Saiph

Dragon games!

Did anyone once play the Drakan games? I vaguely remember my brother playing them. :3

got the first of the Drakan game

i too have both Darkengaurd games too, i think that is all though.

How to rasie a dragon was an awesome game, The grapics are awful though but I loved every minute. At first I couldn't work out how to get fire for my dragon so I got really cross and burned the wizard when I got it. Thats for kidnapping me!

The first three spyro games where classic and unique.

Spyro dawn of the dragon. Kind of fun, nothing like the original games, though the graphics are kind of pretty in comparison

*looks up skylanders* ...what the heck? how can they even call this spyro? at least from the originals to dawn of the dragon it looked like an older version, but this? The wikipedia says that before they moved to the skylander version they were going to make a mature spyro. Quite frankly I think that would have been a good and logical step, the people who played it as kids played the originals, then on to the remakes, the next move in that trend would be a mature spyro. Oh well, enough ranting about that

Legend of Dragoon is a fun old one if that counts (I think it does)

I'd like to try a game called Dragon seeds, though because it is old and rare it is expensive, and for what it is I don't think it's worth it

Spyro, The first one was my first dragon game I really got into. I played all his games up to Spyro: Eternal Night then stopped cause I felt that the produces where just milking the franchise for all its worth. It didnt feel like a proper Spyro game the last couple. I mean what happened to saving dragons from crystals, Chasing Gnasty, finding dragon eggs, flaming Moneybags for stealing your money and riding a skateboard. Those where the best Spyro games.

Like most people here I am a fan of dragons, games, and games about dragons. So it is predictable that I'd be looking for a new game with dragons in it. Of course, it is a different kind of game then dragon cave that I'm looking for. I would be very grateful to anyone who could help me out with this. You see, I am looking for a game about dragons that allows you to (preferably with a lot of flexibility towards dragon types/abilities) be or train/own dragons to use in battle. I think my preferences for the game would make it best if it were an MMO, but it doesn't necessarily have to be. To be a little more clear, I've created a list of things I am looking for. A good game with just enough of these would probably satisfy me. I give thanks to anyone who tries to help.

What I'm looking for:

1. The ability to be/control dragons.

Self explanatory. Just having dragon in the title or only being able to fight against them isn't enough.

2. The ability to train dragons and add/hone abilities.

Again, self explanatory. But I would like to put elemental powers like earth, water, fire, and air in as a broad examples. The elemental powers are just examples and not necessarily binding.

3. Combat that involves my dragons.

I already got myself a dragon themed pet game in Dragon Cave. I'm really liking Dragon Cave so I don't need anything similar to replace it. What I'm particularly looking for is something more fighting related to play while I wait for my eggs to hatch so I can get more.

4. A diverse range of dragons.

This isn't required but I'd like to have the choice of more than just one or even a few dragons. I'll go back to elemental dragons as an example. This next thing isn't important, but being able to customize the way my dragons look to a certain extent would be an added bonus. Actually, complete customization of dragons (everything not just looks) is a good way to get around the need of a wide range of dragons. If the game is really good and what I'm looking for, I can overlook a limited range of dragons.

5. PVP Dragon Combat.

This also isn't required. However, I think it'd be really fun to take all the hard work I put into my dragon(s) and own real people online with it (or conversely get owned for stinking biggrin.gif ). This is where the MMO thing comes into play. But if the rest of the game is satisfactory enough, I could go without this feature.

So far I've eliminated three (four if you count WOW xd.png) possibilities in this:

1. Dragon Fable:

It's actually a very good game, but it isn't quite what I'm looking for. However, it does have many of the characteristics I was looking for so it's the closest in the list.

2. Dragons of Atlantis:

Not to offend anyone who likes the game, but I personally didn't like it. I also thought the dragon aspect was extremely limited. It wasn't the kind of thing I'm looking for anyways.

3. Skyrim (and relatives of it):

Skyrim is amazing, but that's really a different kind of game. I put it here anyways as an example of what I don't want.

Dragon Quest. Done.

HOW COULD SKYRIM NOT SUIT YOUR NEEDS??? D:

EDIT: Ahem... there's also a game called Fiesta, but I don't know if you consider it a dragon game. It has some dragons in it.

Edited by CandyRaid

Sadly there is not a Dragon game similar to the one you're looking for yet. I hope so soon - if only Bethesda would listen to all of my pleas for certain games!!

Lair is probably the closest you'll get for most of what you're looking for. Different Types of Dragons, Ride Dragons, not sure about training and such.

The control scheme is sloppy, but if you can get past that it can be an enjoyable game.

The Spyro trilogy, Monster Hunter, Lair, How to train your dragon, the're all amazing games!

Edited by JuulXhorse

Sadly there is not a Dragon game similar to the one you're looking for yet. I hope so soon - if only Bethesda would listen to all of my pleas for certain games!!

Lair is probably the closest you'll get for most of what you're looking for. Different Types of Dragons, Ride Dragons, not sure about training and such.

The control scheme is sloppy, but if you can get past that it can be an enjoyable game.

That's a shame. It'd also explain why I couldn't find one even one I was completely satisfied with on a list of dragon games on Wikipedia. It's weird, you'd think that a game like that would've been made by now with how dragons are so popular and all. I bet if someone was able to make a game like that it'd make them a whole lot of money. I'm sure if people knew about it it'd be pretty popular.

Thanks for trying to help though.

Now I sort of want to be a game maker thingy xd.png.

I've always wanted them, or at least something like Zoo Tycoon where you build their enviroment, but you train them, ride them, ect. Made up my mind. I'm making games when I get older biggrin.gif. But it'd be really cool to do that, raise eggs, dragons, feed, ride, battle, train, all of that!

How to Raise your Dragon, I loved. Graphics could of been done on Paint, but I still love it. At first I gained the power of healing, I had no idea how to use it so I went to the wizard, thinking he was a guide or something. I wanted to kill him, but I needed instructions. A button comes up, so I press it and it heals him. I was almost cursing >.<.

Also, Spyro used to be the cutest thing. Now he's an ugly hairy old man dragon. I liked his old voice actor, even if his voice was annoying. It's graphics are crap anyways, Skylanders. I first played Dawn of the Dragon and loved it, then found the first game made, played it, fell in love. I kept going up, until I saw the Skylander's ad. *pukes*.

I just finished Divinity 2: Eco Draconis, loved it, although the ending left me blink.gif

Ive played Spyro, but Id prefer more realistic dragons thx.

Ive got battle of giants: dragons too, almost finished it. I wish there was more variety tho.

Ive heard of a game called Lair on PS3, If I ever get a ps3 I'll be having a go at that.

I'll also be getting Divinity 3: Dragon Commander when it comes out. Dragon with a jet pack? YES PLZ!!!

i do very much like dragonadopters but the way they have it working kind've confuses me

I've been playing Monster Hunter Tri for awhile now. I love it. You are a hunter and just hunt for monsters (and dragons) and rank up. I've never played the other monster hunters yet.

i have Battle of Giants: Dragons, it's really good!

I also have a account on dragonadopters, but it is quite boring at times.

and this 'how to raise a dragon' sounds good; i think i may go on it in a while smile.gif

Death Dragon: Awakening, an iOS platform app, sounds the closest to what you're looking for. It's got a lot of potiential but is buggy at best and lacking in a lot of areas. It might have been updated by now, though.

If anyone here likes How to Train Your Dragon, or even if you don't, there's Wild Skies. It's a great little browser RPG with free roam and lots of minigames and dragons. New dragons, as I'm aware, are being added as they appear on the TV show. The soundtrack is great too. But here's a tip: turn the graphics level to medium if you play small screen and low if you play full or else it will be hopelessly laggy.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Death Dragon: Awakening, an iOS platform app, sounds the closest to what you're looking for. It's got a lot of potiential but is buggy at best and lacking in a lot of areas. It might have been updated by now, though.

It hasn't been completely updated but I play it. Once you get the hang of the game (you're supposed to die at the beginning... just saying and then walk through the fireydoor thing) it can be quite fun. I still haven't figured out what some of the buttons do though.

It hasn't been completely updated but I play it. Once you get the hang of the game (you're supposed to die at the beginning... just saying and then walk through the fireydoor thing) it can be quite fun. I still haven't figured out what some of the buttons do though.

I know that, xd.png. Took me a while to figure that part out. But I got really bored in the dungeon so I quit.

I wish there was a solid dragon RPG out there (other than Spyro). Most dragon games I've seen feature the dragon as an enemy.

Dragooo is another rather cute iOS dragon app, though it gets boring real fast.

My Dragon, again iOS, is one of those energy freemium games, the type you can only play in short bursts and requires you to spend an arm and a leg if you want to play it for longer. It's cute, but annoying. Fun if you have the patience and/or the money I suppose.

There is a ipod touch/iphone game named Dragon vale. I heard that it is a fun game, but i don't have an ipod touch/iphone so i havn't played it yet..

Edited by creepado

I play it, it's pretty ok but the game is directed towards kids so it's pretty childish in design.

Dragonvale is a "farm type" game or a Zoo Tycoon type thing, where you raise dragons in a park to make "the best park ever". It's pretty cool and updates pretty regularly with new dragons and such. It's an iOS app but it's free. I've played it since it came out...

It's also one of those "freemium" games. I used to play it. Fun at first but it gets annoying after a while.

If you don't mind paying every month, there's Istaria. I love making my dragon on there and fighting to become an adult and eventually an ancient. It just takes a while if you don't know what you're doing, you really have to jump into the player channels and ask for advice, the maps are very confusing once you get out of the beginner towns. It's fun to fly across the map, though it takes a bit of time even if you have your flying speed maxed out, easier to use the portals. *flies most of the time anyways*

So far, one of the few games I keep coming back to cause of the people and the fact that I can be a dragon. :'D Though if you buy a lair to make in that game you'd better have people help you out with building it, they take a long time to finish.

A good game with just enough of these would probably satisfy me. I give thanks to anyone who tries to help.

What I'm looking for:

1. The ability to be/control dragons.

Self explanatory. Just having dragon in the title or only being able to fight against them isn't enough.

2. The ability to train dragons and add/hone abilities.

Again, self explanatory. But I would like to put elemental powers like earth, water, fire, and air in as a broad examples. The elemental powers are just examples and not necessarily binding.

3. Combat that involves my dragons.

I already got myself a dragon themed pet game in Dragon Cave. I'm really liking Dragon Cave so I don't need anything similar to replace it. What I'm particularly looking for is something more fighting related to play while I wait for my eggs to hatch so I can get more.

4. A diverse range of dragons.

This isn't required but I'd like to have the choice of more than just one or even a few dragons. I'll go back to elemental dragons as an example. This next thing isn't important, but being able to customize the way my dragons look to a certain extent would be an added bonus. Actually, complete customization of dragons (everything not just looks) is a good way to get around the need of a wide range of dragons. If the game is really good and what I'm looking for, I can overlook a limited range of dragons.

5. PVP Dragon Combat.

This also isn't required. However, I think it'd be really fun to take all the hard work I put into my dragon(s) and own real people online with it (or conversely get owned for stinking biggrin.gif ). This is where the MMO thing comes into play. But if the rest of the game is satisfactory enough, I could go without this feature.

Ugh ugh ugh, I want something like this too, so much. Something that's like a combination of Space Station Silicon Valley and Spore and Okami or Zelda all mixed up into one beautiful beast. I've played a few Spyro games, but they were just never quite what I was looking for...

I also agree with whoever said that anyone making a great dragon game would probably haul in heaploads of money. Fantasy and video games go hand in hand--and dragons are like the climatic bad boy of both. I imagine it's a lot harder to find a gamer who doesn't like dragons than it is to find one who dies.

If you don't mind paying every month, there's Istaria. I love making my dragon on there and fighting to become an adult and eventually an ancient. It just takes a while if you don't know what you're doing, you really have to jump into the player channels and ask for advice, the maps are very confusing once you get out of the beginner towns. It's fun to fly across the map, though it takes a bit of time even if you have your flying speed maxed out, easier to use the portals. *flies most of the time anyways*

So far, one of the few games I keep coming back to cause of the people and the fact that I can be a dragon. :'D Though if you buy a lair to make in that game you'd better have people help you out with building it, they take a long time to finish.

OMG, I wish that game was free. It looks like so much fun. >.< But my parents aren't about to let me pay to subscribe to a computer game. *sigh*