jaylynn

worst injury ever happened to you

Busted kneecap with further complications. I'm currently using a cane at the ripe old age of... 23.

Edited by Psyduсk

Um i was a few months younger than 2 years, and I fell down about 20 stairs right into a corner of a wall. The skull got damaged (luckily on the hair area), but not too bad, I just needed to wear a hair net thingie for a few weeks. I had to go to urgent care immediately, since I was a baby and it was dangerous. Now my hair doesn't grow where I have the scar from the stitching ~

breaking my arm wheni fell three feet off of a play structure and fractured both my ulna and my radius

got my left foot ran over by a mini van in year 2, someone had 'accidently' pushed me onto the road

i was seven when i ran across the bare asphalt road in our neighborhood. unfortunately i tripped and scraped my knee to the point where the gash was as wide as my hand and bone was showing through and...

it was gruesome.

strangely, i don't remember feeling pain or sadness then...

I took an allergy medicine for my eczema and it turns out I was allergic to it so I got extreme joint discomfort as a side affect. Spent a night in the hospital.

I got a cut from a staple early last month. didnt look bad at the beginning i honestly dont know what happened but one day it started bleeding and it took it awhile for it to finally stop, then the next day i was taking my state testing at school and saw that there was like liquidy stuff coming out of it. i couldnt do anything then becausu i couldnt leave the room until the test was over. it was very hard for me to walk i could hardly put any weight on it at all. that night my mom took me to the doctor because it had a red bound around it and stuff was still coming out. it was infected. i wound up not going to school the next day which was a Friday because I woke up with a fever of 101.2 degrees fahrenheight. She had thought that that was from my infection but i was coughing a bunch and stuff then too so she then guessed that I had a cold on top of my asthma that was what was causing my fever. Saturday and Sunday passed and I still had a fever and that cut was still there. I was coughing so much I could hardly breathe. On Monday my mom almost sent me to school even though I had a fever of 100.5 still but after I had gotten ready i just layed back down in bed and I hardly got any kind of a break from coughing so my mom let me stay home again and she took me back to the doctor. the cut was still there but it had gotten better since i had gone on thursday. the doctor took my temp again and it had come up to 101 again. I was given medicine and was sent home. I did not go back to school until Wednesday so I had been out of school for almost an entire week. It was from my infected cut and whatever that thing was. Ashtma had something to do with it. Im just glad that s over.

I broke my ankle in three spots and my foot in two spots. A freakish snowboarding accident in winter of '07. When I fell, I tried to get back up and that's when I felt another bone crack. I had to get two pins in my ankle. Basically the entire winter, I got my friends to drag me around on a sled. I still have issues with my ankle even now. It grinds and pops but there's absolutely nothing the doctors can do. It healed kinda weird and the absolute only thing that can be done is to rebreak the bone and have it re set. AHAHA, NO WAY AM I DOING THAT. So, I deal with it.

Yesterday, I fell down the stairs. Poor Donald (my pit bull rescue) was in the way.totally NOT his fault. He landed on me, I landed on the hardwood floor. Ouch. Here I am typing this with a cast on my left hand and Donald sitting next to me eating a pig ear. We both got hurt. At least Donald is here to cheer me up.

Does a rotting gallbladder count as an injury?

Thought not.

So when I was five, playing in a kiddie pool. Got sent to time out behind a pair of bushes. Stomp stomp stomp. Scream. Stomped on a broken beer bottle.

My summer sucked. No swimming, could barely walk, due to the stitches on the bottoms of my feet.

~*~

Or: I got a bike for Christmas when I was 10. Couldn't ride it till the snow was gone. Finally, in April, I got to ride it. Got on, pushed the pedal. The chain came off, my ankle got twisted around the pedal. I didn't break it, just sprain.

But, being big even then, I couldn't hold myself up on crutches. I kept falling off the crutches and landing on that foot. So, I stopped using the crutches after bout 2 days. Now, every once in a while, I'll be walking normally and throw my foot out, dislocate it.

~*~

Or it could have been this February. I was at my parent's house. Mom just got finished telling me the ground was icy. Stepped off the bottom step onto the walkway and down I went, hitting my head on the edge of the railing and landing on my butt. My head hurt more than my backside at first. Then, when that subsided, my backside was so sore. It took several months for my butt to heal. (If that doesn't sound bad, just be aware that I'm a big girl. And all of me falling on one spot… yeah. That does some damage.)

Edited by Kanaye

That sounds terrible. I have a friend who has fracturred her ankle twice and it never healed properly.

I also have another one that happened to me that was preetty bad. This one happend like 2 and a half years ago. I was 7 and I was out playing tag in the front yard with my friends. I was barefoot. Suddenly duringthe game I ran over some ofthe grass in part of the yard that I havent gone to during the entire game and when i went past it I felt something really sharp go into my foot. I lifted my foot to see that it was dripping blood. My friend had to guide me to the sidewalk as I hopped on my foot that was not hurt. There was one time during that when I started to lose my balance but my friend grabbed me. Then as soon as I sat down on the concrete we sent my older sister who was 14 at the time inside the house to get my dad. My foot was still bleeding when he came out. He carried me inside so he could stop thebleeding and get the pieces of glass that was in my foot out. The cut was deep I had to get stitches. and I couldnt play for a couple ofdays.

Edited by Spottedleaf

Last Summer, I was tying up my dog using a half metal and half rope chain. (Hoping to enlarge it so he could have more room to move around our back yard without going near the fence which we've tried to fix 6 times. He still jumps it...) While I was securing his collar, I didn't realize the chain was wrapped around my left foot and before I could move... (our giant and strong Blue tick hound) ...the dog saw a wild rabbit and took off as fast as he could causing the chain to deeply carve into my ankle. Surprisingly, it didn't bleed that much.

It is still healing and I hope I keep the scar!

I got my firstscar when I was 4years old. I was at my sister's friend's 11th birthday party and it was at a lake with a swinging rope that you could use to drop into the water with. I decided to climb up on the dock that you had to climb to get to the rope.I grabbed the rope and started swinging on it.I let go because I thought I would drop into the water. But, no I let go early and I was sent crashing to the ground below me which was a patch of sharp, brown rocks.I landed on my hands and knees. When I stood up, there was blood streaming down from my right knee. I couldnt participate in the rest of the party because I had bled so much and the cut was deep. My friend's mom carried me over to the picnic table where she and the other adults were sitting and began to stop the bleeding. Now I have a deep scar that is still o n my legg from where I fell

Edited by Spottedleaf

My worst injury was when I was in first grade. I was riding my bike (it had training wheels) down a pretty steep hill, and on the way down, my bike toppled over, and I scraped my leg and knee against the sidewalk. My knee was bleeding, but I only scraped the skin on my shin, so it didn't actually bleed.

I was a little girl wanting to go with my sister anywhere she went. They wouldn't let me go, and I tried to go out the door but they closed it on the back of my foot and ripped the skin off of it.

It was gross. :c

My worst injury would probably be when I was 5. I was playing a game with my sister and ended up in the ER with a badly dislocated arm.

I also sprained my foot when I was younger in PhysEd years ago, and right now, I've got a sprain again from falling off my bed!

Simply put, I'm a very skinny person so these injuries happen easily. tongue.gif

I had neck surgery due to a small spinal canal.

EDIT: I did have to have surgery in June. They had to put in rods, screws and a plate in my neck.

Edited by Rachel72

I broke my arm trying to get cookies off the top of the fridge when I was like three.

That's about it though.

My lack of a need for stitches or a cast makes me seem wimpy.

I've rolled my ankle a number of times (but never a bad sprain). Do we want to talk about bone bruises? Because I've done that more than a few times! My poor legs and shins.

Worst thing I probably did was put my knee through one of the aquariums we used to have. A note for children, don't build a ramp to somersault down next to anything glass. I picked glass out of my knee for days. I still have one scar from how deep the cut was. But we didn't go to a doctor or anything.

Also, falling off the scooter going down the neighbors driveway left me with two interesting scars on my other leg. But that's just being a kid. smile.gif

I haven't broken a bone yet! I've sprained things a couple times though:

- Sprained my ankle when I was nine years old. It was in karate class and I was jumping over a punching bag that was on the floor. I'm not sure sure what happened; I guess I slipped and fell. I remember crying a lot sad.gif

- When I was about eleven I think, my best friend accidentally closed a huge heavy door on my middle finger! I had to go to the doctor's and get a splint. That hurt a lot!