jaylynn

worst injury ever happened to you

I shattered the growth plate in my ankle two years ago. I walked down to the nurses office, since it was during school and she tried to tell me that I was fine and should go back to gym and play. When I came in the next Monday I went in there to get an elevator key and she just got wide-eyed and quiet. It was hilarious.

Oh and I forgot my epic injury. I was 3 years old and was riding a tricycle around a gym, at daycare. I decided to go off-roading and took the tricycle down the stairs. This is a winding staircase that goes three floors mind you. I got down the first time without any problems at all. The second time the wheel caught on a step and I got thrown down two flights of stairs face first at high speed. I have 8 stitches across my chin from the experience.

Forgot another one. I was up a tree, probably 30 feet up, and I decided to jump. I landed on my feet and would have been fine, except that I tore a ligament in my leg when I landed. I would do it again, if the ground was a little softer. Jumping out of trees is fun. biggrin.gif

Edited by spyro76

Injury wise the worst would be my knee. Playing football in middle school took a helmet to the back of it. Hurt for awhile but I never thought much of it.

Turns out it shifted the kneecap or a bone nearby so it developed a little differently than my other knee over the years. Not to mention occasional pain flaring up during high physical activity (I'm a wrestler, flexibility is a must and the knees bend often) or while running. Also it always feels tense.

So lesson here is if you get an injury get it checked out or it may bite ya later.

Hmmm... I broke my eardrum at age 7,

sprained my neck by both sleeping and turning on the water for the bath,

stepped on a brick and a piece of it went into my foot and i had to get surgery to get it out...

I think those were the worst

I was on a dock fishing. There was a little boy fishing behind me too. He was preparing to cast his line off but he messed up and embedded the hook right in my neck. LOL Good times, good times <3

I was on a dock fishing. There was a little boy fishing behind me too. He was preparing to cast his line off but he messed up and embedded the hook right in my neck. LOL Good times, good times <3

"Look daddy I caught a big one!"

But really, D:

Especially if it had live/once-alive bait.

When I was six or so... Me and my siblings thought it would be fun to walk on a whole row of wobbly chairs..... Erm.. I fell on my arm, and it got broken.. NOT fun. I had a cast throughout Christmas time... T_T

I fractured my back in a sledding accident. It wasn't fun and I was lucky not to end up paralyzed.

Man, do I have a list of these! I don't get sick or anything often but when I do get something, it's usually something pretty bad! Ok here's my list:

1). I was around 5 or 6. One evening my brother & I were walking to a nearby Buddhist temple, with my neighbors who are Buddhist, along a narrow footpath. We were running around & playing and I fell on the side of the road and a piece of old power cable there got stick on my right calf. It wasn't bleeding much so we just came home and disinfected it and didn't think much about it. Then a couple of days later the area started swelling and eventually grew a lump of about he size of an egg. Had to do surgery to get it out. I remember the doc having the mass of flesh in a beaker and showing it to me afterward. Ewwwwwwwwwww! I still have that scar down the side of my calf.

2). When I was 10, I was at a race in school and was running 3rd, when the girl on 2nd place fell. I couldn't stop myself and I tripped over her and fell on her, and several people ended up falling on me. My left wrist bent backwards & hit the top of my forearm, and broke. Ended up with a cast for about 3 or 4 weeks (don't remember except that it was for a long time). My friends were so nice and wrote my school notes coz I'm a leftie.

3). Not sure if this is exactly an injury, but when I was 13 I got appendicitis and it was misdiagnosed by a doc as food poisoning. After several days he got it right, but by the time I was being rushed through the hospital doors my appendix had already burst. Surgery again!

4). This is probably the worst. About 4 years after the appendix surgery, I started getting a piercing pain in my stomach, and whatever I ate or drank I was throwing right back up. X-rays and scans showed nothing wrong. So after an overnight in the hospital (at this point I was in so much pain I was gripping the bed railings behind my head and was screaming), the consultant doctor said "we'll just have to open her up and see what it is" (I still remember hearing that!! *shudder*). They did and turned out that during my appendix surgery they had by accident left a piece of the appendix still attached to the intestine, and it had got infected, and basically the infection was rotting my intestines little by little. They ended up removing 1.5ft of my intestines. I was in hospital (including ICU) for about a month with no solid food, not even water to drink for the first 2 weeks. That was horrible!

Edited by lanette

The worst?!

I haven't injured myself so much in life,the worst one was when i was running and hit a wall with my feet.I almost losed a toe.

(sorry for my english,i'm from Brazil)

I was biking with my dad and my sister and they where behind me. right before a sharp turn the told me to hurry up. I did but I couldn't turn sharp enough so I smashed head first into a fence then my bike fell on me... hard. the rest of that day is kinda a blur

Hmm...

Never really had any 'bad' injuries.

...But if you were to talk to my father..

Well...

He would have a lot of stories to tell :U

Almost a year ago I was going to participate in a fencing competition and started some excessive training. There I got my back hurt, refused to go to the hospital, continued my training, got hurt even more... I stopped my training only when I was almost unable to move.

Then, in hospital, I was given the wrong diagnosis and that led to the three damned months of constant pain due to the wrong treatment. Afterwards I was diagnosed again and now I'm still on the treatment.

That training made me miss 3 competitions, and I don't know when I'll be able to fence normally again.

Never overestimate yourself, guys! Don't train more than your body can endure.

Almost forgot this one, it happened on the day my sister was born.

I used to love to spin in circles and get myself dissy. that day my parents left the basement door open and I was stumbling down the stairs when i fell through the side (I was small the side was open and big) My basement floor is only concrete so if i had hit my head i would have died. luckily I landed on an old rocking chair and I lived (with a baseball sized bump on my head.) Ever since my mom has said our house has ghosts and that we have to keep all of our old furniture to keep them happy.

Hmm... Aside of stepping onto numerous very sharp objects, (a happening which often remains undetected for a time because it almost never seems to cause any pain, hence being only discovered when I or people nearby spot the wide trail of blood I am leaving behind) having my large toe slammed under a door (it's still dented a bit upwards, more than a decade later) having the skin on my right arm scraped off in a bicycle accident (which was not even my fault), numerous cuts/bruises to my hands from my own stupidity...

The tree worst sets of scars all reside on my right hand: a bite from a dog at early age, (Grandparents'. Offered the dog a tomato, which it took along with my hand.) being hit with scissors by my younger brother (On two different occasions, about a month apart.)...

The latest, and worst of those, was me literally having a knife put right through my said hand... To be almost pulled out and stabbed back in, also leaving a nice trail down over the lower half of my palm and over my wrist.

-Got a nice reminder of the event even now, four and a half years later, as you can imagine.

Edited by Shienvien

Going into labour with cracked ribs.

Or, if that doesn't count, second time I was shot.

You were shot?!? ohmy.gif Why?

Probably the time I was swimming in a lake, I went underwater, my cousin either didn't see me or didn't look, but he jumped in and his chin tore the skin of my scalp, and as it was a head wound, it bled something fierce. I felt heartily embarrassed going to the doctor with a shirt over my swim suit.

That, and the time I cracked a rib coughing after I had pneumonia. I got into a coughing fit and couldn't stop, then I heard/felt a distinct popping sound and I was in a ton of pain.

Prolly falling open-legged onto wood. Let's just say that the middle of my pants were soaked with blood.

I was walking between the table and the tv and my dog tried to squeeze past me. His nails had not been trimmed in a while and he stepped on my bare foot and took off running when he stepped on my foot. Those nails dug in and tore it open. It took quite a while to heal and there's still a scar. Thankfully, it didn't get infected, but it hurt like nothing else when I had to walk with my shoes on.

When I was 12, I was riding a scooter( by the way, those things are death traps) down a steep hill, a twig got stuck in the back wheel. I flipped over with the scooter all the way down the hill, which was a street next to my house, and did over a dozen somersaults on the asphalt, where I came to rest at the bottom of the street, with a scrape on the soft part of skin above your hip. that was about the size of your average digital camera, that was the least of it, on my left knee, there was a huge, and fairly deep scrape that went from the top of my kneecap , to the end of my kneecap, some bone showed through, from my elbow to the middle part of my forearm, a half an inch cut that needed alot.png of stitches, on my right knee, a small, but deep scrape, and that lumpy thing on the side of your feet, a cut that scape the skin off it.

Needless to say, I threw that death trap out.

When I was six or seven, my dog bit me in the face. I had to have stitches, and I could hardly chew food because it hurt so much. Getting the stitches removed hurt, too.

I broke my pinky toe about a month ago, too. I was running like a dumb arse down the hallway in my house and my foot slammed into the doorframe.

I was limping for two weeks, and I was almost late for my classes because I was walking even slower than usual.

And people called my gimpy. And limpy. And cripple. And other things.

Edited by tyto_alba

I got my ankle bounced on by someone else on a trampoline when I was about 6. It cracked the bone. Unfortunately the crack was missed when we went to casualty (note - I attatch no blame to the doctor for this, I was the last patient he saw at the end of a 14 hour shift. If anything he shouldn't have been working that long, but it seems there was a staff shortage in A&E). I spent six weeks trying to walk on what we all thought was a sprain, in excruciating pain the entire time. When we finialy went back to the hospital they discovered that the crack had sawn through most of the ligaments on that side of the ankle. Cue a lot of time in plaster to hel the crack and let hte ligaments repair, and then a lot more time in physio therapy to get me walking on it again.

I've also managed to chip the bone in my elbow (more time in plaster), and mess up the cartilage in one my my knees (note - slide tackling on astro turf is not recommended).

The time I played in the door hinges (keep your children away from them, please) and a friend slammed the door shut. Couldn't get my fingers out. The tip of my right ring finger was chopped off, and my parents described my bleeding as "blood shot ten feet into the ceiling and scared the crap outta me". Yep, tons of blood. I was rushed to the hospital, but couldn't feel anything because the nerves were cut off. They found the tip of my finger, so it was sewn on, and yeah. The scar is still there, and it's still a bit sensitive, so when I cut my nail, I have to be extremely careful not to even touch the skin/scar thing.