sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

Well drat, I was hoping it would pick up enough speed to not collapse again... Well, considering we almost made it to 700 pages of IC, that's a feat! It had a great run, so even though I only joined near the end I imagine it was a lot of fun.

Yeah. I could probably force myself to write something short, but I feel like I shouldn't have to be stuck this long with the number of people signed up.

I think the only way we could keep this going is turning it into a 1x1 or 1x2 roleplay, but that's only possible if LLD rejoins.

Edited by Booo

I could try, not sure how often I could post, but I could try.

But your right, with all the people who have signed up, its.... very odd that its so dead.

I could try, not sure how often I could post, but I could try.

But your right, with all the people who have signed up, its.... very odd that its so dead.

I guess it might be possible without you rejoining since there are still a few people wanting to continue, but doing a 1x2 means everyone would have to really be committed from now on or we could easily fall into endless limbo thanks to one person.

I feel like this could have possibly been avoided if people actually asked for help when stuck. I'm happy to throw ideas at you if you ask, and I've said this multiple times here before, but one or more people will just stay quiet while the rest of us wait like they assume it won't have an impact (and then finally speak up when I PM them. Like, really?). Or they wait an extremely long time before finally saying "I'm stuck" and just leave it at that like that somehow makes up for the fact that you left us hanging for so long. And I admit that I'm guilty of having made people wait for longer than they should, but at least I keep everyone up to date about why I'm absent and say when I should be back.

If you don't care enough to post regularly then DON'T JOIN! It's really not that hard to understand.

/end of rant

Agreed, hence why I haven't opted to return yet, I know I can't maintain a steady post schedual yet with my head and work. Kind of why as well even when my head was healthy I stopped joining RP's. Too many signing up, interacting with my characters then poofing. Weeks later saying 'Oh had homework' or sick or something.

It does not take long to give a short post letting people know ya won't be around. Short of losing the internet and a disaster be it health or weather (hurricanes ect) can't think of many reasons why one would not be able to give that short post.

Never mind just plain ditching after joining. Ok it won't always be ones cup of tea but honestly, if you lost interest, let us know your leaving. Don't try and be a pain and leave everyone hanging. But I suppose though that would be common sense.... ain't so common though anymore.

I suppose I could PM the few who I think are still interested, but then I think we'd have to be a lot more strict about who we can accept from now on.

Aside from those already signed up, what if only those invited by an approver can join? Or would that be too limiting?

Edited by Booo

Hey, I'm back.

Invited by approver? Hum... I don't know. I have no idea if that's too limiting.

Apologies about the inactivity.

So um... want me to post? Or am I out?

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Hm, that might work, though only if the approvers are always actively looking for people, at least subconsciously; otherwise there won't be many sign-ups over a long period of time. A stricter character sheet and PM-for-approvals might work... or maybe I'm banking too much on laziness. Or as an idea, we could try requiring three connected posts be made before someone is actually approved. So the way it would work is that someone makes a sheet, and if the sheet looks good then he is expected to make three posts within 7 days, but no closer than a few hours apart (or however many would work). All three of these posts would have to be related like they're actual RP posts, but the content doesn't have to be related to the roleplay; all the posts would be there for is to show that commitment can be made after the first post can be made.

Granted, I don't think this has ever been tried before, but it might work...? Since the only thing we're looking for is commitment, really. Speaking of which, I'm willing to keep going if you guys want to keep this alive; just be aware that I will be slower at posting since my RP "fire" has almost died out. (I'm throwing as much kindling on it as I can, I promise! xd.png)

About the only people I know on this forum are here now lol, everyone else has moved on largely to other forums and sites and such. As such, I don't anyone I'd like to invite here lol.

However I like skwerl56767's idea, maybe shorten it down to 3 or so days from 7 but I like where the system goes. Would show if they can be bothered to maintain some regularity. Each post that counts must be so many hours apart and once they pass the test, its one of the elements that leads to their character being approved.

Yeah, that could work. I get that there aren't a lot of active roleplayers on DC, but at the time I was thinking that we would only invite someone if we were low on players and they would have to be fairly regular on the forums (like a level 5 or higher).

If you and Skwerl think the 7 day "test" might be worth a shot then I'll send PM's to those still signed on.

So um... want me to post? Or am I out?

You can if you want, but don't expect a reply from anyone quite yet. We might do a time skip once we know how many people are still interested.

Edited by Booo

Alright. I'll wait until we decide on yimeskip or no, and then go through with it, as I don't want to mess up any plans by mistake.

Username: SuperfluousBear

Name: Tambi

Type/Breed: Holiday 2015

Power: Snowblind: a dazzling white light that temporarily blinds the foe

Personality: Tambi has many moments of sweetness, but all the same is headstrong. Enjoys hiking in the woods and tundra, and imitating birds. While sleepy after just waking, he watches the sun play off the clouds. Cautious around strangers.

Appearance: His mane has a golden sheen and is a darker color than most. The gold markings are almost a pale brown, and his silvery body is opalescent and slightly greenish in most lights. When using superpower, Tambi turns a silvery pearl color and arches his back, closing his eyes. The land around the foe in the 5 foot radius emits the blinding light.

Age/Stage: 35 years, recently grown into a matured hatchling.

History: Bred in captivity, Tambi found himself handed off to a human while still a young hatchling. He comes by for treats and nuzzles, and is still learning more independence from his small, bipedal parent. While allowed free range of the woods by the village where his human lives, he gets lonely now and then and returns. During his visits he causes a bit of havoc, accidentally or out of curiosity, but still manages to be popular with the villagers. His human has grown old and tired. How lonesome and confusing to be adopted by a creature with a shorter lifespan!

Extra: They are not superpowers, but his bites and scratches are nothing to scoff at. He has powerful jaws. As for his claws, he doesn't take the best care of them and they can get a little ragged, but sharp enough.

As much as I'd like to continue this, SuperfluousBear, you may have noticed by now that the RP has come to a halt. I'm still open to trying again IF we can rekindle people's interest, but I have yet to hear back from Skwerl or LLD (or anyone for that matter) so I doubt it'll happen.

o: There was a response expected? I thought we were waiting for... something... (goes back to check thread.) A timeskip? No, maybe it was something else... eh...

I'm still around, but you're pretty much right about the rekindling; I've lost interest at this point. I'm not sure what to do with Cetn, and it would take me a bit to go back to roleplaying him anyway. It's certainly not impossible - I could do it - but at this point I don't think it matters much.

I would suggest a reboot, but my experience with reboots hasn't been a great one. I think this RP is pretty much done...

Honestly, me too. I was waiting for the timeskip, and then it never happened and I went briefly inactive and then I came back for TEGS:R... but I don't really feel like entering other RPs.

Username: Tacomaster123

Name: Bob

Type/Breed: Coastal Waverunner

Power: Can fly at super-high speeds

Personality: Happy and Friendly

Appearance: normal

Age/Stage: hatchling

History: was bred

Extra: none

Username: UnnamedClockwork

Name: Gale

Type/Breed: Nihostrife

Power: Can manipulate air and water

Personality: Not much to talk and she is very determined. She will defend her friends to the end but is very independent and often goes on her own.

Appearance: Like a Nihostrife but slightly darker purple with brighter blue and longer tail. Longer horns and longer claws with a more puffed out chest and not many stripes on her wings, still developing her wings more and getting better at controlling her powers.

Age/Stage: Mature Hatchling

History: She was taken away from her nest as a hatchling rather than an egg and grew up in an old cave after she was abandoned. She learned more about the world quickly when she watched as the world changed. She was determined to help fight for freedom and safety for all her fellow dragons. She was born with enhanced ability to control air and can easily manipulate water as well. She hates humans with a passion and hates them for ever breaking up families of dragons and ruining their lives. She has never killed a human but is still searching for the one(s) who killed her family and broke them away.

Extra: n/a

As much as I'd like to continue this, SuperfluousBear, you may have noticed by now that the RP has come to a halt. I'm still open to trying again IF we can rekindle people's interest, but I have yet to hear back from Skwerl or LLD (or anyone for that matter) so I doubt it'll happen.

I thought it was dead for good, though guess I kept the tabs open for something lol.

Hello! I have never RP'd on Dragon cave before, but I have extensive experience on other forums I would love to make a character and take a crack at this if all we need is new blood to keep the RP going. Unfortunately, I don't think I could possibly catch up on all the history of this RP. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help~

Um... Hello from me to. I'm also new to DC and would like to join in on the fun. It seems like all the RPs are kind of dead here, as many haven't seen a new post in a year, but they are all so interesting. I'd love to jump into the "hatchlings" world if you'd be willing. 

Edited by Kaykoniko

@Kaykoniko this RP's already dead. If you wanna find an active rp, I suggest checking out the Freeform RPs section and seeing if there's anything you're interested in there.

Username: SarkhanVol

Name: Cao Mengde

Type/Breed:  Thalassa Xenowyrm

Power: Memory Alteration. Due to unknown factors during it's birth and suffering and recovering from many illnesses had some how developed into a strange mutation that allowed Cao Mengde to access, alter, adjust, restore, and even erase memories from other dragons. This can range from erasing a personal trauma, altering ones phobias, or even giving others irrational fears and phobias rooted in events that never happened but their minds seem to recall. The biggest limitation to this is the unhindered focus required and the delicate process of memory adjustment. One slip up or loss of focus can spell disaster for those Mengde may seek to aid or hinder. Aged and not a member of the resistance Cao Mengde instead acts as a sort of sage located in a coastal cavern, with rumors spread about a cavern that case grant one unmatched bravery and put old ghosts to rest.

Personality: Cao Mengde is an aged and old Thalassa that is noted for an elderly if not snarky behavior. Known only as the Sage of the Coastal Cavern, Cao Mengde does not entertain foolishness or recklessness lightly, nor does he accept disrespect from those who are younger. Known for his staunch pride in his powers and usefulness he lives a secluded lifestyle visited by few, and those few he does entertain walk away forgetting of the personal meeting, only knowing that something happened in the cave that helped them overcome previous fears or perhaps gaining some. He makes no bias between good and evil, and he seems to take a particular interest in the few visitors that are truly talented. He also has a fierce rivalry with several 'brood' other scattered Sages and is fiercely competitive with the Gaia Xenowyrm Sage of the Forest Liu Xuande. 

Appearance: Cao Mengde is distinct from other Thalassa's in his unique coating, where many Thalassa are noted for their brilliant pink scales and teal underbellies, Cao Mengde is noted for having deep blue scales with a dark purple underbelly aswell as having unique golden eyes and a long scar running across his left eye from a previous conflict with the Sage of the Forest Cavern Liu Xuande. 

Age/Stage: Adult

History: Cao Mengde, aswell as the other 'Cavern Sages' are noted to be unusual cases for Dragons in that they are said to be the reincarnations of ancient warlords of a different era. Each possessing many traits of their supposed predecessors personality and intellect-wise it is for this reason many consider Cao Mengde to be the craftiest and potentially the most villainous of the Cavern Sages. Before this old Xenowyrm was known as 'Cao Mengde the Coastal Cavern Sage' he was merely Cao Mengde of an unknown brood. Separated from his brood in his youth he had miraculously survived countless illnesses and afflictions and survived on his own merits that would have otherwise killed those with lesser will and desire to live and thus when he matured he isolated himself from others, abandoning the world as it had abandoned him. Famously noted for claiming 'I would rather betray the world, than have the world betray me' had led to many conflicts with the future 'Sage of the Forest Cavern' Liu Xuande who lived a polar opposite lifestyle and lived by a separate and opposite creed. Bitter enemies their past lives equally hated eachother and to this day it is why the Coastal Cavern is on the opposite side of the continent as the Forest Cavern, because they both swore to never share the same skies and earth. Currently he bides his time entertaining few guests to his Coastal Cavern where those he deems worthy and talented can have their previous fears assuaged and their anxieties removes, for the right price as well as offering sage advice to those who seek it when it comes to stratagems and tactics that he has learned from both this lifetime and his many past lives. 

Extra: