sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

That's ok, we'll figure something out. Thanks for letting us know. smile.gif

So this is what it looks like then?

Username: BlaBlaDragon34

Name: Auris

Type/Breed: Yellow Crowned

Power: He has a faint gold aura that constantly glows around his tail, horns, paws, and wing-tips. Somehow, he can harness this aura and draw it up to his horns to shoot out a beam of light. However, it consumes a lot of energy and strength. The aura grows fainter and he usually falls asleep after using it. Until he is mature, this beam can only blind people.

Personality: He's fast and timid at hatchling. Once his wings grow in, however, he becomes semi-competitive, playful, and generally weird in whatever is going on under those blue-and-gold scales of his.

Appearance: His egg dark blue on the bottom, a gold stripe in the middle, and sandy colored on top. He's a very dark blue with bright gold where normal Yellow Crowned dragons have their yellow. The gold parts of him glow with a golden aura. This is how he got his name, base word aura.

Age/Stage: Newborn

History: He was an egg of a female nomad Yellow Crowned who was with a pack of nomad dragons, travelling across the desert, when he was dropped near an oasis. He landed sandy-colored side up, and his mother could not find him. She had to move on, or the pack would leave without her. Later on, the pack was attacked by Evil Crusher, and most of the dragons were killed, including his mother.

Extra: N/A

Just a reminder that we'd like you to post at least once every 3 days once your character gets approved and to let us know if you're going to be gone for longer.

Kinda, yeah, except he's still an egg at this point, currently.

I'll try to do something with Irah later today since it appears we've hit a roadblock.

@BlaBlaDragon34 Before I approve you, I noticed that you only reply once a week at the most. We need you to post in the RP every 3 days on average and let us know when you can't for whatever reason. Can I trust you to do this?

@little lost dragon Dang... Hang in there mate.

But wouldn't Vulkoor notice the yelling? Both EP and Roluth shouted at some point; the former about vampires and the latter about fish.

True, I was having a hard time replying due to that earlier. I'll reply after school today, if that's OK?

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Yelling? Sorry I've been so out of the loop with everything for the past three weeks........ My boyfreind left me and I've been pretty depressed since then, everything's just been a haze.

Oh yeah. I was going to have him glance/glare/throw a fish at roluth but I didn't really know how to put it in the post without an awkward cut off.

~~

Ok I've edited the post a little better. Sorry for the confusions.

I'll post in the RP tomorrow, but I want to mention something here before I forget.

Skwerl and I were thinking of introducing 2 temporary characters who are followers of EC. This should hopefully make the plot a little more interesting, but I need to make sure everyone is ok with it first. Especially LittleLostDragon since EC is his character.

Here's the basic summary of their motives. Maybe LittleLostDragon will decide which direction best suits EC if he's not completely opposed to this.

Evil Crusher has sent out two Black dragons to try to entice other dragons into joining their cause. Basically, EC wants to build an army/cult which he can use to invade neighboring lands and take control of their monarchies. Since LLD said that EC doesn't care to force others into being his slaves, I thought it would make more sense if he used his cunning wit to talk others into thinking that humans are not only dangerous, but inferior, and need to either be destroyed or forced to abide by their rules.

As for why EC wants to do this, well, other than craving control, he also likes destruction in general (like burning a castle to the ground if the king and queen won't give in) and it's a way to convince other dragons to like him and see him as someone who helps alleviate their fears of humans taking over and depleting the land of its resources. Also because he's so powerful, chances are his followers would see as a god who would grant them with riches and power.

OR this could all just be a ploy so that he doesn't have to worry about being ganged up on. It's sorta the opposite of what Crusher is doing, but I don't know if that's something that EC would genuinely worry about or if he even sees Crusher as a threat.

So hopefully that wasn't confusing. What do you guys think?

Hmmm.... um... I suppose he also can't be everywhere at once. And while he wants to see everything burn for his own amusement, since he's so powerful he'd find little challenge now too.

I suppose he would look to find more fun and interesting ways to start chaos around him. And one way to do this is to twist the truth to bring others to his cause. (they'd all die eventually though he won't say that bit at all lol)

I suppose it could work, but remember he does not care for control, or building a empire, everything he does is to create pain and destruction. The fact he has 'rules' he places on others is to A, keep him reigned for RP reasons, and B, let him watch as they live in fear of his wrath.

Oh, I see. I thought he liked to be in control for some reason and that it was part of the reason why he threatened the clan when they wanted to fly.

Does he see Crusher as a threat at all since Crusher knows him inside and out?

Edited by Booo

Oh... oops sorry. Let me go think of how to have EP react.

Edit: EP noted it in my edit of that post. If you think she should react further, please let me know.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Hm...I'm not sure what else to do right now other than have Irah eat the fish. :/

Oh, I see. I thought he liked to be in control for some reason and that it was part of the reason why he threatened the clan when they wanted to fly.

Does he see Crusher as a threat at all since Crusher knows him inside and out?

He sees Crusher as a threat, but while a bit tactically unwise, that's part of why he keeps Crusher alive. they are the same and he knows it. He not sure how, but he knows it.

I never did find out. What's the current plot/subplot?

I'll try to summarize the best I can.

After being missing for a year, an acquaintance (female Nhiostrife) returned to the clan's home cave and unexpectedly attacked Artemis while she had her back turned. After pinning the Nhiostrife down, she hints to Crusher that more are on their way and, after questioning her further, Crusher figures out that she was most likely brainwashed by his nemesis. Not wanting to take chances, Crusher announces to everyone that he doesn't think their home is safe anymore and that he feels he's running out of options, but that he knows someone in the eastern desert who might be able to help them. No one knows who this 'someone' is except Crusher and he hasn't mentioned anything about them.

After leaving for the desert, they stopped to rest for the night in a forest and light a campfire before falling asleep. Now it's morning and after waking up, Crusher noticed that two of the hatchlings, Sky and Mihari, have vanished. Irah tearfully informs him that Sky (her best friend) willingly left, but no one knows where Mihari went. So now, Crusher and company are at the river where they were hoping to find him and are catching some breakfast while they're there. Artemis stayed at the campfire to look after the youngest hatchlings.

I'll try to do something with Irah later today since it appears we've hit a roadblock.

@BlaBlaDragon34 Before I approve you, I noticed that you only reply once a week at the most. We need you to post in the RP every 3 days on average and let us know when you can't for whatever reason. Can I trust you to do this?

@little lost dragon Dang... Hang in there mate.

Oh, yes, I usually have a lot of time on my hands. I just forget things sometimes. I'll put up a reminder on my computer or something, however, for most of the week, I'll only be able to post in a certain time period, since even though I usually have a small amount of homework that I can do later in the week, my mother insists I do some every day.

Edited by BlaBlaDragon34

Great! If you don't mind fetching the form and making the necessary changes then I'll approve your character.

I think everyone has been distracted by the Halloween event, but I'll start poking people tomorrow so we can hopefully get the RP going at a steady pace again.

Great! If you don't mind fetching the form and making the necessary changes then I'll approve your character.

I think everyone has been distracted by the Halloween event, but I'll start poking people tomorrow so we can hopefully get the RP going at a steady pace again.

Alrighty then!

Username: BlaBlaDragon34

Name: Auris

Type/Breed: Yellow Crowned

Power: What he calls, the 'Aura Blast'. At Hatchie/Mature Hatchie, he can only blind people with this, and requires a great deal of energy.

Personality: He's naturally loud, his voice usually raises from a whisper to a half-yell rather quickly. However, he only gets loud if a light is on. In the dark, he feels some sort of need to be quiet. He's also fast, adventurous, and (if you read the Harry Potter series/watched the movies) has all the qualities for a Gryffindor.

Appearance: He's dark blue with a more gold color for the yellow. And, oddly, has a white ring around his neck. Egg Appearance: Sandy on the bottom and dark blueish-navy on top, with a white ring around the middle.

Age/Stage: Egg

History: He was the egg of a female nomad Yellow Crowned, and his father was a Gold Dragon. They both lived in the same nomad pack. Near an oasis, he was dropped sand-colored side up and could not be found. The pack had to keep moving, for a sandstorm was on its' way. During the sandstorm, the pack was ambushed by Evil Crusher and either taken for slaves/prisoners or killed.

Extra: He has a sister named Vyki, who was also an egg at the time the pack was ambushed by Evil Crusher. It is unknown whether she is alive or dead.

I think you forgot to describe how his power works. :3

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to have limited internet access for a week. So I probably won't post in the RP until November 11th (if this ever picks up again sleep.gif) but I'll still respond to PMs.

I'm going to assume this is dead now since no one seems to want to reply. sleep.gif Well, it's been fun. Too bad it had to end like this.

Still lurkin about, but yeah. The RP had a good run and in a way, with the group heading to new lands, seen many story's end off on that note before.