jaylynn

worst injury ever happened to you

My worst injury was back in 1991 when I broke my back in 5 places, I'm very licky too be alive today...

I've had some interesting injuries...

(Don't read if you have an aversion to blood...)

Christmas 2011 I was aimlessly cutting a silicone bottle (while watching a youtube video about aliens laugh.gif) with a exacto knife, and the knife slipped and went into the side of my left index finger. It bled for about a week, and I mean buckets, every time I went to replace the bandage. <.<

In 7th grade, I was laying down on the seat on the bus to get some sleep. The bus hit a huge bump, and I flew forward off the seat and smacked the back of my head on the sharp ridge that holds the seat up on the wall. I didn't think anything was wrong, I just had a minor headache, so I leaned my head against the cold window to relieve the pain. Sometime later, I went to move my head, and realized that there was something red on the window. blink.gif I went up and told the bus driver and he freaked out. He insisted on going into my house with me to tell my mom what had happened. (as if I couldn't myself.) Turns out, mom had a huge amount of chocolate almond bark leftover from some baking project, and I never tasted it because we rushed off to the hospital xd.png. The doctor put a staple in the back of my head, and for the whole time it was in there I felt like Frankenstein.

Then in 8th grade, I was running back to the English room to get something to do because I'd finished my NEWA test early and had forgotten to bring something extra. Some one elso was running out of the classroom at the same time I was running in, I hit them, bounced off, and split my forehead open on the doorframe. I didn't even know something was wrong until I felt something itchy on my head, reached up, and my hand came away red. -.- I distinctly remember crying because I'd have to go to the doctor, and I was bleeding buckets into the sink in the girl's bathroom and freaking out all the teachers. Yeah, i think they were happy to see me move on to high school. blink.gif

I've had some interesting injuries...

(Don't read if you have an aversion to blood...)

Wow, your a little accident prone. I think besides my broken bones and ripping toenails out, my worst injury would have to be one that doesnt bleed but will always cause problems. I was t-boned by an elderly lady 5 years ago and got a pinched nerve in my neck. It hurts on and off and will continue to do so forever. I would rather have broken something.....

The worst injury I ever had isn't really so bad....

I was in karate class. (In fourth grade) We were doing this thing where you'd jump over these big cushion/mat things. I tried to jump over one, but I failed miserably. I fell onto the floor and then my ankle twisted almost all the way around. xd.png I started sobbing like crazy. It ended up just being a bad sprain but it felt like a I had broken my ankle. Hurt like heck for a week tongue.gif

Well, I'm kind of a klutz. So here's my list as best I can remember.

• When I was 2, I walked in front of a swing in use and got a huge cut under my right eye. I've still got a visible scar.
  • The second-to-last day of 4th grade I jumped off the jungle gym onto gravel and cut my left elbow open. dry.gif Didn't notice for 5 minutes when we lined up to go back inside and someone screamed that I was bleeding. It got fixed up with two butterfly bandaids while they sent me to get stitches. o3o But by that time it had healed enough that the doctor would have had to reopen the wound to use the glue stitches. I've got about an inch and a half to two inch scar on my elbow from that.

And I was wearing open toed shoes and was going into a concert theater. Some (censored) teenagers burst through the door and it took a massive chunk out of my smallest two left toes. I'd taken my sandals off because I didn't like them. During the concert I looked down and saw what I thought were small dots of paint. So I moved my feet away...and saw more. Then I realized it was blood. dry.gif Didn't need stitches but I spent the rest of the concert in the bathroom holding wads of paper towels to my foot to stop the bleeding. laugh.gif To this day I wonder what the janitor's reaction was.

• What else...oh! I lost 20-30 pounds over about 6 months. Doctor thought it was Lyme disease since I was gagging at the smell of all food as well as joint paint (found out the pain was fibromyalgia). Turns out my gallbladder quit working. So that was removed and they found carbohydrate crystals inside (they're like gallstone seeds). Two weeks after the surgery, I ripped my stitches carrying a bucket of water. Worst pain of my LIFE. The weight loss wasn't too bad, but I got sick of people telling me I was anorexic. I wanted to eat, but I had a physical reaction to eating when my gallbladder tried to work. mad.gif A pet peeve of mine is when people see a skinny person, or someone who gets physically ill while trying to eat and they scream "ANOREXIA" and try to lecture the person on what a bad choice they're making with their life.
  • And then I had some ovarian cysts burst while I was in my college Psych course. That was almost as bad as the ripped stitches. Or the time I discovered I was allergic to an antibiotic I'd been given. :/

My worst injury was back in 1991 when I broke my back in 5 places, I'm very licky too be alive today...

Can I ask how? And yeah, very lucky to be alive.

I've gotten pretty beat-up over the years (I'm way too accident prone) but the worst one happened when I was in 9th grade.

We had finished our last class of the day and I was walking towards the door when some moron in my class decided to push everyone aside and make a run for the door. His backpack hit me and I stumbled and fell into an easel that had a really wonky (metal) leg. It ripped through my jeans and went kind of sideways through the top of my left thigh. The gash was about 4 inches long. I was stupid though and went home and got my brother to help clean it and put bandages on it. I didn't tell my mom. Then, one night I was going downstairs to get water and tripped over my cat and fell down the stairs. That opened the wound right back up. Still didn't tell my mom, though. She finally found out while were were at the pool once and she freaked out over the scar (it had kinda healed by then). She told me that I needed stitches and now I would probably have the scar forever since I didn't get them.

It's still clearly visible on my left thigh.

The only time I was ever seriously hurt was when my family's pet Chow Chow bandit (big puffy dog for those who don't know) leaped over a fence and attempted to rip my face off when I was around four or five years old.

Luckily my parents were nearby in the garden so they were able to save me. Only scars I have are a small one on my upper lip and one on one of my elbows.

I'm still scared around big dogs, especially Chow Chow.

When I was around 5, I tripped and fell on concrete. I landed on my right wrist and tore it open, revealing tendons and all the nastiness. Ten years later I still have a scar tongue.gif

When I was 11, I played roller hockey with a couple neighbor boys. I was an avid skater as well - but I couldn't wear my wrist guards when playing, so they got separated from my skates. The first day of summer vacation, I decided to go skating, realized my wrist guards were on the coffee table 6 feet away, and decided to skate to go get them...and caught my toe on the recliner, fell and broke my wrist.

It was rotten, too. Apparently, this particular break now gets sent to surgery 95% of the time, but it doesn't often show up on regular x-rays. So it was 3 days before an orthopedist decided to "treat it like a break" and put me in a cast - but it didn't heal right and to this day I still have a lump and need a brace sometimes.

Oh, and I have a permanently damaged nerve in my foot from kicking a car tire. Those would be my bad ones.

i am a boy scout and i went rock climbing at a campout when we played black out at the gym at out camp i fell from 15 ft with my leg locked and i couldnt move my leg i lost my felling in my leg and couldnt walk

Trampled by a horse after being thrown onto a fence... Not pretty. Lots of broken bones and a concussion.

I'm still healing my leg...

Fracturing both my left leg, my left elbow and left wrist) at the same time. It was one horrible month in my life. xd.png

Edited by Slytherin7

Hit my head against a metal bar and got a concussion. I had to go to the hospital first to get some x-ray pictures from my skull to see if I didn't have any skull fractures, then got a brain scan and they concluded I had a grade 2 concussion. I had to stay home and wasn't allowed to even see for 2 weeks, aside from when I was eating or going to the bathroom. I wasn't allowed to do anything and keep seeing and hearing things to a minimum.

Those were the two most boring weeks of my life. I threw my clock outside because day and night became the same: sleeping for half an hour, waking up, sleeping, waking up...

Plus throwing up, a lot. And a huge headache that wouldn't get away.

Oh and I almost forgot since it happened so long ago, when I was one year old I had two pneumothoraxes at the same time. I made it just in time otherwise I would've been dead.

Edited by Dracowyn

Both of my worst accidents happened around the same time... 3rd grade.

The first one that happened was when I went to the water park. I was walking up the stairs to go to the water slide. I slipped as I walked up and hit my nose and eye on the concrete stairs. My mom was so scared when I came up to her crying and holding my face. So, in the end, I broke my nose and got a gash on the side of my eye.

The next accident happened not too long after that. At my cousin's house, my cousin and I were making a mess in the bathroom (doing a science experiment). But, we weren't supposed to be doing anything of the sort. So, we were trying to be as secretive as possible while our parents went to the store. But, they got back earlier than we imagined. I went to the stairs to check and see if our parents were coming up while my cousin tried to clean up our mess as fast as possible. As soon as I saw our parents ascending the stairs, I ran towards the bathroom. Unfortunately, my cousin also ran out of the bathroom at the same time to tell me she was done cleaning. We ended up running right into each other. Since she was smaller than me at the time, her forehead hit my lip. I guess it was perfect timing because our parents saw the whole thing. I got rushed to the bathroom while my cousin's head was rubbed. Since my mom is a doctor, she decided not to get stitches since it wasn't that bad. But, I had a hard time eating and drinking for a while since my lip was so inflamed. To this day, my lip is still a bit fat and bulgy from where it got hit.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHKAY long list.

I once dove into a couch. My elbow slid through the cushions and hit the wooden frame. I broke it that way.

I once pulled my pelvis.

I was knocked out by being hit in the face with a kickball.

I once broke my leg so much a bit of bone splintered out.

Two of my cats got into a fight on my face and tore my lip right open.

I once bit down on my lip so hard it almost went though.

I got my hand sliced open by my brother being a showoff with a zweihander.

I once almost bit my tongue off when I was eating after getting my mouth numbed.

A fan fall on my head.

Got hit in the head with nunchucks.

Got my neck stuck between two steel bars.

I got some of my skin torn straight off when I was fending off a dog from this kindergarten class.

Fell out of a tree.

My little sister was really mad at me. She threw the TV remote, hard, and it hit my left pinkie finger right above where the nail grows and the cuticle is. There was a significant bump there. My grandfather, alive at the time, and a retired anesthesiologist, said it was likely because a little piece of bone had chipped off of my pinkie, and had lodged in the flesh. I couldn't play violin or piano for a week, and it hurt for about a month afterward. Now, the bump is mostly gone, and there are these large vertical striations on my nail. I think it's kind of cool, having a textured nail.

SaberLily- your life sounds like some sort of gruesome video game.

Edited by Spelunker

Not that bad, considering, but when I was about nine I knelt on a piece of glass that went behind my kneecap. I still have an inch-long scar that looks like a big slug, even over ten years later

Years before that, I hit my head so hard I had to go the doctor's- maybe that's why I'm so wierd. XP

My worst injury? falling off a horse and spraining my back (spine), ankle and wrist >.>.

This was made worse by CVS refusing to give my school oxycotin for my pain and having to navigate stairs and hills (elavator broke down and I lived on the fourth floor of my dorms).

Had a ball kicked by a few 17/18 year old lads collide with the side of my face when i was 16

hit by a car when i was 11

fell off my bike onto a n shaped curve when I was six because of some arse doing a wheelie and not looking where he was going

i think that's it

the worst one was falling off my bike because i had to get butterfly stitches. other than that, nothing that bad has happened to me

oh

unless you count this really painful period i had once

When I was about two years old I hit a board with my forehead by running into it. There was no serious injury they said (well... I'm not quite sure about this) but there is still a scar on my forehead. °-°

It's a toss-up between:

- A severe fracture right above my left knee that kept me bed-ridden for several months (but healed so well, the doc asked if they could use the x-rays for teaching purposes). I was in the fourth grade then.

or

- A crack in the cartilage of my shoulder that got ignored by my doctor (the shoulder kept dislocating, he kept saying "Let's wait and see"), until I finally demanded an operation, and got it a year later.

Sadly, by then, the shoulder had been stretched by the frequent dislocations, so I needed a second surgery another year later to shorten the tendons. So yeah...

One yeah of dislocations and "Wait and see", then an operation, then another year of near-dislocations (I was being hella careful) and "let's wait and see", then an operation and a looooot of healing time. Now big scar.

Im torn between 2 things. As a kid i got into an accident which caused me to be burned over 40% of my body. I was paralyzed and couldnt move untill i started to heal. i had to go through surguries and skin graphts... it was horrible.

the second im not sure if you could count as an injury but im going to throw it out their anyway, i got diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks ago and that has been really tough to cope and come to terms with. And the cancer seems to be pervailent on my scarred skin...

Im torn between 2 things. As a kid i got into an accident which caused me to be burned over 40% of my body. I was paralyzed and couldnt move untill i started to heal. i had to go through surguries and skin graphts... it was horrible.

the second im not sure if you could count as an injury but im going to throw it out their anyway, i got diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks ago and that has been really tough to cope and come to terms with. And the cancer seems to be pervailent on my scarred skin...

*Hugs forsakensorceress* that really bites sad.gif.

That really sucks, Forsaken. I wish there was a way to help.