deoyx

Homestuck Talk

Almost finished my godtier!Aradia costume except for one rather major detail.

Does anyone know how to make her hood? I can probably figure it out but I really don't want to mess it up D:

But yeah the wing frames are wrapped completely in red duct tape and I'm going to attach the fabric soon. Horns are painted, the symbol is painted on the top and the pants are good to go too. I just have to screw the horns onto a headband and make the darn hood and we're about good to go.

Is this the thing where you have to find the boy's arms at the start by clicking everything and nothing happens- at least for the first few minutes I managed to, ah, complete? It's everywhere and I was wondering what the actual plot/setting/whatever was...

Almost finished my godtier!Aradia costume except for one rather major detail.

Does anyone know how to make her hood? I can probably figure it out but I really don't want to mess it up D:

But yeah the wing frames are wrapped completely in red duct tape and I'm going to attach the fabric soon. Horns are painted, the symbol is painted on the top and the pants are good to go too. I just have to screw the horns onto a headband and make the darn hood and we're about good to go.

Isn't her hood just a red hood? The buttons on the top are to get the hood around her horns obviously, but as far as I can see the actual hood part is just... well, a hood.

@Ruins: Unless it's a flash page the only thing you need to do to advance the story is to read the page and then click the link at the bottom. Usually it's a ==> or a command. Judging from your post you're just at the "Retreive arms from chest" page at like the beginning. Don't click the image, click the text link. Without spoiling anything, the story is about a boy and his friends and the game they play together. Throughout the story they've learned a lot about the universe itself and grown rapidly as people.

Edited by Lythiaren

user posted image

1/2 WINGS DONE.

I am absolutely /covered/ in red glitter and glue and this took me probably around four hours this evening (not including time spent bending the wire for the frame - it's made of coat hangers - and wrapping said frame in duct tape).

Still have no idea how to attach them to my body.

So.. anyone else freaked out by Intermission 2? Or am I the only one afraid of Him?

Eh. I'm a little disappointed, actually. LE is pretty scary (honk HONK, oh god), but with all the "he is already here" business I was honestly expecting him to be a pre-existing character, which would have been even more terrifying. It would have to be someone we would never expect, like... I don't know... John, or someone, going grimdark devourer of universes, which would be... well, like when Gamzee went off, which was bloody terrifying, only more so.

Still clinging to Hussie's hint that WV might not be down for good. Noooooooo, Vagabond! D:

Basically if Eridan didn't have Feferi, he would've actually killed all the land dwellers.

But it's stated that he never planned to really go through with the landdweller genocide. It's stated that he could easily just go "off his game", mini-Glub, landdwellers gone, no problem--but he doesn't.

Eridan has a lot of problems, but the genocide thing is not one of them. If it is, it's just a way of expressing his deeper emotional issues (and that's a sign of how screwed up troll society is, that kids resort to threatening genocide). Feferi mostly concerned herself with the genocide thing, rather than with Eridan's genuine problems, which is part of why they weren't suited as moirails.

Nepeta and Equius were suited as moirails because they helped each other. Nepeta helps Equius lighten up a little and helps with his hemospectrum issues, and Equius keeps Nepeta grounded and (possibly) from going entirely feral. Same with Karkat and Gamzee, except Karkat also keeps Gamzee from going completely bleeding grimdark when he's off the sopor.

Edited by Kazeko

Eridan has a lot of problems, but the genocide thing is not one of them. If it is, it's just a way of expressing his deeper emotional issues (and that's a sign of how screwed up troll society is, that kids resort to threatening genocide). Feferi mostly concerned herself with the genocide thing, rather than with Eridan's genuine problems, which is part of why they weren't suited as moirails.

Eridan doesn't get enough credit. If he hadn't hunted lusii for Feferi to feed to her Eldritch Abomination, then Fef would have turned out just like her ancestor.

I...I tried. I couldn't taker not knowing what da fak was going on half the time.

However, I did get impatient and skip ahad to

SPOILER ALERT IN YO FACE!

Sober Gamzee. Creepy chiz, bro. hOnK :0)

@Kazeko: Ehhh. Remember that Eridan did kill (almost) all the land dwellers though. Matriorb thing was weeks after Feferi paledumped him and rejected his red proposition. He didn't go "off his game" pre-Sgrub because he had concupiscent interests that depended on not doing so. Firstly, it would upset Feferi. Secondly, it would've killed Vriska if he'd let it go on long enough to kill the land dwellers. But the important thing was he didn't want to risk upsetting his red interest.

Ehh. Take it as you will, but that came off to me more like he was looking for an excuse to justify not going through with it.

Eridan killed Kanaya and Feferi. There were 10 landdwellers on the team. I wouldn't call that "almost all". Also, Feferi and Kanaya both attacked him, admittedly for good reason. Feferi was a little less justified in that she jumped to conclusions about Sollux's deadness.

I'm of the opinion that Feferi's flushrejection was just a matter of really bad timing on Eridan's part. If he'd given her time to recover from the emotional drain that being his moirail was, she might have been more open to it... but he's Eridan, so he was clingy and desperate and it just didn't work.

Ehh. Take it as you will, but that came off to me more like he was looking for an excuse to justify not going through with it.

Eridan killed Kanaya and Feferi. There were 10 landdwellers on the team. I wouldn't call that "almost all". Also, Feferi and Kanaya both attacked him, admittedly for good reason. Feferi was a little less justified in that she jumped to conclusions about Sollux's deadness.

I'm of the opinion that Feferi's flushrejection was just a matter of really bad timing on Eridan's part. If he'd given her time to recover from the emotional drain that being his moirail was, she might have been more open to it... but he's Eridan, so he was clingy and desperate and it just didn't work.

I count the Hopesplode as killing all the land dwellers, myself.

Because what comes out of a mother grub? Mostly land dwellers.

I still wouldn't really count that, because even if it literally works, I doubt that was what he was thinking of at the time.

Never know, though, so what say we just agree to disagree? smile.gif

I guess. :V

Also.

ACT 6.

where doing this bro

where making this...

TRANSPIRE

is it safe to bring up the events of the update yet without fear of spoiling it?

i love the kids, just, wow, i love them.

jake is my spirit animal

You'd think there would be more Homestuck fans on here.

Eh, it's not like the comic is suitable for all ages. It's incredibly crass at times, not to mention violent. That's probably why not as many people on here know about it/follow it.

How I see Eridan: he just needs a cuddle.

A cuddle? he needs a bucket, and quite a few. if there's one troll i know that needs a cuddle it's karkles.

A cuddle? he needs a bucket, and quite a few. if there's one troll i know that needs a cuddle it's karkles.

I'm sure he already has many buckets. He needs someone to fill them with.

Ehehehe, I was wondering where this thread was. I KNEW there had to be at least one Homestuck thread.

But yes, Act 6 is shaping to be pretty good. I just don't like how people (mostly on Tumblr and DeviantArt) are making ask blogs and stuff about the guardian kids. They just haven't done anything to justify making an ask based on them yet. =/

I am surprised by the lack of Homestuckers here at DC! Oh well. So, anyone else dying to learn Mom's and Bro's names? I'm thinking Dick and Rita. :3

heh Dick

Has anyone here ever seen the video sObEr HaLlOwEeN? Oh, God, it's so scary and sasd at the same time. I would post it, but Gamzee's cursing and the gore make it impossible to post here. I seriously suggest looking it up, though. I couldn't sleep the night after I watched it. D8

Oh so there is a Homestuck thread here? I was starting to worry (Since I know I've seen a few users here with Homestuck related sigs/avatars, but couldn't find the thread for the life of me.)

Mmm, I tried looking for a Homestuck thread months ago too and had no luck, so I'm glad to finally see one here.

I'm still eyeing the new hoodies with utmost want. I know my one friend is getting me the light one as a late christmas present once they're back in stock with large sizes. I already have the capricorn/gamzee t-shirt, so I'll be pretty happy to finally get my favourite hoodie once I do. ;u;

In regards to act 6 in general; not sure what to think yet...I want to wait for the act to really finish before I grasp a full opinion. I don't know how I feel about the newer kids, I want to have a favourite but I can't really decide???

Iunno.

But I must say Rose is still my favourite original kid (and one of my most favourite characters in general), while Gamzee and Vriska are my two other favourites. 'u'