jaylynn

worst injury ever happened to you

Got run over by a car in 2005. They had to glue my neck and chin skin back together. tongue.gif The scars are finally all gone, though. No broken bones, surprisingly, just lots of mangled skin on my chin/neck, arms, and legs.

A year ago I was just cycling across a crosswalk, when a car didn't see me and pushed me few meters (which made me to fall down) and drove over my left knee.

I must say that hurted pretty much :')

Well, when I was four or five I slipped on a magazine and fell down my family's house's tile stairs. I went to the ER, and I can't remember much other than that..

Condorflight, a horse bit you? I can't imagine that at all.

I know 2 people who have been bit by horses. Cause some pretty serious damage to the skin!

_

My worst injury was a second degree burn I received to my right hand while cooking with hot oils. Worst pain I've ever felt. It kept burning for several days. Many years later I still have the scars.

I'm not sure which counts as worse... the cuts that needed six stitches (one when I was 5 and one in 2009), the broken pinky toes, the cracked forearm......

or the severely wrenched ankle that resulted in the damage of everything in my right ankle except bone and skin, which while happening in 1997, still affects me badly even today because my mother refused to take me to the doctor until a year later, and I was never allowed crutches.

ps these didn't all happen at once! the toes were randomly over a ten year period, the forearm was in 2006.

Worst by far is when I fell on the sidewalk about 11 years ago. I hit it HARD - on my knees. They've been jacked up ever since. I can hear the cartilidge crunch around when I move them and the very thought of getting down on my knees - even for a second - gives me the cold sweats. xd.png

Um.... Well... About a year ago I went ziplining and I hit my knee against the boulder I was jumping off of with all my force. I seriously should have gone to the doctor, but we were in the middle of nowhere at the time. It still hurts to walk, but I can tell when we will have bad weather! biggrin.gif

-

Sometimes I believe I'm virtually indestructable.

When I was washing the dishes and I slit my pinkie finger with a knife because I was cleaning it on the wrong side...

I fell a few months ago... haven't been able to walk, right ever since... I have to use a cane from time to time...

Worst injury would be when I broke my left arm falling off a scooter. I had been using it to go down a long hill, way not recommended use. x3 Never got back on one after. Green stick fracture, but we had a decent drive to get to the hospital.

Worst pain would be the gall bladder attacks I had before it was taken out.

I broke my knee cap when I was three, I liked to climb onto my dad's tall dresser and jump onto the bed. One time I jumped and fell on the bed wrong and bounced onto the floor. I'm not sure how it happened but I ended up cracking my knee cap and I had to wear a splint/cast kind of thing for several weeks.

Also a few years later I ended up getting my tongue stuck to the cooling unit in our freezer. When I was younger I loved to scrap the frost off these metal plates we had in the freezer that I guess helped to keep it cold. One day I decided to lick it instead of use my finger. My mom was getting some warm water, but I panicked and yanked my head away. Basically a layer of tongue flesh was left stuck to the metal thing. It was bleeding so much my mom took me to the ER.

This incident didn't leave me really injured, just scratched up, but I want to share it anyway. In my teens my dad decided to install some fans in the attic to help cool the house down. I wanted to help him out so I went into the attic and started walking towards the other end of the house where he was. I didn't know that there wasn't plywood all the way and I stepped down between the beams and fell straight through. I was only a foot away or so from landing on the end table which was hard rock with giant stone orbs separating the base from the removable glass table top. There was a large brass nautilus shell with fake flowers on it. I could have gotten seriously injured if I was just a foot more to the left.

You know how they say 'No running by the pool'? LISTEN TO THEM! I fell down and split my chin on the tile, and dear sweet lawrd it hurt.

When I was in russia, i was out with my friends, it was getting late, and a gang came up to us.

My friends got scared so I told them to run, and I would stop the gang. They ran away as I told them to...

One person in the gang came up to me and started laughing at me, saying I must be stupid, and that I would never win against them.

One of my friend came and he told them to go away, anther person got a knife out and was about to stab my friend, and I managed to jump in front in time, and he stabed me in the hip.

I barely survived...

Tore a ligament in my little toe because a horse stepped on it. It wasn't actually that bad, but I say that because they made me get a cast halfway up my leg for my little toe and they made me use a walker to walk for like a month even though actually I could walk mostly fine without it because neither my leg nor my foot were actually broken

Hit by a car 12 years ago. Neck and shoulder injuries. At least I jumped on the hood, rather than getting knocked down, otherwise it would have been much worse. I was in the crosswalk with the light, and she was on the phone. I got nothing for it though because one of her fellow officers made the police report, and I'm not good at dealing with legal matters. At times the pain comes back, and can be horrendous and immobilizing. dry.gif

Worst injury...

That depends on what qualifies as the worst injury.

The most painful experience or the one with the most lasting effects.

The former would be when I, in all my naivete almost had my hand sliced off on some power tools in my early teens. I still have the scar running down my right arm from that. Thankfully most of it is just a faded memory by now.

The latter would be a road accident I was in about half a decade ago. We were coming home from a visit to our family relatives who'd recently celebrated their daughter's wedding. I didn't even see what caused it, but all I caught glimpse of was the car going out of control and heading right for one of the roadside trees. Next thing I remember I'm in a hospital bed with enough bandages on my head to make a mummy jealous. Since then I've had problems like frequently occurring insomnia, memory lapses and at its worst, hallucinations. Through treatment I've mostly recovered, but the insomnia problem still persists. I'm dealing with that too.

Worst Injury.... Errr.... I cracked my middle finger bone when I was 7 when I got it stuck in a drawer. I barely remember it now, but it is the worst injury I have ever had...

Up to date, the worst one is probably when I twisted my ankle. What made it worse was the fact I twisted it a few days before returning to School. To make things worse, my classroom is on the fifth floor, which is torture when you're on crutches.

Edited by Hazel360

Tough call, it'd either be

A. The time when I was around 8-9 when I broke a bear bottle which shattered across my face. Which almost ended up leaving me blind in my left eye and nearly severing completely my left eye lid. Had to wear an eye patch for a while and the incident did allow me to learn how to wink. So that's something.

or

B. When I was 18 soon to be going on 19 when I got hit by a truck while riding my bike. The ligament that runs down your left foot was torn in half. Had to get a screw inserted in my foot so the ligament would along with a cast of course. It didn't really take that long for it to heal which was nice. I wore the cast for about a month or 2 before I felt I could walk without it. Though I was walking even when I had it on after a point. Still have screw in there though.

Edited by Dark-Azkrin666

I have a bit of shrapnel in my leg from shenanigans in Afghanistan. I wasn't shot or anything, a helicopter was landing and one of the blades hit something and shattered.

The most painful by far was jellyfish. Nice happy day swimming in the tropics when suddenly your screaming and someone has to pee on you to make the burning stop.

Nice happy day swimming in the tropics when suddenly you're screaming and someone has to pee on you to make the burning stop.

That peeing on the jellyfish-sting part? Myth. It either won't do anything or the chemicals in urine will actually worsen the effect. In other words, don't do it. Use plain or distilled water instead (definitely not mineral or saltwater!).