

With the assumptions above correct, a group of humans travel a safe distance away from the area where the group of dragons (IE, everyone else) live. They happen to be poachers, humans who capture or hunt wild animals illegally. Dragon hunting can be assumed to be outlawed in most places, due to the obvious fact that their brethren would counterattack most viciously on the entire local population.

Having captured Scratch, they intend to travel through the land to sell him to a private buyer for a high price. What would then happen here is that

1) one of the members of the dragon group would notice the humans, or

2) Scratch manages to handle the men himself and finds the group afterwards

What do you think? I'd ideally like to get things right the first time. If you don't like the idea I have, I'm open to any suggestions you have.

Edited by Coryn02

I suppose that could work

But since this is midevil times many become really rich from killing a dragon and bringing its body back to be skinned and scales sold and stuff. And the ones that some how tame dragons are very well known and well.... you get the idea lol

I suppose that could work

But since this is midevil times many become really rich from killing a dragon and bringing its body back to be skinned and scales sold and stuff. And the ones that some how tame dragons are very well known and well.... you get the idea lol

That makes sense, but the buyers want this dragon alive, explaining his being in a cage.

Should I start writing a post?

Posted! Now I'm just counting on someone noticing. Scratch might decide to act on his own, or someone might come to investigate. It just depends.

Will post when I can, but this evening is kind of busy for me and right afterwards heading to a friends place for a sleep over so, might not be able to post till tomorrow, just a heads up.