Saiph

Dragon games!

It is fun, but the battle system is a little boring to me. X'D I still have no idea how Exias got to level 100 within 30 days with his first character. Then again, he got a mentor who could give him tips on what to hunt and made him decent armor so he could probably level faster.

I'd usually just beat up golems for exp. They would spit out trophies regularly too, which was nice since turning those in once you hit 50 is easier then just plain grinding for exp. I loved diving into small groups and using shield of gold to keep myself from being hurt. xd.png Though I always had to be careful, they aggro really easy and they can ground you and keep you from moving. Not fun to be surrounded by golems at that point when your abilities are on CD.

Dragon Games? Hmm...well saying in Video Games, there's: Eragon (Not well done among the movie. I liked it, but agreeing with the people, it could have been better followed with the book), Lunar Dragon Song (You fight the dragons, but you are granted their power through these 'dragon rings'), Dragon Booster (Dragon Racing, based on the actual show) and The Legend of Spyro Series. Pretty much all I can tell with dragons in it at least. Other than that...if you go on facebook, there's: Dragon City and Dragons of Atlantis.

Edited by Zilverwing

I can't believe this has got to 3 pages without Dragonfable coming up....

Basically, you go on an adventure, hatch a dragon. You then do adventures as a pirate, ninja, dragon lord, ranger, spirit weaver, and more with your dragon, with these amazing companions.

There's also wars you can take part in, Halloween trick or treating, and the special Christmas land...its epic <3 Ok, you do have to pay to unlock more features/special coins, but personally I think its worth it biggrin.gif

EDIT: For the guidelines. You can train your dragon, choose its element, even customise it smile.gif Can't actively PVP - just with someones computer played character.

Edited by Emeraldmay

I can't believe this has got to 3 pages without Dragonfable coming up....

Basically, you go on an adventure, hatch a dragon. You then do adventures as a pirate, ninja, dragon lord, ranger, spirit weaver, and more with your dragon, with these amazing companions.

There's also wars you can take part in, Halloween trick or treating, and the special Christmas land...its epic <3 Ok, you do have to pay to unlock more features/special coins, but personally I think its worth it biggrin.gif

EDIT: For the guidelines. You can train your dragon, choose its element, even customise it smile.gif Can't actively PVP - just with someones computer played character.

Is that a downloadable game? Sounds promising if it is.

Is that a downloadable game? Sounds promising if it is.

It's a browser game. Just google it.

There's an MMORPG called Istaria where you can make and customize your own dragon character. Last time I checked you had to pay for it but I think it might be free now O:

I'm hooked on Mabinogi right now so I haven't gotten a chance to download and play but I would love a review from someone who has.

Anyone?

I dunno if Fleetfiend is still around, but the name of that PS2 game you were talking about is Dragon Rage. I bought it too but it was not a very good game. Too bad too, it had a cool concept. Very poorly executed.

I of the Dragon I remember liking, but I have a really hard time running it on my computer, even on compatibility mode so I never got very into it.

The Drakengard games were ok, decent enough gameplay but very bland/confusing story, especially with all the multiple endings. And some really messed up stuff, like gigantic demon babies. o.O

The original Spyro games were fun, personally I disliked how you couldn't fly at will. I understand why from a gameplay perspective, but still. I haven't played any of the games newer than Year of the Dragon.

I would guess that one of the reasons why dragon games are rarely developed and almost universally poor in quality is because of difficulties with gameplay. Yes dragons are awesome but from a gameplay view, they're both limited in variety (weapons, etc) and vastly overpowered, not to mention that normal character/game limitations like travel just don't exist.

One day...

OK, if I ever go into video game design, this will be PROJECT NUMERO UNO.

There is a serious lack of good dragon games.

Edited by Spelunker

I'm going to dump my dragon game ideas here.

You get to pick a dragon sub-species that have their unique characteristics like gigantic wyrms or tiny and quick wyverns.

The game would let you learn whatever abilities you want. So, you could be a classic fire breather or a cold-blooded frost dragon.

The combat in the game would have two systems: one for aerial and one for ground.

The air combat would be like in most plane simulators, you chase your enemy and try to shoot him down with your breath. It's a basic dog fight concept.

The ground combat would be a lot more different. When on the ground you have to strafe roll and do whatever to avoid the enemies attacks while dishing out your own attacks.

There would be multiple modes: hoard mode, survival mode and battle mode.

In hoard mode all players are split in to two teams. Each team has it's own hoard they have to protect from the opposing team. When the time for the match runs out or one of the teams steals all of their enemies treasure the match ends and the team with the most gold wins.

In survival mode a small team of dragons have to survive waves of other mythical beasts like manticores, griffons, trolls, etc.

In battle mode each dragon is on his own. In order to win you have to be the last one standing.

And that is all I currently have. You can PM me for more if you want. biggrin.gif

I miss the cute old Spyro games for PSX. lol

hmm Does Legend of Dragoon count? There are weird looking Dragons in the game as well as the main group turns into Dragoons.

some of my favourite dragon games are

the Drakengard games

Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter (the dragon in this one always made me sad)

Dragon Rage

Spyro Year of the Dragon

Spyro Dawn of the Dragon

in Dragon Rage you play as the Dragon trying to save your kind from the enemy, its an old PS2 game

in Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter you could say the dragon gives you its power because it wants to see the sky again (its hard to explain)

Edited by InugamiZERO

I'm not sure if this counts, but the one I've been playing for a while now is Dragon Nest.

There are a few dragons you meet along the way, some friend some foe (in other words the big bosses of raids). While there's no playing as the dragon itself, you get to interact with them and learn quite a bit of interesting lore.

Well

Drakan - the orther of the flame (quite old but that control of the dragon is amazing, I still have it.)

Warcaft 3 and WoW - WOTLK

I want to get also the I of the dragon, (for both playing and ripping the dragons from it) but after playing dracan it felt very bad, when I once played it, Arokh is far more of fun to control.

Edited by Morell

Spyro was absolutely the best! My favorites would have to be the ones for the first Playstation.

Does anybody else play any app dragon games, like on an android tablet/iphone? I use my mom's to fiddle around with DragonVale and Dragon Mania: Legends. They're pretty fun, in their own ways.

divinity 2 ego draconis or its "better version" knights of flame or something (I is tired atm) is good.

I don't think Dark souls would count but i'd count it anyways.......

I'd have to say that Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga which was Atlus's remake of the horribly broken original version Divinity 2: Ego Draconis. -Shudders at the thought of Ego Draconis- So broken...

The original games ending left a lot of people going O_O, but if you get the Dragon Knight Saga it continues afterward with a semi-expansive DLC that helps add it up. And they might be planning a sequel, or so says my 'Atlas Faithful' subscription. ^_~

All I can say is if you do pick up this game, don't expect to get the dragon shifting powers quickly... Its like halfway through the game before you do. xd.png

Then there is also Lair on the PS3, which is an acceptably fun dragon riding game. Though the dragon flight controls are abysmal... The whole controller responding to how its tilted really f's it all up... But you can really train and hone your dragon and yourself. If you stick with it, the game gets pretty fun!

horribly broken original version Divinity 2: Ego Draconis. -Shudders at the thought of Ego Draconis- So broken...

The original games ending left a lot of people going O_O, but if you get the Dragon Knight Saga it continues afterward with a semi-expansive DLC that helps add it up. And they might be planning a sequel.

I can agree with the broken thing, and some of the quests I did are after I beatededed the finally boss are still there....... I cant fly around the island and I cant go to the other places because of "poison gas".

please make a sequal other than original sin......... (wait, are they two separate universe or the same universe?)

I can agree with the broken thing, and some of the quests I did are after I beatededed the finally boss are still there....... I cant fly around the island and I cant go to the other places because of "poison gas".

please make a sequal other than original sin......... (wait, are they two separate universe or the same universe?)

Original Sin is actually a remake of one of the original Divinity games. The 1st one I think which was either a PC game or on a much older system, I can't remember.

The sequel I was talking about was the rumored Divinity 3... Can't wait to see if that comes true.