jaylynn

worst injury ever happened to you

I'm not sure if this an *injury* but to make it short, when I was four a had bathroom troubles and my intestines came out. Scared my mom pretty bad.

ohmy.gif erm... unsure.gif how did that happened?

----

Got the skin of my right middle finger torn off by a staple wire when I was 8. Now I fear staplers. (I use clips now)

broke a leg on hallowe'en

Got hit by a car, and screwed up my knee.

the latter is by far the worst.

I'm not sure if this an *injury* but to make it short, when I was four a had bathroom troubles and my intestines came out. Scared my mom pretty bad.

ow. prolapse. I hope that all internals remain internals now.

Edited by Starscream

My worst injury was when I was six. I jumped off of a swing in our backyard and landed on my arm. I broke it and didn't realise it until I saw the hospital that my mom was taking me to.

My brother threw a basketball to me and it hit my finger the wrong way and it jammed to the point where i couldn't move it for a week

I don't have a worse its just a collection of tiny injuries throughout it seems:

Sprained left wrist playing "What's in the Ice box" in 3rd grade.

Took a baseball to the face in 6th grade

Got my thumb sliced open on a watch while mock fighting boxing with my dad

Cut one of my fingers open with scissors the next week

Sprain right wrist playing quidditch freshman year college

Some what burned my fingers while attempting to take a crucible out of a rock melting furnace.

Burned my wrist on a hot plate at my lab job.

Ack, you're relatively lucky for not having anything but small injuries. I'm a little envious. tongue.gif

I've had several, sadly. When I was about twelve I fell off the monkey bars during a field trip and landed on my arm wrong, snapping it at the elbow. Several years later, I slipped down the stairs and fractured it in the same spot. Talk about clutz!

I know when i was like 8 my mom almost cut her finger off and that has made me so paranoid lol but my son was 1 and he feel and his tooth got knocked into his gums ( he's 2 now and it came back down)

when I was about 7, I broke my arm, but not any bone, the elbow it just turned to the other side, I mean it was like a knee x.x... At least I have a cool sword shaped scar!

Hmm.. I forgot to tell you how I always bump into walls. My head always have a bump. sad.gif

I have never broken anything - the two worst injuries I've had were:

1) When I was five, I tripped over a concrete ledge and grazed both legs from knees down to ankles. I screamed like all hell set loose!

2) Last year, I tore my ACL (knee ligament) in a skiing accident. it sucked, because I didn't know if I would ever be able/allowed to ski again. Luckily, it healed well and I can smile.gif

One time, I really scraped my right elbow. The skin on always felt weird afterwards. Like I said, I never had any really serious injuries.

When I was twelve, I fell off my bike and scraped the outer side of my left leg. About a foot and a half of road rash, haha. The scar's gone now, so it probably wasn't too bad.

When I was ten, I got pushed out of a tree and injured my shoulder when I rolled. It makes odd popping noises every now and then, while the other shoulder doesn't.

I haven't broken anything as far as I know, so yeah, boring Xylene-injury stories.

Edited by Xylene

Almost mauled to death by a german shepard (120 pounds) at the age of 9

Two broken arms

Bit my tongue in half at three'

Swalloed quarter once

Given eight stitches above eye after horse bit me

Staple in the head

Never have any good luck for me

Edited by Condorflight

Oh wow Condorflight, that is not good at all ohmy.gif

Take care! smile.gif

I'm proud to say that I've never broken any bones. smile.gif the worst injury I ever got I guess was when I fell on some concrete stairs. I didn't fall down the stairs, but on the stairs. It left my knee blue and purple and my fingers all bloody. Also, I had a swim meet that day, and I fell because I was late, and was in a hurry. It was really painful to swim my best when my fingers stung and my leg felt stiff. Still, I improved!

Oh yeah, another time, I stapled my finger and had to go to the emergency room. Part of it was stuck in my bone, but we got it out.

For some reason, I never really get injured. I've been hit in the face about 5 times this year, and there was no injury, though my glasses might have been damaged a bit. My thumb was also kicked because I was the goalie in gym, but nothing bad really happened. It just healed after a few days. I've also been kicked in swim practice...by the girl in the other lane. It left a bruise, but healed quickly. I also fell off a bed while having a pillow fight and hit a desk that was nearby. Got injured near my eye, but its gone now, and there's not even a scar. I guess I'm pretty durable! biggrin.gif

My dad also fell off his motorcycle once. It's been almost a year now, and he's fine. He just had to get a few stitches, but his knees still have noticeable scars.

Never broken anything, but got a good-sized gash on my head when I passed out and hit a door on the way down when I was 6 or 7. o.o

Oh wow Condorflight, that is not good at all ohmy.gif

Take care! smile.gif

Thanks!

Partial LCL tear just before my wedding. My plans of getting in shape turned into plans of bed rest, zero exercise, and wearing an uncomfortable brace that kept breaking(metal would poke out and need to be sewed back in) . That injury took forever to heal, even longer than when I broke a bone. And the timing was awful.

I believe my worst was when i was about..10 or 11 and was playing in a playground and then a weird climbing thing i had climbed ontop of fell down and then I had almoust 4 tooth (3 did go) thought my lower lip :'D still got the scars

one friend of mine threw a hammer to my cousin, but it ended on my head. I was 8 years old then...

Well I have never broken a bone *knocks on wood* though I have:

Cut my foot open with a can top the dogs took out of the drainer and stuck it between the cushions on the sofa and I was standing on the sofa for some strange reason.

Burnt a chunk of skin off my leg when I fell over on the mini bike and the exhaust pipe was laying on my leg. (scar is gone now)

Slammed a door shut on my finger and I was on the edge of the top steps so I couldn't turn around to open the door properly. I had to twist my way around in a strange position without breaking my arm. I still don't know how I didn't break the finger.

Fell off a bike on a dirt road had some rocks stuck in my knees for a bit, something similar happen when I was skate boarding except it was concrete.

Lastly Zebra Mussels..... that's all I'm going to say.

Edited by Shadowwolflegend

I looked up what you said and got Zebra Mussels. Let me guess, you stepped on one? I haven't, I'm just asking.

whoops need to change that, but yes I normally have up to 5 to 7 cuts on each foot by the middle of summer gotten used to it now but it still hurts esspecially if you have the shell lodged in your foot. Hurts worse when you cut your hand with one.

Once I visited the beach for a short while, and cut my leg on a rock.

A very large, sharp rock.

It made a huge gash in my leg and you can still faintly see the scar, even almost 2 years afterwards.

@cutiesonic: Horse bites are awful, a friend of mine was bitten by a horse and the next day the wound was bruised all over and green :E

I haven't broken any bones (yet) but...

I got a concussion playing handball, and another time my father kicked a kickball from across the yard while I was on the swing, and I could only watch as it came towards my face (there wasn't time to get off, and if I tried to block it with an arm, it would knock me off the swing,) if I hadn't turned my head so it hit my cheek, I would've broken my nose.

But the worst injury would have to be when I was at a friend's house, (the one that got bitten by a horse actually,) and we were on her trampoline. I bounced juuust right to lose control, fly forwards, and twist and scrape my arm bloody, and land face first on the springs. Right above my left eye. I had to go to the doctor, and it hurt so bad I didn't even realize how much my arm hurt until juice from the bag of frozen strawberries we had used for ice leaked into the wounds. I got a shiner so bad, I couldn't open my eye; it was purple, blue, green and orange, so I hear. If I had hit the springs just a smidge differently, I would've lost my left eye.